• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mask Mandates Don't Work

Yeah California increasing infection rates despite a mask mandate.

Do you doubt that California exists or that they've mandated masks

Yeah, and Arizona decreasing infection rates with mask mandates.

Do you doubt that Arizona exists or that they've mandated masks?

Yeah, and Arizona decreasing infection rates with mask mandates.
So Arizona is a magical place or you are mistaking correlation with causation.
Do you doubt that Arizona exists or that they've mandated masks?
Nope, Arizona absolutely exists, they mandated masks and there is a decline in infection. If you say it's because of the mandate why doesn't that work in other places? Assuming the humans are the same species and the masks have similar effectiveness.

Are your law makers also Djinn able to ward off viruses with a magical spell? Or is California cursed?

So Arizona is a magical place or you are mistaking correlation with causation.

Nope, Arizona absolutely exists, they mandated masks and there is a decline in infection. If you say it's because of the mandate why doesn't that work in other places? Assuming the humans are the same species and the masks have similar effectiveness.

Are your law makers also Djinn able to ward off viruses with a magical spell? Or is California cursed?

Why do you say it isn't because of mandated masks?

I was in San Diego about 2 weeks ago, not a lot of mask wearers, and the beaches were packed.

Healthy people don't spread it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah they do, when they are asymptomatic. There is a time period when you are infectious yet you may have no symptoms, not wearing a mask just helps to spread it more.

Ask Herman Cain.

They can and do spread it if they're asymptomatic.
Perhaps I should reword what I said. Uninfected people do not spread it.

Nobody has said masks are a magic wand or a vaccine and even with mandates many people still do not take the proper precautions.

If you actually listen to the experts who recommend them, you will understand why they recommend them.

If you don't, then you will continue to act like they are supposed to be a magic wand and 'like' posts from poster who has a very questionable posting history. I'm sure though you think MR is a better source than a medical doctor - and that is why the numbers are high.

That's exactly what people are saying. "Mask up, or stay home". "Arrest anyone without a mask". "The riots had zero effect on the spread because they were wearing masks".

Yeah they do, when they are asymptomatic. There is a time period when you are infectious yet you may have no symptoms, not wearing a mask just helps to spread it more.

Ask Herman Cain.
Are you telling me to drop dead, lol???
Seriously though you are playing semantics. If a person is not infected they are not going to get anyone sick. Mandating everyone to wear a mask is as ridicilous of an idea as it would be to mandate anyone who does not want children to remain celibate.

The biggest spike in CA is from the Central Valley where there are many farmworkers and other essential workers who have little choice than to work as they do, which may not include mask or proper physical spacing to get the job done, and also live in hshld where it is usual to have 3 gens living together, closely, where much virus is transmitted. It is much the same that is contributing to the spike in TX from along the southern border. Same thing. TX has a mask mandate, but that should eventually lower their numbers. CA is still lower per capita than the Red states. So, there ya go.

I want to know how many of the 'protestors' in Portland, for example, have been tested for Covid.

California instituted a mask mandate on June 18, two months ago. On that date they had 4084 new cases for June 18th. Two months after the mask mandate yesterday, August 18th, California had 4636 new cases for the day. On June 18th, the first day of the mask mandate, California had 82 new deaths and two months after the mask mandate, on August 18th, they had 100 new deaths for the day. California | The COVID Tracking Project

And, whether you are in a red state or a blue state, people aren't going to wear their masks whether there is a mask mandate or not and most of these people are the younger invincible liberals aged 20-29 who aren't about to stop going to beaches and bars.

Then the only answer is to shut everything back down. That is you goal? You are right about bars and indoor dining though, masks do not ever work there. They need to shut down for the duration.

That's exactly what people are saying. "Mask up, or stay home". "Arrest anyone without a mask". "The riots had zero effect on the spread because they were wearing masks".

Who's been able to test the 'protestors' in Portland, for example?:roll:

Perhaps I should reword what I said. Uninfected people do not spread it.

Asymptomatic people don't know they're infected.

Are you telling me to drop dead, lol???
Seriously though you are playing semantics. If a person is not infected they are not going to get anyone sick. Mandating everyone to wear a mask is as ridicilous of an idea as it would be to mandate anyone who does not want children to remain celibate.

I never told you to drop dead.

But, you don't know when you have it. My GF had it, and we didn't know, she gave it to me. A few days later, we both were sick.

Don't mess around with this, we were extremely lucky.

I want to know how many of the 'protestors' in Portland, for example, have been tested for Covid.

Why? That will only cause more disease. Don't you know that testing causes covid 19?

There are a lot of universities opening, and students are being idiots because many are self centered and feel immortal at that age. There have been reports of several large gatherings around universities recently. Fox News this morning reported that Duke University managed to limit their cases by having students sign a contract not to have large gatherings, follow social distancing and mask mandates, and quarantine on campus if a test is positive or symptoms are present. I believe they had single digit cases while UNC had a few hundred yesterday.

And the commie riots had zero effect, too. Huh?

I see most people wearing mssks. The numbers should at least be stabilizing. Why are they still going up?

Some do not, whats your point?

That is the point of mask mandates. So those that don't know they are infected don't expel so much virus and infect others. We assume that those that know they have it are not going around spreading it intentionally.

I never told you to drop dead.

But, you don't know when you have it. My GF had it, and we didn't know, she gave it to me. A few days later, we both were sick.

Don't mess around with this, we were extremely lucky.
Im not suggesting people to act irresponsibily. Speaking for myself i keep a stack of masks and wipes in my vehicle. I ise them when i feel its appropiate and i keep my distance from people in general. I do these things because i dont want yo get sick nor do i want to be responsible for getting somebody else sick.
What I am pushing back against is mandating other peoples behaviors. Its not just wrong it is unjust.

And the commie riots had zero effect, too. Huh?

I see most people wearing mssks. The numbers should at least be stabilizing. Why are they still going up?

Because "most" people wearing masks is not enough. If we can't get it under control with masks we will need to shut down entirely again. Is that what you want? We cannot let the virus stay in charge of our lives and economy. Doesn't everyone know that?

Im not suggesting people to act irresponsibily. Speaking for myself i keep a stack of masks and wipes in my vehicle. I ise them when i feel its appropiate and i keep my distance from people in general. I do these things because i dont want yo get sick nor do i want to be responsible for getting somebody else sick.
What I am pushing back against is mandating other peoples behaviors. Its not just wrong it is unjust.

So if someone wants to drive drunk we should let him? Not wearing a mask in public spaces is the same as driving drunk. It shows the same disregard for the lives of others. This is a pandemic not a civics experiment.

Back
Top Bottom