• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McConnell blocks House bills to reopen government

How do you know it does not have majority support? These bills passed the Senate last year
Are you arguing that these Bill's have any chance being signed into law?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Of course the "lets burn it all down" end of the Trump cult loves this shutdown stuff. It suits their fancy because in some form it is stoking a burn it all down fire.

It isnt McConells fault that McConnel is blocking these bills?

:screwy

Ahh, I see. Its Trumps fault that McConnel is blocking these bills.

Tell me again how its the dems who are responsible for this shutdown?

When you cut up my post and misrepresent what I said, even cutting out the answer to your question, the conversation is over. You are confirming all you are doing is trolling.

It isnt McConells fault that McConnel is blocking these bills?

:screwy

Ahh, I see. Its Trumps fault that McConnel is blocking these bills.

Tell me again how its the dems who are responsible for this shutdown?

Both parties and Trump are responsible for the ongoing shutdown.
Denying facts does not help.

Are you arguing that these Bill's have any chance being signed into law?

Your question is not an answer. You said these bills do not have majority support

How do you know?

When you cut up my post and misrepresent what I said, even cutting out the answer to your question, the conversation is over. You are confirming all you are doing is trolling.

Yeah, I saw that, but have no worries, the hatchet job was rendered moot anyway. ;)

Every president has used the same authority

No. It's not for use to circumvent Congress, for desired legislation. Neither are EO's. And the Court will weigh-in, if it occurs.

The rest of your post was just weaselly words that avoided admitting that McConnell is responsible for McConnells decision to block the bill.

This is wonderful news. Even the rhinos are now backing President Trump. You liberals had your chance at dialogue.

When was that, exactly?

"Dialogue" requires two parties to exchange thoughts and ideas. What we have seen is a temper tantrum backed by horrid lies, personal insults and ego driven grand standing.

You Trumps had YOUR chance a compromise, now you have to ruin the lives of seniors, the poor, government employees and the nation in general over a stupid campaign ploy featuring "big beautiful concrete, I love concrete" an idea of grandeur and no consequence.

90% of illegals come in by air and over stay their visas and the corrupt system in the US ignores that while fighting a fraudulent war using fasehoods, fear and panic.

Bend over America, you are being screwed!

Both parties and Trump are responsible for the ongoing shutdown.
Denying facts does not help.

Agree about denying facts. If I could only get Trumpets to figure that out.

[/B]AKA as "national (military) emergency"

He won't go that route, (imo), even though he throws it out there, because he already knows it will not get him the funds he needs for border enhancements.
He'll continue his attempt to win border funds with the Democratic resisters.

It is not the Democrats fault, they are doing what they were elected to do. Our issue is this is not entirely McConnell's fault either.

What McConnell knows is even if the House bills pass the Senate, odds are it is not veto proof strength in support meaning all that will happen is Trump saying no as he clearly intends to hold out for funding for his wall, fence, whatever he is calling it today.

All we are really seeing is entrapment politics.

Democrats in the House knew the bills themselves could pass the Senate but not for certain. They very well might, but we know what Trump will do.

Now, McConnell is being hypocritical. While Obama was in office Congressional Republicans passed ACA repeal what... 40-50 times? All the time knowing full well Obama would veto. But the politics of the party demanded they do so. Congressional Democrats are doing the same thing, passing a bill in the House knowing it will not become so (because of something down the line they can point to as the fault.)

It is just today's chapter in the very ugly politics of maneuvering and games over this government shutdown.

There are only two ways out of this now. Congress to blink and give Trump wall money which is disastrous for House Democrats and some Congressional Republicans, *or* Congress as a whole comes up with a veto proof bill that opens government back up without Trump's wall money just to spite Trump.

I suspect the former will happen, just unsure when.

Good post. I do think it's time to let Trump know that America, Republicans and Democrat alike, will not stand for a dictatorship. A bi-partisan override to Trump's desire to be a one-man show, dictator-in-chief, would serve America well on this issue as well as future issues.

Agree about denying facts. If I could only get Trumpets to figure that out.

Maybe if you stop calling them "Trumpets" that might help.
How to win friends and influence enemies? :)

You mean other than Schumer making an explicit commitment not to bring up this type of bill. Oh. . . wait, lying scum Schumer; what was I thinking? :cool:

Would you be willing to compare Schumer against Trump on the lies?

ONE thing Trumps should NOT do is call anyone a liar. Trump will make you eat those words in 20 seconds as the lies come out of his pie hole like mass produced propaganda.

Thanks for remindiong EVERYONE how much Stupid lies. Keep calling his opponents "liars"...that's working so well with mr 15 a day

The rest of your post was just weaselly words that avoided admitting that McConnell is responsible for McConnells decision to block the bill.

You are missing a very important point, the House bills passing the Senate does not open government back up. Unless the support is veto proof, all that can be expected is a veto from Trump.

What you are really upset about is the exact political entrapment the rest of us already realize. McConnell is in a no win, he just happened to pick the no win that upset you the most all the while ignoring that Trump is primarily responsible for this shutdown in the first place.

Trump is even proud of all this, but hell no... lets talk about McConnell knowing full well Congress passing those bills does not necessarily open government.

He won't go that route, (imo), even though he throws it out there, because he already knows it will not get him the funds he needs for border enhancements.
He'll continue his attempt to win border funds with the Democratic resisters.

Trump has more of a chance in declaring a National Emergency than he has on the path he is on now. He has no shot on this path. Plus the National Emergency route allows him a trap door. He gets to tell his loyal base that he did everything he could do, though in fact he has really done next to nothing to actually get funding for whatever it is he wants to built. You know whatever that thing is that is tumbling around inside his head but nowhere else. That thing for which any description of any sort changes like the New England weather....that thing!

It needs 60 which it does not have and then it wod need trumps signature which it also does not have. The house needs to write a bill that meets that threshold. The Senate has better things to do than waste it's time with the Democrats political games

You stated the Senate does not have the votes to pass the bill in regular order voting. I say it does, or comes very close (tie). That's what I'm debating.

Yeah, right. Like the Trumptards will dispense with "Librul ****sticks and Evil Democrats ."

They get all the chastisement they deserve. They certainly dish out enough.

That's the world we live in silly rabbit.

Ii doubt I will stop and I doubt I will care to impress them.

When was that, exactly?

"Dialogue" requires two parties to exchange thoughts and ideas. What we have seen is a temper tantrum backed by horrid lies, personal insults and ego driven grand standing.

You Trumps had YOUR chance a compromise, now you have to ruin the lives of seniors, the poor, government employees and the nation in general over a stupid campaign ploy featuring "big beautiful concrete, I love concrete" an idea of grandeur and no consequence.

90% of illegals come in by air and over stay their visas and the corrupt system in the US ignores that while fighting a fraudulent war using fasehoods, fear and panic.

Bend over America, you are being screwed!

I don't know where you derive your facts but the above is pure poppycock. Maybe that's what happens in your country, but that's not true here.
https://www.politifact.com/punditfa...os/ramos-40-undocumented-immigrants-come-air/

Back
Top Bottom