• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man shot in the arm after attacking ex-girlfriend, 2-year-old child, police say

So you think more Black people should arm themselves and deal with their attackers *directly*?

Yeeeeesh. NO bueno.

He didn't say anything about "Black people." That's your leap. I'm not surprised that your immediate leap is that you're not too fond of the idea of "Black people" being able to defend themselves, though. It's an old story.

He didn't say anything about "Black people." That's your leap. I'm not surprised that your immediate leap is that you're not too fond of the idea of "Black people" being able to defend themselves, though. It's an old story.

See, I happen to think Black people shouldn’t have to defend themselves against cops but yeah, guess it’s an old story.

First of all, only people who are dumb enough to subscribe to that biased, worthless rag can read that link.......

Not true. I just read it without signing in.

Here's the gist:

Gun Ownership Rates Tied to Domestic Homicides, but Not Other Killings, Study Finds
“It is women, in particular, who are bearing the burden of this increased gun ownership,” the lead author of the study said.

By Sarah MervoshJuly 22, 2019

A new study has found that a higher rate of firearm ownership is associated with a higher rate of domestic violence homicide in the United States, but that the same does not hold true for other kinds of gun homicide.

That means that women, who make up most victims of domestic homicide, are among those most at risk, said Aaron Kivisto, an associate professor of clinical psychology at the University of Indianapolis and the lead author on the study.

“It is women, in particular, who are bearing the burden of this increased gun ownership,” he said.

The study, published Monday in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, examined firearm ownership on a state-by-state level from 1990 to 2016. It found that while firearm ownership was associated with rates of gun homicide involving intimate partners and other family members, there was no significant association between gun ownership rates and the rates of other kinds of gun homicide, such as those involving friends, acquaintances and strangers.

“That was probably the most surprising finding,” Dr. Kivisto said.

“It is not a risk that is equally shared across the population,” he added.

The study reaffirms a well-known connection between access to guns and abusive relationships turning deadly, at a time when intimate partner homicides are on the rise. Research has shown that women killed by their partners are more likely to be murdered with a firearm than by all other means combined, and the presence of a gun in domestic violence situations can increase the risk of homicide for women by as much as 500 percent, according to the National Domestic Violence Hotline.

Gun Ownership Rates Tied to Domestic Homicides, but Not Other Killings, Study Finds - The New York Times

See, I happen to think Black people shouldn’t have to defend themselves against cops but yeah, guess it’s an old story.

I don't think he specifically said, "against cops" either. That's another instance of your own spin on what he said. You don't like the idea of "Black people" being armed and thus able to defend themselves. Just admit it.

If and when things go south because you and yours abolished the police or made enough of them quit, I think you will wish you had a firearm.
We'll see who gets emotional.

Still you, it sounds like. “Abolish the police”. Calm down.

A new study has found that a higher rate of firearm ownership is associated with a higher rate of domestic violence homicide in the United States, but that the same does not hold true for other kinds of gun homicide.

That means that women, who make up most victims of domestic homicide, are among those most at risk, said Aaron Kivisto, an associate professor of clinical psychology at the University of Indianapolis and the lead author on the study.

“It is women, in particular, who are bearing the burden of this increased gun ownership,” he said.“

Gun Ownership Rates Tied to Domestic Homicides, but Not Other Killings, Study Finds - The New York Times

If only there were firearms in these households.

This is kind of an odd response to a story about a woman who used her gun to shoot her attacker during a domestic violence incident. What do you suppose might have happened if she didn’t have the gun available, and why would that outcome be okay with you?

This is kind of an odd response to a story about a woman who used her gun to shoot her attacker during a domestic violence incident. What do you suppose might have happened if she didn’t have the gun available, and why would that outcome be okay with you?

I’m not responding to that woman. I”m responding to the post that stated women would be safer with guns in the home when the data shows the exact opposite.

I’m not responding to that woman. I”m responding to the post that stated women would be safer with guns in the home when the data shows the exact opposite.

Okay. It was just confusing in relation to the post you quoted.

So would she have been safer? Or could the "data"be wrong?

So would she have been safer? Or could the "data"be wrong?

I’m sorry, you’re really struggling here. What is the gotcha? That you can point to an anecdotal incident in which a gun helped vs the statistical majority in which women like the one described in the article you lvoe are in more danger? Is that how you make decisions for your family? You decide which one should live in an emergency and plan for that?

I’m not saying that woman’s life is less valuable than the women in the study, but you are saying those women don’t count unless this one woman is safe, and you only care about her because you want to point to the gun helping her. You dont’ even care about the woman. Just the gun.

On second thought, if you look anything like your avatar you're probably safe.

My av is from a band. From 30 years ago. Stop flipping personal **** if you’re gonna do it like an 88 year old Fox news viewer yelling about hippies and weirdos.

=Aunt Antifa;1072636614]I’m sorry, you’re really struggling here. What is the gotcha? That you can point to an anecdotal incident in which a gun helped vs the statistical majority in which women like the one described in the article you lvoe are in more danger? Is that how you make decisions for your family? You decide which one should live in an emergency and plan for that?

I'm quite sure that the woman in question didn't fell like some kind of "anecdotal incident in which a gun helped". She's alive.

I’m not saying that woman’s life is less valuable than the women in the study, but you are saying those women don’t count unless this one woman is safe, and you only care about her because you want to point to the gun helping her. You dont’ even care about the woman. Just the gun.

I don't think I'm saying that at all. I think ALL women should be safe and yeah (cough,choke) even you. Do I care about the gun? Straight up
I do. It's The Great Equalizer.

So you think more Black people should arm themselves and deal with their attackers *directly*?

Yeeeeesh. NO bueno.

The problem seems to be that too many black people have armed themselves for the purpose of taking for others directly.

“It is women, in particular, who are bearing the burden of this increased gun ownership,” he said.“

If only there were firearms in these households.

That's why more women should own a firearm and be proficient in it's use.

That's why more women should own a firearm and be proficient in it's use.

I dont think that’s what the study is saying. Could be wrong.

That's what I'm saying.

Well that’s just ignorant. What are you basing your opinion on? The people behind the study used a study.

Yeeeeesh. NO bueno.

Thats a great idea. Everyone should be armed and know and be practiced their use. They are the first line of defense for themselves. Its the equivalent of having fire alert and suppression systems. Or a first aid kit. Better to be there and not use them and not have them and then need them.

I think more law abiding citizens, regardless of color should be prepared exercise their inherent right to self defense rather than become a victim under the mistaken assumption that Law Enforcement will always arrive like the Cavalry at the last minute.

Help is minutes away when seconds count.
This libtard will always own guns.

Back
Top Bottom