• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lesbian couple turned away by Indiana tax preparer ... (1 Viewer)

Why? Because you essentially just said, the couple's rights are more important than the tax preparer's rights, why is that?
Why?

Because the law!

Do you really think a business can refuse to serve someone for any reason? Because the customer is black?

Why?

Because the law!

Do you really think a business can refuse to serve someone for any reason? Because the customer is black?

Nationally the only thing they can not refuse service for, are race, color, religion and origin,

Tell me where this fits in.

1.) nope thats the failed and retarded claim YOU tried LMAO
2.) yes im very proud of exposing your false claims you made up, it was hilarious
3.) has nothing to do with "me" it was you that made up that stupidity . . like i said thanks for playing :)
like i said, what i actually said stands, let me know when i can help you with any other mistakes you're welcome! please come again!

No, it doesn't, you literally are trying to make a law that applies to states and governments, apply to private citizens,

Law doesn't work like that...it's amazing how you think it does...

Takes a special kind of gumption there to publicly decry you have no idea how law works.

No, it doesn't and she doesn't have the right to refuse to do people's taxes because they are female

She didn't, she refused due to her OWN religion,

They are claiming it was because of gay marriage, let's stipulate, and say that it is, that's the case, she comes out and says, yes, I refused service due to my religious belief against gay marriage,

Nowhere is that illegal in Indiana.

1.)No, it doesn't
2.) you literally are trying to make a law that applies to states and governments, apply to private citizens,
2.)Law doesn't work like that...
3.) it's amazing how you think it does...
4.)Takes a special kind of gumption there to publicly decry you have no idea how law works.

1.) yes it does 100% further proven by you inability to prove otherwise much to my delight!
2.) nope that what YOU tried to do and failed
3.) i agree its amazing you tried to make up such a retarded lie
4.) LMAO translation: you still have nothing and what i actually said still stands!!!

:popcorn2:

Close, but not quite a cigar.

The clerk would have had to completely refuse to serve the customer rather asking another clerk to scan in the "objectionalble" items.

Right, that's "differeeeeeeeeeent!". :lamo

The constitution, Art IV, Sec 1

You mean this one?

"Full faith and credit shall be given in each state to the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state. And the Congress may by general laws prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved, and the effect thereof."

Where does it say anything about private business's?

Nope. Nationally under Federal laws Public accommodation laws only apply to "race, color, religion, or national origin". Sex isn't even included.

SEC. 201. (a) All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, and privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.
ICRC: Public Accommodation

Indiana public accommodations law protects against discrimination based on sex. The tax preparer didn't refuse service due to sexual orientation. She didn't refuse service based on marital status

She refused service because the customers were both female

ICRC: Public Accommodation

Indiana public accommodations law protects against discrimination based on sex. The tax preparer didn't refuse service due to sexual orientation. She didn't refuse service based on marital status

She refused service because the customers were both female

So....the customers were both female........and the one that used her 4 years straight.....what....get a sex change....she was male first?

Argument doesn't hold water there....

You can discriminate on the basis of marriage all you like under federal and Indiana law. California might be the only state where that might be a problem. Although, I suspect they wouldn't have a problem if it was discrimination against the married, as opposed to unmarried.
She didn't refuse service based on marriage. I'm sure she does taxes for married couples all the time.

She refused service because the couple were both female. Her refusal was clearly based upon the sex of the customers and discrimination based on sex is illegal in Indiana

Which does not prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation,

You argue that it was based on them being female, completely ignores the fact that one of them had used her 4 years straight....so clearly she doesn't discriminate against females.

They are claiming it was because of gay marriage, let's stipulate, and say that it is, that's the case, she comes out and says, yes, I refused service due to my religious belief against gay marriage,

First of all, marriages are not gay. The people getting married might be gay but the marriage itself is not.

Marriage is legally binding contract that comes with rights, benefits, and obligations recognized by the government. There is nothing gay about that.

SCOTUS has ruled, in defense of same sex marriage, that discrimination against same sex marriage is sex based discrimination as the only difference is the sex of the couple

WRT laws which protect religion, those laws protect religious PRACTICES. Preparing a tax return has never been considered a religious practice as far as I know

First of all, marriages are not gay. The people getting married might be gay but the marriage itself is not.

Marriage is legally binding contract that comes with rights, benefits, and obligations recognized by the government. There is nothing gay about that.

SCOTUS has ruled, in defense of same sex marriage, that discrimination against same sex marriage is sex based discrimination as the only difference is the sex of the couple

Please, cite that ruling.

You mean this one?

"Full faith and credit shall be given in each state to the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state. And the Congress may by general laws prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved, and the effect thereof."

Where does it say anything about private business's?
The 2nd sentence

So....the customers were both female........and the one that used her 4 years straight.....what....get a sex change....she was male first?

Argument doesn't hold water there....
Sex changes have nothing to do with this. Please throw that straw man argument in the trash where it belongs

Sex changes have nothing to do with this. Please throw that straw man argument in the trash where it belongs

Seriously, you focused on the sex change comment, and not the fact that she was servicing females, for years before this? Seriously?

Which does not prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation,

You argue that it was based on them being female, completely ignores the fact that one of them had used her 4 years straight....so clearly she doesn't discriminate against females.
She does taxes for homosexuals. She did that homosexuals taxes for several years prior so it's obvious that the discrimination is NOT based on sexual orientation.

The discrimination was based on the fact that both clients were female. IOW, based on sex which is illegal in Indiana

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom