• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McCain: Obama 'directly responsible' for Orlando massacre

... Never mind that Omar Sateen was born in Queens... and no length of time spent in Afghanistan or Iraq would have made a difference in this matter.

True, but not really relevant in that McCain's point is that ISIS wouldn't exist if Syria and Iraq hadn't been left unattended - US troops taken out of Iraq and US troops not committed to Syria - so McCain's point is that there'd be no ISIS for impressionable young Americans to follow and commit mass killings in the US. He may have had a point had he not tried to saddle President Obama directly with the murder of 49 people in Orlando. It's not unreasonable to argue that the vacuum of leadership left by US inattention in the area gave rise to ISIS.

. .001% huh? As long as it's not YOU, or one of your kids. and I notice you didn't address the $trillions we spent over there. Typical.

And phony Internet tough guys like you bother me. Behind your keyboard you're so tough with other people's lives.

yeah, the military is so happy they pulled out early so people like you could say they(and the dead) wasted their lives and blood for nothing. you think they were just so thankful to get out, don't you. I WORK on a military base. so let me just put this nicely: you don't know what you are talking about. I'm just laying out facts, sorry if that bothers you. You seem to have no problem playing with the lives on innocents killed by ISIS maniacs on our soil, or else you would acknowledge the problem(and solution).

have a nice day also.

Oh, gracious me. Looks like Grandpa Sid McCrashcup has finally gone all sharky-jumpy.

These people are PO'ed at our involvement in the ME and our ME foreign policy.

If it wasn't ISIS they would be pledging their loyalty to the Taliban or AQ. Terrorist organizations have been in the ME for decades.

True, but not really relevant in that McCain's point is that ISIS wouldn't exist if Syria and Iraq hadn't been left unattended - US troops taken out of Iraq and US troops not committed to Syria - so McCain's point is that there'd be no ISIS for impressionable young Americans to follow and commit mass killings in the US. He may have had a point had he not tried to saddle President Obama directly with the murder of 49 people in Orlando. It's not unreasonable to argue that the vacuum of leadership left by US inattention in the area gave rise to ISIS.

He may have had a point if Islamic terrorism hadn't been a thing since well... The 60s. Impressionable young Muslims have been around since the 6day war. McCain should know this.

Sent from a flower watered by the tears of Trump supporters and crazy newb liberals.

Bad mistake on McCain's part.

I hope he has an excuse...and uses it.

He should be better than this.

Our country should be better than this.

Don't forget: he's the same dottering old fool who thought it was a great idea to have Sarah Palin a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

Funny, I always thought the person "directly responsible" for a crime was the one who committed it.

Didn't Obama support the Arab Spring? Has the Arab Spring led to radical Islam rising in the Mideast? Did Obama suppress Isis in Syria?
Nope, it took Vlady Putin to step in and kill the terrorists that Obama refused to.

John McCain: Obama 'directly responsible' for Orlando - CNNPolitics.com

first, remember when the left went after Trump for attacking McCain and they defended him? watch those some hypocrites bring out the long knives on McCain for this. It's going to be ugly(and kind of sad). they use, then discard, then destroy people at any political whim that comes along.

second, McCain made it very clear in his debate with Obama that the US needed to retain a presence in Iraq indefinitely, as we have in Japan, Korea, and throughout Europe. You liberals laughed it off, and voted for Obama and his cut and run policy. You have no one to blame but yourselves for ISIS. You can't defeat an enemy then go home and leave it a fractured tribal community to "figure it out". Arab Spring was squandered. Obama is a disgrace.

First, defending McCain regarding his heroic war record does not mean you can never criticize him for statements he makes in the future. McCain is a human being and so is capable of being wrong or mistaken, like everyone else. He is not a god.

Now that that's out of the way, I am disappointed in McCain. He may really believe what he said, but he's mistaken. This is probably a case of trying to take a page out of Carl Rove's book by blaming something on the opposition, when you are the one to blame. Rove said that when a political person or party has a weakness or is to blame for something, the way to go is to beat the opposition to the punch by blaming the opposition. Then when the opposition rightly puts the blame on you, it sounds defensive.

Since the family came to America at least before 1987, when the shooter was born in NY, they came here probably during the Reagan presidency. I don't know if the family came here legally or illegally, but Reagan granted amnesty to illegals, anyway.

ISIS is a natural offshoot of the increased radicalization of groups since the Iraq War, although the Taliban existed before that war. It was the Iraq War that spawned the offshoots we see now. The War's cruelty gave them plenty of ammunition (earth's precious treasures in Iraq's museum...the first city on earth was in Iraq; taking oil; killing thousands of Iraqis and maiming even more, including blowing up children as collateral damage; etc.).

Whether it's ISIS or the Taliban or Al Qaeda...they're all the same in their message, their so-called causes, the people, their terroristic methods.

This guy, though, sounds like he's part terrorist-sympathizer and part a violent, hateful disturbed far right extremist male (most of the shooters have been far right extremist males...most of them white, I believe).

I just don't know you can't look at his statement then use your own facts to refute them. Why just attack the guy for things that have nothing to do with the statement he made?

The salient point is that McCain has zero credibilty. Besides, the shooter is the one directly responsible for the shooting. To suggest Obama was responsible only underscores my point.

first, remember when the left went after Trump for attacking McCain and they defended him? watch those some hypocrites bring out the long knives on McCain for this. It's going to be ugly(and kind of sad). they use, then discard, then destroy people at any political whim that comes along.

second, McCain made it very clear in his debate with Obama that the US needed to retain a presence in Iraq indefinitely, as we have in Japan, Korea, and throughout Europe. You liberals laughed it off, and voted for Obama and his cut and run policy. You have no one to blame but yourselves for ISIS. You can't defeat an enemy then go home and leave it a fractured tribal community to "figure it out". Arab Spring was squandered. Obama is a disgrace.

McCain has it right.

He's right. It's clear as can be that BHO's precipitate withdrawal from Iraq enabled the formation of ISIS.

Last edited:

yeah, guess you missed Obama speaking in Orlando where he pretty much blamed the GOP for the shooting. must of missed it.

yeah, guess you missed Obama speaking in Orlando where he pretty much blamed the GOP for the shooting. must of missed it.

I didn't hear that, but if he did he's wrong. This is all on the shooter.

I didn't hear that, but if he did he's wrong. This is all on the shooter.

yeah, but then "the reason" he did it is till along political lines. every issue is somehow broken down left v right. Even after 9/11 everyone was together for like FIVE MINUTES before the arguments started. its depressing.

He may have had a point if Islamic terrorism hadn't been a thing since well... The 60s. Impressionable young Muslims have been around since the 6day war. McCain should know this.

Sent from a flower watered by the tears of Trump supporters and crazy newb liberals.

That's all wonderfully flippant, but if you think ISIS/ISIL/IS/Daesh or whatever the hell they call themselves or we call them these days were around in the 60s and invading countries, taking over cities, and murdering thousands, your fantasy life is flourishing and you should give your drug dealer a summer bonus.

That's all wonderfully flippant, but if you think ISIS/ISIL/IS/Daesh or whatever the hell they call themselves or we call them these days were around in the 60s and invading countries, taking over cities, and murdering thousands, your fantasy life is flourishing and you should give your drug dealer a summer bonus.

The point I am making is that McCain is acting like Islamic terrorism is a thing of the present and islamic terrorism activity can only be associated with IS. That's pure revisionism with a complete disregard for why it exists in the first place.

yeah, but then "the reason" he did it is till along political lines. every issue is somehow broken down left v right. Even after 9/11 everyone was together for like FIVE MINUTES before the arguments started. its depressing.

Wow, now YOU of all people are lamenting partisanship? You ****ting me?

The point I am making is that McCain is acting like Islamic terrorism is a thing of the present and islamic terrorism activity can only be associated with IS. That's pure revisionism with a complete disregard for why it exists in the first place.

I hate being put in a position of defending McCain, because I think as I stated above that his statement was asinine, but you're totally mischaracterizing his comments. Where has he denied or ignored historical terrorism in the region? He hasn't. What he has asserted is that the rise of ISIS is on Obama's watch and it can be attributed to Obama's indifference or outright ignorance of the situation in Iraq/Syria. Terrorism in the region in the past isn't remotely similar to ISIS and their impact now. Social media is a big tool of ISIS now, reaching young people around the world and particularly in the west - happens in Canada too. ISIS also has, thanks to their ability to take over oil production in a lot of the region, vast resources that no terrorists or terrorist organizations have had in the past, even with bin Laden funding al Qaeda. ISIS seems to have access to $billions and it's all because of their invasion of parts of Syria and Iraq and brutally securing those areas. That's vastly different from any other history in the region, particularly since the 60s. If you don't see it, you have all the qualifications necessary to work for President Obama. Even the CIA is now speaking out against President Obama's handling of the situation and the area.

First, defending McCain regarding his heroic war record does not mean you can never criticize him for statements he makes in the future. McCain is a human being and so is capable of being wrong or mistaken, like everyone else. He is not a god.

Well said. The thread poster is what is wrong with this country.

We are filled with partisan sheep who are led by the nose by their parties.

If a member of their party says or does something wrong , they don't condemn it but instead Google search to find a member of the opposing party who has done same. How many freaking times have we seen that dog and pony show?

This blind worship of their parties is why we have finally ended up with Bozo 1 and Bozo 2 for President.

He's right. It's clear as can be that BHO's precipitate withdrawal from Iraq enabled the formation of ISIS.

But McCain credited that withdrawal to Bush.

McCain deciding to take a ride on the Crazy Train, I see.

I hate being put in a position of defending McCain, because I think as I stated above that his statement was asinine, but you're totally mischaracterizing his comments. Where has he denied or ignored historical terrorism in the region? He hasn't. What he has asserted is that the rise of ISIS is on Obama's watch and it can be attributed to Obama's indifference or outright ignorance of the situation in Iraq/Syria. Terrorism in the region in the past isn't remotely similar to ISIS and their impact now. Social media is a big tool of ISIS now, reaching young people around the world and particularly in the west - happens in Canada too. ISIS also has, thanks to their ability to take over oil production in a lot of the region, vast resources that no terrorists or terrorist organizations have had in the past, even with bin Laden funding al Qaeda. ISIS seems to have access to $billions and it's all because of their invasion of parts of Syria and Iraq and brutally securing those areas. That's vastly different from any other history in the region, particularly since the 60s. If you don't see it, you have all the qualifications necessary to work for President Obama. Even the CIA is now speaking out against President Obama's handling of the situation and the area.

LOL The CIA should not be talking. Their bungling of intelligence is what got us into Iraq in the 1st place. Slam dunk my ass. They had their dirty hands in everything from torture and Abu Garib to Benghazi and what do we have to show for it? In fact if they are criticizing Obama that means he is doing the right thing for sure..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom