• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McConnell blocks House bills to reopen government

Ii doubt I will stop and I doubt I will care to impress them.

Carry on with your quest then...
Nobody cares.

You are missing a very important point, the House bills passing the Senate does not open government back up. Unless the support is veto proof, all that can be expected is a veto from Trump.

No, you are missing the fact that McConnell is the only one responsible for blocking these bills, which, btw, have nothing objectionable in them.

There is a process set out by the Constitution. Spending bills originate in the House, and once passed, go to the Senate. McConnel is blocking that process
What you are really upset about is the exact political entrapment the rest of us already realize. McConnell is in a no win, he just happened to pick the no win that upset you the most all the while ignoring that Trump is primarily responsible for this shutdown in the first place.

Following the process the constitution sets out is not entrapment. It is accountability.

And I am not upset about this. I am delighted that the american people are getting to see how it is the republicans who are responsible for this govt shutdown

Trump is even proud of all this, but hell no... lets talk about McConnell knowing full well Congress passing those bills does not necessarily open government.

The american people have the right to see where their elected representatives stand on these bills. You are just offering defeatist excuses for inaction.

If the Senate were to pass these bills, it would then be in Trumps court. Whether or not he would veto them is nothing but pure speculation.

Yeah, right. Like the Trumptards will dispense with "Librul ****sticks and Evil Democrats ."

They get all the chastisement they deserve. They certainly dish out enough.

That's the world we live in silly rabbit.

Whatever you say, captain obvious.
You might want to tell the name callers to take the log out of their own eyes though...:peace

I don't know where you derive your facts but the above is pure poppycock. Maybe that's what happens in your country, but that's not true here.
https://www.politifact.com/punditfa...os/ramos-40-undocumented-immigrants-come-air/

Hmmmm

Mayby 90% was high but what of it? Truth is no longer a commodity of interest in the USA. So whay are you concerned when someone inflates the real truth?

And why take a dump, low ball shot at Canada because I may have erred. We are consistently one of the top ten places to live and we DON'T have a problem with illegals and our government pays its people, they don't have to stage garage sales because the president is in a snit.

Your country is such a ****ing mess I am astonished you went there.

Were me I would be scrambling to find some extra income as California is going to have to pay it's own way to stop the whole state from burning down. You are going to be punished for standing up to Trump.

Feel free to challenge my posts anytime

No, you are missing the fact that McConnell is the only one responsible for blocking these bills, which, btw, have nothing objectionable in them.

There is a process set out by the Constitution. Spending bills originate in the House, and once passed, go to the Senate. McConnel is blocking that process

Following the process the constitution sets out is not entrapment. It is accountability.

And I am not upset about this. I am delighted that the american people are getting to see how it is the republicans who are responsible for this govt shutdown

The american people have the right to see where their elected representatives stand on these bills. You are just offering defeatist excuses for inaction.

If the Senate were to pass these bills, it would then be in Trumps court. Whether or not he would veto them is nothing but pure speculation.

You have proven my point, thank you.

BTW, this is already in Trump's court. He is primarily responsible for the shutdown.

He won't go that route, (imo), even though he throws it out there, because he already knows it will not get him the funds he needs for border enhancements.
He'll continue his attempt to win border funds with the Democratic resisters.
Actually, I think he will do it (military national emergency) in some quasi show-type manner, to get out of his jam.

The Court will quite likely rebuff him due to precedent (Truman, etc.), and Trump will tell his base he tried but,

"the 'swam' and 'deep state' remain, but I will continue to fight for you and need your vote in 2020"

I see what I wrote here as the most likely "out".

Very well reasoned and convincing post. :roll:

Do you think Trump cares about the people he's screwing that have the misfortune of living paycheck to paycheck?

Remember, this is about a CR - not new appropriations, which is what "the wall" would be. Trump was going to sign it, as were Senate repubs, until Coulter and Fox laid into him. Is Trump a man? Who's running the show, anyway?

Whatever you say, captain obvious.
You might want to tell the name callers to take the log out of their own eyes though...:peace

That I can agree with but the damage is done and you can't get toothpaste back into the tube.

But that's a good idea.

I'll start with you.

Hey Trixy, take the log out of your eye.

Yeah, I can see how much you hate name calling :roll:

Name calling is not OK if it is directed at another in a personal manner, but you already knew this.
I hope you didn't hurt yourself when rolling your eyeballs. :)

That I can agree with but the damage is done and you can't get toothpaste back into the tube.

But that's a good idea.

I'll start with you.

Hey Trixy, take the log out of your eye.

My name isn't Trixy.

Name calling is not OK if it is directed at another in a personal manner, but you already knew this.
I hope you didn't hurt yourself when rolling your eyeballs. :)

IOW, it is OK when you do it.

It is cowardly to insult people behind their backs.

Actually, I think he will do it (military national emergency) in some quasi show-type manner, to get out of his jam.

The Court will quite likely rebuff him due to precedent (Truman, etc.), and Trump will tell his base he tried but,

"the 'swam' and 'deep state' remain, but I will continue to fight for you and need your vote in 2020"

I see what I wrote here as the most likely "out".

No, he won't for the reason I stated above.
I bet the biased media didn't tell you that congress still needs to appropriate the funds if he should take that route though. Look it up if you don't believe it.

IOW, it is OK when you do it.

It is cowardly to insult people behind their backs.

Can you put that in a memo and give it to all the DP posters?
I wouldn't want you to forget anyone while virtue signaling. ;)

Can you put that in a memo and give it to all the DP posters?
I wouldn't want you to forget anyone while virtue signaling. ;)
Q3V3nDQ.jpg

Last edited:
Would you be willing to compare Schumer against Trump on the lies?

ONE thing Trumps should NOT do is call anyone a liar. Trump will make you eat those words in 20 seconds as the lies come out of his pie hole like mass produced propaganda.

Thanks for remindiong EVERYONE how much Stupid lies. Keep calling his opponents "liars"...that's working so well with mr 15 a day

Why not? Schumer is both a crier and a hypocritical liar.

request denied

So I guess this means you're done for now?

In the future, send me a P/M and we'll have a nice conversation, or report to the MODS if you see me break the DP forum rules.
TIA!

:2wave:

I am sure someone will come along and explain why it is the dems fault that McConnell is blocking these bills.
Or Blame it on Obama. All over the discussions forums are a strategy of deflection, where I guess Trump supporters want the public to believe if some past politician did something wrong, it's OK for Trump to do wrong things. Or why was there no outrage when so and so democrat politician did wrong things. The problem with that argument is that I witness much outrage from people that considered themselves Democrats at Bill Clinton's behavior that lead to impeachment. I witnessed many Democrats that were strongly against the ACA presented by Obama. What I'm seeing from Trump supporters is complete denial of his actions and not even a small amount of criticism.

No, he won't for the reason I stated above.
I bet the biased media didn't tell you that congress still needs to appropriate the funds if he should take that route though. Look it up if you don't believe it.
Interesting, because I though Trump was doing this specifically to raid the military budget for his funding.

Anyway, we shall see. I'm still keeping the odds at least 50-50, or slightly better.

Interesting, because I though Trump was doing this specifically to raid the military budget for his funding.

Anyway, we shall see. I'm still keeping the odds at least 50-50, or slightly better.

I've been wrong plenty of times before, but on this one he has nothing to gain politically by doing so.
I'll be happy to concede my point if this should happen.
Remind me. ;)

I am sure someone will come along and explain why it is the dems fault that McConnell is blocking these bills.

I'm sure someone will come along and explain why the Illegalocrats want NO BARRIER on our Southern Border.

I have a pretty good idea.

#motorvoterlawsallowillegalstovote

What's the point in bringing a bill to the floor does not even have a simple majority let alone the 60 needed

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bingo. Waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom