• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man caught on video berating, cursing couple protesting Confederate monument in Orange Saturday

This loud mouth bigot was threatening a peaceful couple....In Florida they would have the right "to stand their ground" and shoot this loud mouth bigot

Be careful what you wish for. Remember that these rednecks have the vast majority of the guns in this country.

No it does not, but when you see so many, so willing to spit on the name and memory of those that gave their lives. No matter how horrible the reason for that life being lost, many of them were just fighting to protect their homes and families and honestly had no real stake in the racial ambiguities of the war. One should be able to understand how they can get so easily offended.

This is certainly a perspective. The vast majority of Confederates were not plantation owners. However, most of the people within the internal slave-trade business were not the actual plantation owners; and the understanding of racial hierarchy was a culture that transcended the plantation (North and South). The Civil War was about an ideology as much as it was about business.

Another perspective is that these men gave their lives to protect their homes after spitting on the United States of America in order to create their own nation. And that new nation was about preserving the South's way of life. For this, they should be revered as patriots? If they had been victorious, then they would have been patriots of that new nation. I mean, do the British celebrate the Fourth of July and call their former subjects in America patriots? These people annually celebrate Guy Fawkes for failing.

Even those that have showed up to such monuments in the recent years, have been fired from their jobs, or ejected from their school. Just for the act of honoring a fallen family member. So this overacting is getting pretty tiresome from all sides at this point.

Overacting sums it up.

I don't think they should be fired or ejected from a school, but I don't see how or why they are honoring a long-dead great-great-great (great?) grandfather who was a part of betraying the advancing country that they now live in. We may as well honor John Wilkes Booth, a Confederate sympathizer who strongly opposed the abolition of slavery in the United States. He too, gave his life for the glory of the South.

We didn't lose in Texas.
We beat the Yankees back all four times.

You know the civil war was a team sport, right? Lebron doesn't get to say 'I scored more points than anyone in my team' and then pretend the Lakers haven't lost half a dozen games as a team.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Redneck hillbillies gonna be redneck hillbilly'n

This loud mouth bigot was threatening a peaceful couple....In Florida they would have the right "to stand their ground" and shoot this loud mouth bigot

They would have went to prison, too.

Standing up for a 'heritage' of owning other people in chattel slavery, treason and losing?

Yeah, you run with that.

Would you support destroying statues of George Washington?

We need more people standing up for American Heritage like this... preserving what made America great.

I know. My petition to have the local parks department erect a Benedict Arnold statue keeps getting turned down. I've gotten plenty of nasty letters, and local businesses won't serve me . I actually have to go several towns over to get some coffee. Where's the love for our history?

In Florida you are well with in your rights to stand your ground...This man was threatening them...He is an angry bigot....Shooting him would be perfectly justified

This is the stupidest post I've encountered in quite some time on this thread.

I'm not saying it....just the law allows it in Florida...I would just kick his bigoted ass

SIAP. In order to use the stand your ground defense of violence, the person using the violence had to believe their life was in danger.

He did a good job. Good for him!

I agree he did a good job of only going half retard and not full retard and ending up in jail or the nuthouse, eventhough that seems where he probably belongs. Like i said i hope somebody he knows sees the vid and he gets the help he needs.

I agree he did a good job of only going half retard and not full retard and ending up in jail or the nuthouse, eventhough that seems where he probably belongs. Like i said i hope somebody he knows sees the vid and he gets the help he needs.

I'd buy him a beer.

I'd buy him a beer.

LOL i have no doubt you are cut from the same cloth, no shock there :shrug:
I wouldnt be protesting because i dont live there but if i was there id mock him and make him look like an even bigger loon just like the couple did :)

LOL i have no doubt you are cut from the same cloth, no shock there :shrug:
I wouldnt be protesting because i dont live there but if i was there id mock him and make him look like an even bigger loon just like the couple did :)

A red blooded Conservative American? You bet I am!

A red blooded Conservative American? You bet I am!

nope, i know plenty of them they laugh at this loon and mock him for his unhinged triggered meltdown too

I have no interest in the profanity and he said his peace and moved on. His concerns are not unfounded.

At least he did not kick them in the face.

We didn't lose in Texas.

There's no "we". The Confederacy no longer exists, not even in Texas.

But yes, he should have just had sense enough to move along.

SIAP. In order to use the stand your ground defense of violence, the person using the violence had to believe their life was in danger.

The jury might have an expanded idea of what constitutes a reasonable belief that one's life is in danger. In Florida hip hop music playing in a car can be considered a mortal threat.

Yeah, we should remember American loser traitors.

Funny, the man who actually fought and eventually beat the confederates considered them to be neither traitors nor losers:

What General Lee's feelings were I do not know. As he was a man of much dignity, with an impassible face, it was impossible to say whether he felt inwardly glad that the end had finally come, or felt sad over the result, and was too manly to show it. Whatever his feelings, they were entirely concealed from my observation; but my own feelings, which had been quite jubilant on the receipt of his letter, were sad and depressed. I felt like anything rather than rejoicing at the downfall of a foe who had fought so long and valiantly..." - Grant

The war is over — the rebels are our countrymen again."- Grant

(After stopping his men from cheering Lee's surrender at Appomattox Courthouse.)

Ulysses S. Grant Quotes

Funny, the man who actually fought and eventually beat the confederates considered them to be neither traitors nor losers:

Yes, but they raised an army and fought against America and they lost the war. So in actuality, they are loser traitors.

Yes, but they raised an army and fought against America and they lost the war. So in actuality, they are loser traitors.

The man who actually fought and beat them concluded otherwise, that is enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom