• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mask Mandates Don't Work

They don't work if they are not adhered too

Which is why mask mandates don't work. They will never be adhered to, especially by the young liberal progressive invincible age group of 20-29 who refuse to stop going to beaches, partying, and bars. Especially when they amass by the thousands or tens of thousands like sardine cans to protest and the left won't even call them out for it.

If the masks are the magic wand, why did the U.S. have 11,000+ new cases as of 16:26 GMT?

There are a lot of universities opening, and students are being idiots because many are self centered and feel immortal at that age. There have been reports of several large gatherings around universities recently. Fox News this morning reported that Duke University managed to limit their cases by having students sign a contract not to have large gatherings, follow social distancing and mask mandates, and quarantine on campus if a test is positive or symptoms are present. I believe they had single digit cases while UNC had a few hundred yesterday.

California has some serious hot beds of whack job Republicanism left in it, apparently one of the astounding number of things Trumpets don't know.

LOL. Every hotspot area in California is on the left.

California instituted a mask mandate on June 18, two months ago. On that date they had 4084 new cases for June 18th. Two months after the mask mandate yesterday, August 18th, California had 4636 new cases for the day. On June 18th, the first day of the mask mandate, California had 82 new deaths and two months after the mask mandate, on August 18th, they had 100 new deaths for the day. California | The COVID Tracking Project

And, whether you are in a red state or a blue state, people aren't going to wear their masks whether there is a mask mandate or not and most of these people are the younger invincible liberals aged 20-29 who aren't about to stop going to beaches and bars.
Would you say that mask mandates without adequate enforcement don't work? If so, I would agree!

LOL. Every hotspot area in California is on the left.

Think again SPORT. Certified whack job Devin Nunes represents Fresno and the San Juanquin and you have to be a righty to vote for that IDIOT. That is not the only place your logic does not hold up. Just don't have the time or the interest in discussing this IDIOTIC topic further.

California disagrees with you. Perhaps it is the red states like Arizona who are more compliant instead of those blue state liberal young people.

A lot of the enforcement and compliance lies with community pressure besides the official mandate - which got the ball rolling. Having a government official forcing an issue is no where near as effective as the people standing behind someone waiting in line; Phoenicians are very outspoken.

Would you say that mask mandates without adequate enforcement don't work? If so, I would agree!

Would you also agree that there is no such thing as a mask mandate that has adequate enforcement? Actually, I don't even know what that means. Do you mean everyone wearing their masks or law enforcement enforcing the mask mandate?

Think again SPORT. Certified whack job Devin Nunes represents Fresno and the San Juanquin and you have to be a righty to vote for that IDIOT. That is not the only place your logic does not hold up. Just don't have the time or the interest in discussing this IDIOTIC topic further.

Alright, most hotspots in California are on the left. Sure you can find a maga hat guy saying he isn't going to wear a mask but it is the 20-29 age group of young liberals who are spreading the virus and that is a fact and it is also a fact that the protesters, bar and beach goers and partiers are that younger age group, the young progressive indestructible liberal progressives.

If the masks are the magic wand, why did the U.S. have 11,000+ new cases as of 16:26 GMT?

Nobody has said masks are a magic wand or a vaccine and even with mandates many people still do not take the proper precautions.

If you actually listen to the experts who recommend them, you will understand why they recommend them.

If you don't, then you will continue to act like they are supposed to be a magic wand and 'like' posts from poster who has a very questionable posting history. I'm sure though you think MR is a better source than a medical doctor - and that is why the numbers are high.

Would you also agree that there is no such thing as a mask mandate that has adequate enforcement? Actually, I don't even know what that means. Do you mean everyone wearing their masks or law enforcement enforcing the mask mandate?
I mean law enforcement giving out citations like candy until the anti-maskers pull their heads out and stop endangering others under the guise of "personal freedom". Repeat offenses should be escalated to Reckless Endangerment. Mask mandates could work if given a fighting chance like that.

The mask mandate is working in my county. :rock

So masks have a superpower where you live? If they don't work in California they don't work anywhere. It's some other reason that the virus is on decline in your country.

Its working in my state....

Okay no it doesn't. Unless the tasks in your state are made out of some cosmic material they would work the same in California as they do anywhere else.

There would have to be some other reason for the decline in numbers. Unless people in your state are another species or there's some sort of unknown shielding involved in wearing a mask that only happens in particular geographic locations.

So if it doesn't work in California it doesn't work anywhere.

No I won't wear a mask of my vehicle, I don't wear a mask if I'm more than 6 feet away from people.

If you're in those conditions The mask doesn't do anything except for signal virtue.

Probably right about the car...wrong about 6' away. But I will let you figure out why for yourself.

Last edited:
California instituted a mask mandate on June 18, two months ago. On that date they had 4084 new cases for June 18th. Two months after the mask mandate yesterday, August 18th, California had 4636 new cases for the day. On June 18th, the first day of the mask mandate, California had 82 new deaths and two months after the mask mandate, on August 18th, they had 100 new deaths for the day. California | The COVID Tracking Project

And, whether you are in a red state or a blue state, people aren't going to wear their masks whether there is a mask mandate or not and most of these people are the younger invincible liberals aged 20-29 who aren't about to stop going to beaches and bars.

Mask mandates dont work due to Trump making it genderbending, to wear one. And disloyal. And making you a slave. Trump has made pandemic mediation a partisan event. Trump is committing a crime against humanity. Not to mention allowing the blue cities to drop dead.

Probably right about the car...wrong about 6' away. But I will let you figure out why for yourself.

So if I'm out in the field all by myself, the nearest person is over a hundred yards away from me. How does my wearing a mask protect them?

Mask mandates dont work due to Trump making it genderbending, to wear one. And disloyal. And making you a slave. Trump has made pandemic mediation a partisan event. Trump is committing a crime against humanity. Not to mention allowing the blue cities to drop dead.

So you think Trump is some sort of God that overrides people's free will?

People don't wear masks because they don't want to any association with Trump is purely in your head.

Okay no it doesn't. Unless the tasks in your state are made out of some cosmic material they would work the same in California as they do anywhere else.

There would have to be some other reason for the decline in numbers. Unless people in your state are another species or there's some sort of unknown shielding involved in wearing a mask that only happens in particular geographic locations.

So if it doesn't work in California it doesn't work anywhere.

False premise by you.

Its working in my state.

It's working in Arizona, a former hot spot.

Back
Top Bottom