• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mask Mandates Don't Work

No I won't wear a mask of my vehicle, I don't wear a mask if I'm more than 6 feet away from people.

If you're in those conditions The mask doesn't do anything except for signal virtue.

I don't wear a mask alone in a vehicle. I don't believe that I'm required to.

California instituted a mask mandate on June 18, two months ago. On that date they had 4084 new cases for June 18th. Two months after the mask mandate yesterday, August 18th, California had 4636 new cases for the day. On June 18th, the first day of the mask mandate, California had 82 new deaths and two months after the mask mandate, on August 18th, they had 100 new deaths for the day. California | The COVID Tracking Project

And, whether you are in a red state or a blue state, people aren't going to wear their masks whether there is a mask mandate or not and most of these people are the younger invincible liberals aged 20-29 who aren't about to stop going to beaches and bars.

Quick coginitive skills test. Guess which one of these states has had and still has a mask mandate?

5f2f4bd58619e.image.png

No, it isn't the mask mandate. I sacrificed a pig to the god of the southwest wind on July 17.
That's what worked.

No, its the mask mandate.

Quick coginitive skills test. Guess which one of these states has had and still has a mask mandate?

5f2f4bd58619e.image.png

AZ's percentage has gone way down since then, I read 6% today in the paper.

I don't wear a mask alone in a vehicle. I don't believe that I'm required to.

Neither do we, but we both had Covid 2 months ago...

Whether wearing a mask helps or not, by what authority does the gov have to force healthy people to wear them?
I can make thousands or more arguments of things that people should do using the same perverse logic being applied here and by doing it here it opens the door to those arguments.
We could mandate that everyone own a gun or nobody can have premarital sex and if it saves one life its worth it. There is a very big problem with criminalizing things that are not universally accepted by an overwhelming majority as unacceptable like murder for instance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Think of masks as seatbelts. Government mandates their use. "Click it or ticket."

I only wear a mask when I'm going into a business, or when I have to interact with people in person. And not always even then.

I wear one at work and in public.

Some people apparently believe it to be cool to do whatever possible to spread COVID 19 and further keeping the economy at risk.

Some mindset .....

Last edited:
It's not a question of guilt. It's a potentially deadly disease that's infections for a week before the victim gets symptoms. You wear a mask to protect others, unless you don't give a ****.
You think its cool to shame people for not surrendering their right to autonomy?

Think of masks as seatbelts. Government mandates their use. "Click it or ticket."
Thats another good example of gov overreach. Where does the gov derive the authority to tell you must wear a seatbelt?

Thats another good example of gov overreach. Where does the gov derive the authority to tell you must wear a seatbelt?

From the same authority that imposes mileage standards smog controls, car seats for kids, motorcycle helmets, etc. Philosophical/political defense of the rule is our increasing interdependence as a society, whereby if you fly thru the windshield, we have collectively decided to treat you, insured or not. Such a rule would not have been imposed generations ago. As to masks, it's not your ass they pretend to save as with seatbelts, it's others'.

That not how logic works. You have to prove your claim. Until then my claim that it's because I sacrificed a pig is just as valid.

The title of the thread is that they don't work, you should be trying to prove that...

The problem is that too many on the right suffer from "Mask-ulinity" issues?

You think its cool to shame people for not surrendering their right to autonomy?

Do you think its cool to spread a virus?

The title of the thread is that they don't work, you should be trying to prove that...

The problem is that too many on the right suffer from "Mask-ulinity" issues?

Yeah California increasing infection rates despite a mask mandate.

Do you doubt that California exists or that they've mandated masks

Back
Top Bottom