• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mask Mandates Don't Work

But you're also for the demonstrations from the Taylor and Floyd incidents which spread the virus.
I am for those that demonstrated and used masks and social distancing. There were lots of them in my state

I am for those that demonstrated and used masks and social distancing. There were lots of them in my state
Not everyone uses masks while demonstrating nor do they socially distance while demonstrating nor do they wash their hands while demonstrating.

BTW, the mask helps to protect everyone else from the potentially sick mask wearer. But people also need to socially distance and wash their hands to prevent the spread of the virus.

Not everyone uses masks while demonstrating nor do they socially distance while demonstrating nor do they wash their hands while demonstrating.

BTW, the mask helps to protect everyone else from the potentially sick mask wearer. But people also need to socially distance and wash their hands to prevent the spread of the virus.
Not everyone wears a mask at a trump rally

Do you support them?

So you can't prove that people wearing masks caught the virus from someone not wearing a mask. I thought your side liked to deal in facts. Do you have any real facts, or just scientific opinions?

So you are rejected a reasonable standard of evidence. Noted.

Have you considered that your argument only makes sense if masks are 100% effective against COVID.

Do you believe masks are 100% effective against COVID?

Do you support them?
Trump rallies spread the virus. So do demonstrations against the Floyd and Taylor killings. That's why I think no one cares about the spread of the virus unless they can blame their political opponent.

Have you considered that your argument only makes sense if masks are 100% effective against COVID.

Masks are effective in preventing the sick person (the mask wearer) from spreading the virus to others.
Masks do not prevent the well person from getting sick. The combination of mask wearing and socially distancing and washing hands, for examples, is better at preventing the well person from getting sick.

EDIT: Now you realize that medical professionals think that the mouth and nose are the orifices that spreads the virus to others.

Do you support them?
I wear a mask in public. I also socially distance and wash my hands. EDIT: And wear eye protection.

You're not listening. People cannot spread the virus to others if the others are wearing their masks. That's why the medical community wears PPE, not because they are trying to protect others, because they don't want to catch the virus from patients. Only idiots would not understand this.

Weird how so many COVID patients are medical personnel.

You have no evidence. That is the point. Please provide the evidence that even one person wearing a mask caught Covid from a person not wearing a mask.

What does that have to do with anything? Can you prove a person wearing a mask caught Covid from someone not wearing a mask or not?

The mask doesn't protect the eyes and ears and hands, for example, from getting the Covid virus. The mask is only to prevent the mask wearer from giving the virus to someone else. In the case of medical personnel wearing masks, the medical personnel are trying to prevent the transmission of Covid from their persons to other patients, for example. The medical personnel must wear eye protection and hand protection and ear protection, for examples, to prevent themselves from getting the virus.

California instituted a mask mandate on June 18, two months ago. On that date they had 4084 new cases for June 18th. Two months after the mask mandate yesterday, August 18th, California had 4636 new cases for the day. On June 18th, the first day of the mask mandate, California had 82 new deaths and two months after the mask mandate, on August 18th, they had 100 new deaths for the day. California | The COVID Tracking Project

And, whether you are in a red state or a blue state, people aren't going to wear their masks whether there is a mask mandate or not and most of these people are the younger invincible liberals aged 20-29 who aren't about to stop going to beaches and bars.
Well, of course they won't work when people (i.e., your kind of people) keep sabotaging the effort.

Well, of course they won't work when people (i.e., your kind of people) keep sabotaging the effort.
Masks don't protect the eyes and ears and hands, for example, from the Covid virus. One can get infected while wearing a mask. Especially if one is only wearing a mask and not socially distancing and not hand washing (and while others are not wearing masks).

If the masks are the magic wand, why did the U.S. have 11,000+ new cases as of 16:26 GMT?
It just might be because your Dirtbag led gullible people to believe that the virus was no big deal and scoffed at mask wearing. Oh, and states like FL opening up too soon for too long (and now just blowing all of it off and fully opening bars and clubs -- very efficient places for covid to spread. Come on. You should be proud that Dirtbag failed completely. That is, after all, one of his Cult's top goals.

Masks don't protect the eyes and ears and hands, for example, from the Covid virus. One can get infected while wearing a mask. Especially if one is only wearing a mask and not socially distancing and not hand washing (and while others are not wearing masks).
Don't know how many ****ing times this needs to be repeated to you people. Masks are not worn to protect the wearer but to protect people from the wearer should he be covid +. But no one ever claimed that there was a 100% sure way of doing that anyway.

It just might be because your Dirtbag led gullible people to believe that the virus was no big deal and scoffed at mask wearing. Oh, and states like FL opening up too soon for too long (and now just blowing all of it off and fully opening bars and clubs -- very efficient places for covid to spread. Come on. You should be proud that Dirtbag failed completely. That is, after all, one of his Cult's top goals.
I think both political parties are more concerned with citing the growing Covid statistics in the US and saying the other political party did it. When they both did it.

Don't know how many ****ing times this needs to be repeated to you people. Masks are not worn to protect the wearer but to protect people from the wearer should he be covid +. But no one ever claimed that there was a 100% sure way of doing that anyway.
Eye protection. Hand protection. Ear protection. A mask mandate won't protect anyone from getting Covid. You are right. The mask only prevents the mask wearer from giving Covid.

I think both political parties are more concerned with citing the growing Covid statistics in the US and saying the other political party did it. When they both did it.
Ahhh, the famous "bothsiderism" of who're just spectators.

It's true. Trump rallies spread the virus and just wearing masks spread the virus.
Your "thought processes" (cue laugh track) are, how shall I put it, intriguing to say the least. But buried in that word salad is a nugget of fact. When you pack people together where a few are wearing masks but most not, you will spread the virus more efficiently.

Your "thought processes" (cue laugh track) are, how shall I put it, intriguing to say the least. But buried in that word salad is a nugget of fact. When you pack people together where a few are wearing masks but most not, you will spread the virus more efficiently.
You mean like in a demonstration?

You mean like in a demonstration?
Care to cite any cases of demonstration spread of covid-19? Meanwhile, let's talk about poor Herman Cain, shall we? Oh, wait. You couldn't give half a shit about him for obvious reasons.

Back
Top Bottom