• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Laptop connected to Hunter Biden linked to FBI money laundering probe

Yes, it will have to go to a court, a Grand Jury perhaps, to see all the evidence which can be made public. Some, as with the possibility of photos of a young girl, cannot.
Here's someone who has seen the Hunter computer.

Fake news

In fact I'm a subscriber to the WSJ and they are far and away the most trusted media anywhere. And of course all material is vetted whether news or opinion. Are you making the claim Kimberley Strassel is being dishonest?

Here's another you may have missed on the MSM.

It's an opinion, we're talking about news. Let me know when ANY major media outlet, WSJ or otherwise, runs it as a news story, because anyone can have an opinion, and I couldn't give a rat's ass. If it's news, then run the story.
The reason no one including WSJ will run it is because it's BS.

It's an opinion, we're talking about news. Let me know when ANY major media outlet, WSJ or otherwise, runs it as a news story, because anyone can have an opinion, and I couldn't give a rat's ass. If it's news, then run the story.
The reason no one including WSJ will run it is because it's BS.
There was BS in the links? Where was it?

So the people on Trump's campaign didn't have security clearance? Are you quite sure?

Are you aware of the firings and early retirements which took place in the FBI? Do you know the name Kevin Clinesmith?

I gave an example to show to you that that there is no requirement to have "probable cause" for opening an investigation
And speaking about the Trump campaign officials. since they were not in the government, they did not have a security clearance.

Firings are not equal with charges. Partisan AGs and presidents who think that the AGs should be their personal lawyers can fire decent professionals to get full control of the DOJ.

There was BS in the links? Where was it?

You let me know when you want to be serious.
Keep it up and I'll just put you on Ignore, because you know I was saying that the entire Hunter Biden laptop scandal is BS.

Keep talking like a nine year old in Detention Class and I'll just dismiss you.
I am not here to play childish games with low information thread spammers.

I gave an example to show to you that that there is no requirement to have "probable cause" for opening an investigation
And speaking about the Trump campaign officials. since they were not in the government, they did not have a security clearance.

Firings are not equal with charges. Partisan AGs and presidents who think that the AGs should be their personal lawyers can fire decent professionals to get full control of the DOJ.
Your example was of no use.

Did you know that Carter Page worked for the CIA?
General Flynn served as head of the DIA without security clearance? I don't think so.

As well there are many former government employees who still, wrongly I believe, have security clearance even with several of them having lied to Congress.

You let me know when you want to be serious.
Keep it up and I'll just put you on Ignore, because you know I was saying that the entire Hunter Biden laptop scandal is BS.

Keep talking like a nine year old in Detention Class and I'll just dismiss you.
I am not here to play childish games with low information thread spammers.
I know what you were saying and it's clear you know nothing of what's on that computer.
Is putting me on ignore a threat???? Go ahead. I wouldn't even notice.

Your example was of no use.

Did you know that Carter Page worked for the CIA?
General Flynn served as head of the DIA without security clearance? I don't think so.

As well there are many former government employees who still, wrongly I believe, have security clearance even with several of them having lied to Congress.

You simplify things because a mole can work for the CIA but this does not imply that he has a security clearance. And even career officers have restrictions regarding the information they can access based on their ranking and position.
Served in the past does not give somebody a right to have a security clearance for ever.
Also, where did Manafort and Papadopoulos work?

Finally, you miss the point that I did not make an argument that the FBI could investigate the Trump campaign officials because they did not have security clearance ( by the way, such argument would have made Trump and Kushner eligible for investigation). I just gave you an example to show you that one can start an investigation even without probable cause!

Last edited:
Republican Inquiry Finds No Evidence of Wrongdoing by Biden

WASHINGTON — An election-year investigation by Senate Republicans into corruption allegations against Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son, Hunter, involving Ukraine found no evidence of improper influence or wrongdoing by the former vice president, closing out an inquiry its leaders had hoped would tarnish the Democratic presidential nominee.

PDF Link from NYT

---But suddenly drunken Rudy, a man who can't even extricate himself from a prank on film without looking like a perverted idiot, has supposedly dug up a bombshell, and the real scandal is that no one will take him seriously?

ROFL.gif

Yes, it will have to go to a court, a Grand Jury perhaps, to see all the evidence which can be made public. Some, as with the possibility of photos of a young girl, cannot.
Here's someone who has seen the Hunter computer.

Yes, WSJ and FOX looked at the same, and found NOTHING about Joe biden that was exculpatory.

This 'commissioner' is talking about emails that prove nothing. he ought to know he has no business talking about a hard drive
that has not undergone forensic analysis, and his testimony could easily prejudice a jury, or grand jury.

Also the provenance of this laptop, noting that Giuliani received if from a BLIND MAN who cannot know who dropped it off, noting
that Giuliani was the unwitting useful idiot in a russian disinformation plot, throws the entire thing into question.

To sit here, like jackals on a feeding frenzy, without the benefit of FBI analysis, forensic scrutiny, and a report therefrom, being mindful of the questionable provenance, is irresponsible.

But, alas, there's only 8 days until the election, and viola, bingo, there it is, that's what is going on here. Spread lies and influence the vote before the dust settles. Uh huh.

Apparently , the right forgot about all the turds Trump left dotting the landscape, and the stink is suffocating. There are two in this tango and we got plenty of dough, twice as much as Trump, to tango with.

Yeah, we got a shit load of stuff on Trump, an almost 500 page Mueller Report ( 10 cases of obstruction ) and 900 SJD bipartisan report, plus blatant, in your face crimes committed on TV.
noting that Trump is being investigated for financial crimes in SDNY, as we speak. WE got his tax returns, documents of his finances ( from Mary Trump ) going back years.

But, apparently the only criminality republicans ( those who have been trying to make hay out of it) are interested in is Trump's political opponent, noting that not one stitch of verifiable evidence has yet to be produced, noting that Biden has made his tax returns public, going back 22 years, and Trump is still hiding behind 'an audit' noting that the IRS commissioner stated that an audit doesnt disallow someone from publishing his tax returns, so like the lying liar Trump is, he isn't telling the truth. What's he hiding? Hmmmm?

What does that make republicans harping on Biden, but not Trump, on this forum, and in the media?

Well, this and the Barret appointment, it makes them colossal hypocrites. Republicans have lost all credibility, their word is less than scrotum sweat from here on out.

Last edited:
There was no"probable cause" and the 'investigation' revealed lies and omissions to the FISA Court..

It was a hoax, a fraud, a deception and a political ploy designed to defraud the American people and the undermine the US Presidential election. Every informed person knows that.

Want some cheese with that whine?

Then the president went ahead and did exactly the same thing, in plain sight, for which even his republican enablers admitted before they acquitted him. We all know what he's made of and if he gets investigated, he brings it on himself.

As for the Bidens if there was anything to investigate, they'd have done it by now.

It was both. Warrants obtained through the foreign intelligence surveillance act. "Surveillance" equates to spying.

Then the president went and did exactly the same thing, in plain sight, for which even his republican enablers admitted before they acquitted him. We all know what he's made of and if he gets investigated, he brings it on himself.

My OWN link?
I posted a Google Search with potentially 112 thousand links.
You posted the Foreign Policy Magazine link, not I.

Do you even understand how a Google Search even works?
It seems that you don't because the FP opinion piece link was merely the top result.
Everything UNDER that link is also a result.

EVERYTHING.

It goes on for two more pages and then, if you request omitted results, three more after that.

Right wingers never do research. They just parrot whatever the political operatives slip into their social media feeds. They don’t know what it is. They don’t understand how government works, so they have no real way of evaluating what they are being fed. And they never question anything that pushes their buttons.

Which is why they keep falling for right wing frauds.

You need an extender! It’s getting to be a pretty far reach for those Trumpster rationalizations.

Its the English language. Surveillance under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act is spying by definition.

Then the president went and did exactly the same thing, in plain sight, for which even his republican enablers admitted before they acquitted him. We all know what he's made of and if he gets investigated, he brings it on himself.

Nope. It was the Steele Dossier, Russian disinformation that brought it on.

Its the English language. Surveillance under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act is spying by definition.

From the first one-

Trump Has Alienated Allies—but Has Them Acting in America's Interest.

Angela is upset about Trumps insistence that Germany abide by the NATO agreement requirements on military expenditures, but her doing so is in the US interests.

NATO had already signed an agreement to increase spending long before Trump was even President.

• The president wrongly claimed that other NATO member countries’ spending on defense was “heading down” three years ago. That spending went up in 2015 and 2016. And he claimed countries that spent a low percentage of their GDP on defense were “delinquent.” They don’t owe NATO, or other countries, any money. Germany had already agreed to drastically increase their share of NATO expenditures to MORE than what Trump demanded by 2024.
By the way, last year, our European allies spent $302 billion on defense, more than four times the entire Russian defense budget.
For our part, only a small fraction – perhaps 10 percent—of U.S. combat forces and defense spending are located in or aligned towards Europe.
In Angela Merkel's very first stateside meeting with Trump, his first words to her were "Angela, you owe me one trillion dollars."

Since Donald Trump took office, our NATO allies have collectively raised their defense budgets by some seventy billion dollars.
As for Germany, the country has since 2014 raised its defense spending by 36 percent to $49.3 billion — the largest defense budget increase among the world's top 15 states. At 2 percent, Germany alone would outspend Russia on defense.

Just four days after Trump's infamous reality TV scripted public callout of Angela Merkel at the November 2018 NATO summit in Brussels, Trump ended his whirlwind tour of chaos in Helsinki. There, standing next to Vladimir Putin, Trump's tone about Russian foreign policy sounded almost maudlin and obsequious in its sympathy, he was barely able to contain his contempt for his NATO partners, and he publicly expressed skepticism about his own intelligence services while fondly extolling the virtue of Russia's.

Actually, the original NATO agreement required it.

Understood, but the thing I was getting at is the fact that Trump is practicing his usual reality TV script nonsense, which accomplishes nothing and only alienates our allies while he embraces dictators and plays Tea & Sympathy with Putin.
Sorry but in my humble opinion, this is not how you treat allies and it's not how your treat NATO.
And when you combine that with his overly fatuous deference to Putin, it stinks to high heaven.

Understood, but the thing I was getting at is the fact that Trump is practicing his usual reality TV script nonsense, which accomplishes nothing and only alienates our allies while he embraces dictators and plays Tea & Sympathy with Putin.
Sorry but in my humble opinion, this is not how you treat allies and it's not how your treat NATO.
And when you combine that with his overly fatuous deference to Putin, it stinks to high heaven.

What nonsense. While Merkel advocates for pipelines from Russia to Germany, Trump opposes them.

What nonsense. While Merkel advocates for pipelines from Russia to Germany, Trump opposes them.

Advocates for?
Did you happen to miss what Russia was doing to various EU countries a couple of years ago?
What would you suggest as an alternative, especially when Gazprom SHUTS OFF delivery and freezes thousands of people in the dead of winter?
Also, you are aware that Germany also just completed a natgas terminal that accepts deliveries from the US, yes?

Your response sounds particularly isolationist, but more importantly it sounds like what would be expected from someone who has little knowledge about the facts of life in EU, and one of those facts happens to that everyone has to play ball with that giant gas station masquerading as a country.
But notice how no one in EU sucks up to that gas station nearly as much as our own president.

What happened to the laptop revelation? Judging from the on-line forums and the AM radio talk show hosts, this was absolutely the smoking gun that would sink Mr. Joseph Biden's campaign like the Maine at Cuba. I'm having trouble finding information on it in todays news, regardless of the source. Don't tell me the Republicans had put together another 'Swiftboat' attack. Say it ain't so, please.

Back
Top Bottom