• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Laptop connected to Hunter Biden linked to FBI money laundering probe

Opening an investigatin does not require "probable cause"

Probable cause r is required when an investigation affects constitutional rights, such as when the FBI searches your home or taps your telephone line. Some Trump campaign officials were under investigation without the use of any FISA. The iregularities they found were with the FISA applications for Page and from what I recall thse irregularities took place in 2017 (so after the election). I do not recall FISA applications for peope like Manafort, Flynn and Papadopoulos.

The IG report which did cited the problems with the FISA applications, also concluded that the FBI was justified to open an investigation on some members of the Trump campaign.
Shouldn't there be probable cause before a crime is investigated, or even a crime? No, there was no justification for the FBI or anyone else to open an investigation.

And that's all you've got.
My advice is "pick another hobby", maybe one that doesn't involve internet access because you seem to be having difficulty mastering the use of the internet.
Yeah, that's all Ive got. You haven't even read the links and expect me to go through them looking for some Allies who've gone south. That actually did make me laugh.

I assume you saidd the above. Your post messed up the quotes...

My comment was not about Hunter. It was about the remark regarding the supposedly lack of justification regarding thee opening of the FBI investigation of certain members of the Trump Campaign. Your cIain contrdicts the IG report and the numerous red flags at the time. In any case, there is no probable cause to investigate Joe Biden yet because as a VP he openly promoted the official US policy which was set by Obama and which as aligned with the objectives of many other international institutions and western countries.. On the other hand, there is certainly probable cause to investigate Trump for his attempt to use the power of his office to extort the Ukrainian president for partisan gains in shady deals Trump tried to hide from even the departments of his administration.
You haven't been following the Hunter Biden/ Big Guy thing so we really can't debate this. In fact if there was corruption with Joe Biden and family in the Ukraine, and there was, then it was the President's responsibility to have any criminal activity investigated.

Shouldn't there be probable cause before a crime is investigated, or even a crime? No, there was no justification for the FBI or anyone else to open an investigation.

Nope!

You can have an investigation without probable cause as long as that investigation does not violate constitutional rights. Counterintelligence investigations are often proactive.

You haven't been following the Hunter Biden/ Big Guy thing so we really can't debate this. In fact there was corruption with Joe Biden and family in the Ukraine then it was the President's responsibility to have any criminal activity investigated.

The "Big Guy" claim comes from a person who talks about emails from 2017 when Joe Biden was a private citizen!

Turkey, huh? If you read the caption you'll see that Erdogan has had his problems with France, not the US. Do you feel Turkey has more important Allies than America does?

It is hilariously obvious that you didn't read the article.

Dismissed.

Nope!

You can have an investigation without probable cause as long as that investigation does not violate constitutional rights. Counterintelligence investigations are often proactive.
And without evidence of a crime ever having been committed? That leaves a very wide open door and the absolute possibility of abuse, as there was in the Russia Hoax.

And without evidence of a crime ever having been committed? That leaves a very wide open door and the absolute possibility of abuse, as there was in the Russia Hoax.

Yes!

That is why you have background checks before getting a security clearance.
If there is abuse by the investigators, then this can be reveled by the IG audits. The IG did NOT conclude that the FBI abused its power by making a decision to open an investigation. Barr then tried to appease Trump by starting a new investigation of how top top members of the Obama administration handled the investigation in 2016, and again, nothing was found.

Last edited:
It was originally peddled to the WSJ. They wouldn't touch the stinking pile of Giuliani/Bannon poop.

It is hilariously obvious that you didn't read the article.

Dismissed.
LOL!! In fact I did read the article in which it says this:
"The dispute over the S-400s, which NATO says pose a threat to the military alliance and particularly endanger the technical secrets of the F-35, is among a number of recent disputes between Turkey and some of its NATO allies".

Erdogan is a religious nut job and you're concerned about losing him as an ally? In fact it is Erdogan who is being left behind. Read your own links, FGS.

Last edited:
Yes!

That is why you have background checks before getting a security clearance.
If there is abuse by the investigators, then this can be reveled by the IG audits. The IG did NOT conclude that the FBI abused its power by making a decision to open an investigation. Barr then tried to appease Trump by starting a new investigation of how top top members of the Obama administration handled the investigation in 2016, and again, nothing was found.
So the people on Trump's campaign didn't have security clearance? Are you quite sure?

Are you aware of the firings and early retirements which took place in the FBI? Do you know the name Kevin Clinesmith?

It was originally peddled to the WSJ. They wouldn't touch the stinking pile of Giuliani/Bannon poop.

That's false, and you're clearly not a subscriber to the WSJ. https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-biden-family-legacy-11603409528?mod=opinion_lead_pos8&mod=djemMER_h

Erdogan is a religious nut job and you're concerned about losing him as an ally?

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

you show zero understanding of the strategic alliance Turkey has always afforded us.

so sad

She is the author of "The Intimidation Game: How the Left Is Silencing Free Speech," which chronicles recent attacks on conservative nonprofits, businesses and donors.
Yeah, WSJ wasn't buying news, but they're happy to publish opinion pieces.
Do you understand the difference between news and Op-Ed?
Apparently not.

Let me know when WSJ or any other major organ runs this laptop story as a headline.

She is the author of "The Intimidation Game: How the Left Is Silencing Free Speech," which chronicles recent attacks on conservative nonprofits, businesses and donors.
Yeah, WSJ wasn't buying news, but they're happy to publish opinion pieces.
Do you understand the difference between news and Op-Ed?
Apparently not.

Let me know when WSJ or any other major organ runs this laptop story as a headline.
In fact I'm a subscriber to the WSJ and they are far and away the most trusted media anywhere. And of course all material is vetted whether news or opinion. Are you making the claim Kimberley Strassel is being dishonest?

Here's another you may have missed on the MSM.

By the way...

1. Bill Barr's daughter Mary Daly works at the Dept of the Treasury where she protects Trump's tax returns and information about his loans at Deutsche Bank.
2. Rudy Giuliani's son Andy Giuliani gets $90 thousand to be the White House Sports Liason,. By the way, he admits to having zero experience in sports.
3. Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner have managed to extract $358 million dollars thanks to nepotism in the Trump White House.

It's never been about Hunter Biden.

Jared and Ivanka nepotism.jpeg

By the way...

1. Bill Barr's daughter Mary Daly works at the Dept of the Treasury where she protects Trump's tax returns and information about his loans at Deutsche Bank.
2. Rudy Giuliani's son Andy Giuliani gets $90 thousand to be the White House Sports Liason,. By the way, he admits to having zero experience in sports.
3. Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner have managed to extract $358 million dollars thanks to nepotism in the Trump White House.

It's never been about Hunter Biden.

View attachment 67301490
Do you have any genuine evidence of 1, 2, or 3?

Do you have any genuine evidence of 1, 2, or 3?

(NOTE: That is for ONE year)

(NOTE: That is for ONE year)
You seem to be advertising for these people, pointing out all their successes and accomplishing them all legally. Was that your intention?

You haven't been following the Hunter Biden/ Big Guy thing so we really can't debate this. In fact if there was corruption with Joe Biden and family in the Ukraine, and there was, then it was the President's responsibility to have any criminal activity investigated.

Traditionally, the President and the justice department do not coordinate, the president doesn't order the justice department to investigate anyone, ever.
It just isn't done. But it is done in dictatorships and banana republics.

Moreover, I haven't seen any evidence of wrongdoing. I have heard and read a lot of NOISE however.

Many on this forum have a confusion as to what constitutes 'evidence'. But, alas, there is no evidence that rises to the level of actual evidence, evidence that would hold up in court as inculpatory.

Traditionally, the President and the justice department do not coordinate, the president doesn't order the justice department to investigate anyone, ever.
It just isn't done. But it is done in dictatorships and banana republics.

Moreover, I haven't seen any evidence of wrongdoing. I have heard and read a lot of NOISE however.

Many on this forum have a confusion as to what constitutes 'evidence'. But, alas, there is no evidence that rises to the level of actual evidence, evidence that would hold up in court as inculpatory.
Yes, it will have to go to a court, a Grand Jury perhaps, to see all the evidence which can be made public. Some, as with the possibility of photos of a young girl, cannot.
Here's someone who has seen the Hunter computer.

And all 50 are completely wrong. This isnt debateable. It is factually NOT russian disinformation.

Nope, the FBI have not come out and said that. Tought shit, you Trump supporters got duped. You prove me right about Trump every day you post. Your beta boy comments are DISMISSED.

Back
Top Bottom