• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man caught on video berating, cursing couple protesting Confederate monument in Orange Saturday

I'm not saying it....just the law allows it in Florida...I would just kick his bigoted ass

The law does not allow it in Florida. Stand your ground has nothing to do with this. There was no ability, opportunity, nor jeopardy. The disparity of force was actually against the person condemning them, since it was one person talking to multiple people. He wasn't armed. No reasonable person would find themselves in legitimate fear for their life or limb here.

If you kicked his ass, you'd legally be charged with assault. You'd also be morally wrong, being the initiator of force. Neither your ignorance nor violent temperament is helping your case here.

Last edited:
The law does not allow it in Florida. Stand your ground has nothing to do with this. There was no ability, opportunity, nor jeopardy. The disparity of force was actually against the person condemning them, since it was one person talking to multiple people. He wasn't armed. No reasonable person would find themselves in legitimate fear for their life or limb here.

If you kicked his ass, you'd legally be charged with assault. You'd also be morally wrong, being the initiator of force. Neither your ignorance nor violent temperament is helping your case here.

Guilty as charged...I just hate loud mouth bigots ...What can I say???

This loud mouth bigot was threatening a peaceful couple....In Florida they would have the right "to stand their ground" and shoot this loud mouth bigot

no thats not how stand your ground works anywhere in the country lol

Yeah, we should remember American loser traitors.

We didn't lose in Texas.
We beat the Yankees back all four times.

Still...this guy should have just driven on past and ignored their protests.
If they were trying to destroy the statue, that would have been another issue.
but everyone in America and Texas has the right to peacefully protest anything.

However, if they were from Houston, they should have known doing this in Orange would have gotten them cussed.
If they did it in Vidor (just down the road on I-10), it would have gotten them killed.
They are even more worse and crazier in Vidor.
I don't go there at all and I am a native Texas white Christian male!

His manor and demeanor was most certainly threatening. But correct, he mad no direct threats.

I agree with you i would never support restricting this loon. He is free to have the insane meltdown he did. Hopefully somebody he knows sees it and they help him get the help he obviously needs.

I also agree the couple reacted accordingly, recording him and calmly mocking him even though it lead to him further embarrassing himself.

The couple also did their best to not egg him on further and escalate this guy's inner triggers.
Remember, those guys can shoot a deer though the heart at 325 yards.

...and he would be in an Orange, TX city jail with his liberal attitude.
Think on that for a second.
Sometimes it is wise to think things through before you react.
What if the redneck was the Chief's brother?

People get lost trying to escape through those swamps all the time.

The couple also did their best to not egg him on further and escalate this guy's inner triggers.
Remember, those guys can shoot a deer though the heart at 325 yards.

not so sure about that lol . . . they mocked him pretty good . . he is still a nutter and a loon and needs professional help but it seems he isnt a killer . . at least not that day

not so sure about that lol . . . they mocked him pretty good . . he is still a nutter and a loon and needs professional help but it seems he isnt a killer . . at least not that day

You have to be veeerrryyy careful when you are in the southeast coastal swamp areas of Texas to not trigger people.
Those rednecks are damned crazy down there.
If this couple had pushed his buttons, who knows what might have happened.
They handled it well and the way they should have.
She was from there and knew what to do.

...and he does not need any professional help. Most people down there are like that if they see something that pisses them off.

That area is not the place for California or New York radicals.

You have to be veeerrryyy careful when you are in the southeast coastal swamp areas of Texas to not trigger people.
Those rednecks are damned crazy down there.
If this couple had pushed his buttons, who knows what might have happened.
They handled it well and the way they should have.
She was from there and knew what to do.

...and he does not need any professional help. Most people down there are like that if they see something that pisses them off.

That area is not the place for California or New York radicals.

Dont know if thats true but if it is then most people down there need professional help LOL Anybody that acts like that needs help whether they know it or not. That is unhinged deranged behavior that normal people dont have.
I think asking why he was angry, if he felt better, and telling him jesus loves him was freaking hilarious

We need to embrace all of our history...

Well, there's embracing, meaning acknowledgement and understanding, and then there is celebrating. Germans are quite aware of their past, but they do not celebrate all of it. For the "Sons of Confederate Veterans" (whatever the hell silliness that it is) to plan to add 32 flags to represent Texas regiments of the Confederate army, they are celebrating rebellion and the Antebellum culture. They are declaring that they fought the good fight to establish disunity and a separate nation, lost, but still deserve to be revered along side today's American Veterans.

And what makes their irrational mood even more ridiculous, is that they will go as far as to declare that a black U.S. President wants to invade Texas (2015), routinely invoke the Texas Nationalist Movement in order to threaten to secede (2016), while asking for a federal handout when natural disaster strikes (2017). I mean this is a major emotion-fueled basket case of a state. But instead of pondering or self-reflecting they will simply break into arbitrary song...

Last edited:
We need more people standing up for American Heritage like this... preserving what made America great.
Yeah, the racism of the democratic party.

Maybe that's why they want to tear down these statues. Trying to erase their history after all of this most likely.

This loud mouth bigot was threatening a peaceful couple....In Florida they would have the right "to stand their ground" and shoot this loud mouth bigot

Actually he isn't assaulting them, so it's good to see that you're advocating for murder when faced with a differing, social view.

Takes all kinds I suppose, though I suppose he could have made his point more succinctly while being far more couth.

Given the current trend of things, it's good to see that this didn't escalate any further than crude language.

He didn't threaten them. He didn't attack them. He spoke his mind. Your mind is sick if you think you should kill someone for speaking their mind. No, shooting him would never be perfectly justified morally nor legally.

I don't think he is smart enough to realize, exactly what kind of door he is opening here.

Yeah, the racism of the democratic party.

Maybe that's why they want to tear down these statues. Trying to erase their history after all of this most likely.

Allow me to help you to the end of your sentiment....

If the "Democratic Party wishes to tear down these statues to erase their past representation".... then the Republican Party, which now represents the same enduring southern racial mood, wishes to preserve and celebrate it.

The common and persistent theme in our history is not the Parties. It's what both have taken turns to represent. In this case, it's the southern population and its racism for a glorious past. So..was this what MAGA was supposed to mean? Still figuring that one out. So far I got Make America Great Again by buying hats made in China.

Well, there's embracing, meaning acknowledgement and understanding, and then there is celebrating. Germans are quite aware of their past, but they do not celebrate all of it. For the "Sons of Confederate Veterans" (whatever the hell silliness that it is) to plan to add 32 flags to represent Texas regiments of the Confederate army, they are celebrating rebellion and the Antebellum culture. They are declaring that they fought the good fight to establish disunity and a separate nation, lost, but still deserve to be revered along side today's American Veterans.

And what makes their irrational mood even more ridiculous, is that they will go as far as to declare that a black U.S. President wants to invade Texas (2015), routinely invoke the Texas Nationalist Movement in order to threaten to secede (2016), while asking for a federal handout when natural disaster strikes (2017). I mean this is a major emotion-fueled basket case of a state. But instead of pondering or self-reflecting they will simply break into arbitrary song...

Wow, that's a funky bit of obscurity for you right there.

Too bad the derisive nature of the article is pretty one sided on its own and in the wake of Trumps rise to the Whitehouse, we've seen Chicago do some rather idiotic stuff just to spite him.

What can I say, the door of political stupidity swings both ways.

Allow me to help you to the end of your sentiment....

If the "Democratic Party wishes to tear down these statues to erase their past representation".... then the Republican Party, which now represents the same enduring southern racial mood, wishes to preserve and celebrate it.

The common and persistent theme in our history is not the Parties. It's what both have taken turns to represent. In this case, it's the southern population and its racism for a glorious past. So..was this what MAGA was supposed to mean? Still figuring that one out. So far I got Make America Great Again by buying hats made in China.

Actually, the fact that people want to tear down these statues under entirely imagined pretenses is pretty comical, if you ask me.

Actually, the fact that people want to tear down these statues under entirely imagined pretenses is pretty comical, if you ask me.

I don't care either way. It's a state issue and local society bound. But we are Americans and we must dramatize everything and tie them to personal and political ideologies in way that we become intimately attached...even if it is nine states away. And so people choose to either tear them down or celebrate them. The Political Parties throw these people a bone and feed their irrational emotions as a way to avoid actually addressing more important issues while pretending to "represent" the people who think their position is one of "liberty and freedom."

Then we display our "outrage" over a zero-sum game.

Last edited:
Because it's only OK for the Unthinking Left to protest against protestors...:roll:

I don't care either way. It's a state issue and local society bound. But we are Americans and we must dramatize everything and tie them to personal and political ideologies in way that we become intimately attached...even if it is nine states away. And so people choose to either tear them down or celebrate them. The Political Parties throw these people a bone and feed their irrational emotions as a way to avoid actually addressing more important issues while pretending to "represent" the people who think their position is one of "liberty and freedom."

Then we display our "outrage" over a zero-sum game.

It's a usual thing, but the people who repeatedly claim that those who stand to protect the statues as they are, as being racist, or some denigration associated with it. Is still rather comical.

It's a usual thing, but the people who repeatedly claim that those who stand to protect the statues as they are, as being racist, or some denigration associated with it. Is still rather comical.

I don't think the people who rush to defend the statues or the Confederate war flag actually think through what they are feeling. It's fairly easy to see why liberals and black people work themselves into caring about those symbols. But why do southern white people rush to protect and celebrate those symbols?

- It's certainly not about preserving history, because the absence of a statue does not erase the well-documented history.

- And arguing that it is about celebrating a culture implies the Antebellum culture of slavery and racial hierarchy.

So, they don't seem to rationalize through their defenses of the symbols.

Last edited:
I don't think the people who rush to defend the statues or the Confederate war flag actually think through what they are feeling. It's fairly easy to see why liberals and black people work themselves into caring about those symbols. But why do southern white people rush to protect and celebrate those symbols?

- It's certainly not about preserving history, because the absence of a statue does not erase the well-documented history.

- And arguing that it is about celebrating a culture implies the Antebellum culture of slavery and racial hierarchy.

So, they don't seem to rationalize through their defenses of the symbols.

No it does not, but when you see so many, so willing to spit on the name and memory of those that gave their lives. No matter how horrible the reason for that life being lost, many of them were just fighting to protect their homes and families and honestly had no real stake in the racial ambiguities of the war.

One should be able to understand how they can get so easily offended.
Even those that have showed up to such monuments in the recent years, have been fired from their jobs, or ejected from their school. Just for the act of honoring a fallen family member. So this overacting is getting pretty tiresome from all sides at this point.

Back
Top Bottom