• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man caught on video berating, cursing couple protesting Confederate monument in Orange Saturday

There are some people that are clever enough to understand my posts... your posts clearly indicate that you do not.

The only thing to understand about your posts in this regard is your laughable historical illiteracy, ignorance and preening dishonesty.

You're pretty much a one-trick pony in that regard.

The only thing to understand about your posts in this regard is your laughable historical illiteracy, ignorance and preening dishonesty.

You're pretty much a one-trick pony in that regard.

I edited that post and this only affirms my statement... thank you.

I edited that post and this only affirms my statement... thank you.

I accept your concession that you wholeheartedly support monuments to treason and racism.

It's fun watching you trapped under a barrel of your own dishonesty but, ultimately, it's boring.

Try harder.

I accept your concession that you wholeheartedly support monuments to treason and racism.

It's fun watching you trapped under a barrel of your own dishonesty but, ultimately, it's boring.

Try harder.

I would ask you to show where I said that but you won't and if you did try it would only further affirm that your posts clearly indicate that you are not capable of understanding my posts... anyway... I wish I could say it has been fun.

I would ask you to show where I said that but you won't and if you did try it would only further affirm that your posts clearly indicate that you are not capable of understanding my posts... anyway... I wish I could say it has been fun.

LOL! Your rationalization of them as 'art' in order to justify them celebrating treason and racism is where. You're as transparent as ever.

I wish I could say you weren't laughably dishonest.

Not American history...
If you are interested in learning American history, forget relying upon statutes that tell no story. Read a freak'in history book!

If you are interested in learning American history, forget relying upon statutes that tell no story. Read a freak'in history book!

I majored in History at University... in America. California.

You know the civil war was a team sport, right? Lebron doesn't get to say 'I scored more points than anyone in my team' and then pretend the Lakers haven't lost half a dozen games as a team.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Except in basketball everyone goes home alive and there are rules.
There is no comparison to war and basketball.

but to your point, many times in war subordinates disobeyed orders and either got wiped out or won the day.

Sam Houston warned us in the very beginning the Confederacy would lose.
Some went and joined them anyway.
others stayed home and guarded the home front.
The units that stayed home and guarded the Texas home front were never defeated.

The Battle of Sabine Pass has gone down as one of the most lopsided victories in military history.

Don't Mess With Texas.

There's no "we". The Confederacy no longer exists, not even in Texas.

But yes, he should have just had sense enough to move along.

Ikari, you know the Confederacy no longer exists. I now the Confederacy no longer exists, but I can take you by the hand and lead to to many that will show you it is alive and well.
Every Tyler Gun Show they have a display and pass out flyers.
Damned silly if you ask me. I mean...what the hell is their point?
We won, so I have no ill will toward my defeated Yankee brethren.
They need to move on and forgedaboudit.

Yes, he should have just moved on, but down in that area of the state, they just MUST say something, no matter what.
They think it is their obligation.

This is certainly a perspective. The vast majority of Confederates were not plantation owners. However, most of the people within the internal slave-trade business were not the actual plantation owners; and the understanding of racial hierarchy was a culture that transcended the plantation (North and South). The Civil War was about an ideology as much as it was about business.

Another perspective is that these men gave their lives to protect their homes after spitting on the United States of America in order to create their own nation. And that new nation was about preserving the South's way of life. For this, they should be revered as patriots? If they had been victorious, then they would have been patriots of that new nation. I mean, do the British celebrate the Fourth of July and call their former subjects in America patriots? These people annually celebrate Guy Fawkes for failing.

Overacting sums it up.

I don't think they should be fired or ejected from a school, but I don't see how or why they are honoring a long-dead great-great-great (great?) grandfather who was a part of betraying the advancing country that they now live in. We may as well honor John Wilkes Booth, a Confederate sympathizer who strongly opposed the abolition of slavery in the United States. He too, gave his life for the glory of the South.

Booth is thought of fondly by some, yes. Though it is more of the aspect that he was so willing to sacrifice everything, in a bid to do what he thought was right. I may not like him, or the direction that he was trying to pull the US, but I can still respect that he was so willing to do so. That he went far beyond what many people are normally willing to do.

Many however, this still translates to honoring a memory and nothing more, while others hold it as tradition and while still loving the country that they are growing up in and even raising their children in today. Are willing to keep alive thought a shared ideal of unity with one another.

It does not matter that the war broke the country in half, or what ideology that both sides clashed at one another with. Not that one families ancestor was part of a racially adverse group, or just some poor soldier serving his place in an army that's line just so happen to fall on the side of the north, or south.

It's just that those that came before are gone and there are those that feel they deserved to be remembered and honored in some way. Much like we have monuments to figures on both sides of the war still standing today and even those who were still faceless in the war, are remembered in some way today.

Booth is thought of fondly by some, yes. Though it is more of the aspect that he was so willing to sacrifice everything, in a bid to do what he thought was right. I may not like him, or the direction that he was trying to pull the US, but I can still respect that he was so willing to do so. That he went far beyond what many people are normally willing to do.

Many however, this still translates to honoring a memory and nothing more, while others hold it as tradition and while still loving the country that they are growing up in and even raising their children in today. Are willing to keep alive thought a shared ideal of unity with one another.

It does not matter that the war broke the country in half, or what ideology that both sides clashed at one another with. Not that one families ancestor was part of a racially adverse group, or just some poor soldier serving his place in an army that's line just so happen to fall on the side of the north, or south.

It's just that those that came before are gone and there are those that feel they deserved to be remembered and honored in some way. Much like we have monuments to figures on both sides of the war still standing today and even those who were still faceless in the war, are remembered in some way today.

Yeah, but only the more crack pots I think. I mean, there are people who have fond thoughts for Oswald. Roughly a hundred families named children after Booth in the post-war years (Unsurprisingly, 90% heralded from the southern states).

But for the most part, the South doesn't see Booth as a hero at all. And that would be my point. I don't understand how southerners can reconcile their sense of honor towards Confederate soldiers, but not hold up Booth as the South's greatest son. And I don't understand how they can reconcile the contradiction of absurdly pushing today's GOP as the "Party of Lincoln" while honoring the Confederacy.

I just don't see much of a difference between American southerners honoring and celebrating the Confederacy, and Europeans if they chose to honor and celebrate Vichy or the Third Reich. Obviously these things are not comparable, but these things are brief moments within their nation's respective histories that are better left remembered, not celebrated or honored.

Last edited:
Yeah, but only the more crack pots I think. I mean, there are people who have fond thoughts for Oswald. Roughly a hundred families named children after Booth in the post-war years (Unsurprisingly, 90% heralded from the southern states).

But for the most part, the South doesn't see Booth as a hero at all. And that would be my point. I don't understand how southerners can reconcile their sense of honor towards Confederate soldiers, but not hold up Booth as the South's greatest son. And I don't understand how they can reconcile the contradiction of absurdly pushing today's GOP as the "Party of Lincoln" while honoring the Confederacy.

It's not holding Booth as a hero. Like I said, those that may hate what it was he stood for, could still find it honorable that he was so willing to chance as much for something that he felt was so necessary.

Except in basketball everyone goes home alive and there are rules.
There is no comparison to war and basketball.

but to your point, many times in war subordinates disobeyed orders and either got wiped out or won the day.

Sam Houston warned us in the very beginning the Confederacy would lose.
Some went and joined them anyway.
others stayed home and guarded the home front.
The units that stayed home and guarded the Texas home front were never defeated.

The Battle of Sabine Pass has gone down as one of the most lopsided victories in military history.

Don't Mess With Texas.

Texas?...People there proud of this loud mouth bigot?.....No wonder I just fly over that hell hole

Back
Top Bottom