• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Key Obamacare provision delayed

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Key Obamacare provision delayed – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Washington (CNN) - The requirement that businesses provide their workers with health insurance or face fines – a key provision contained in President Barack Obama's sweeping health care law – will be delayed by one year, the Treasury Department said Tuesday.
The postponement came after business owners expressed concerns about the complexity of the law’s reporting requirements, the agency said in its announcement. Under the Affordable Care Act, businesses employing 50 or more full-time workers that don't provide them health insurance will be penalized.

Such BS.

Translation: Ain't no way in hell we want to run against this in 2014, so let's put it off.

Uninformed voters were about to get hit in the face with big premium jumps, and still will a year later. Dems want to sneak in another election before the crap hits the fan.

It's going to cost a lot of jobs. We've already done it in my office, and are going to do it again once this goes into effect. Just the basic economic reality of it.

Key Obamacare provision delayed – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Such BS.

Translation: Ain't no way in hell we want to run against this in 2014, so let's put it off.

Uninformed voters were about to get hit in the face with big premium jumps, and still will a year later. Dems want to sneak in another election before the crap hits the fan.

It's going to cost a lot of jobs. We've already done it in my office, and are going to do it again once this goes into effect. Just the basic economic reality of it.

The problem is that the mandate for individuals still goes into effect 1/1/2014, and without businesses being required to participate, all uninsured individuals will then have to purchase Obamacare for thmselves regardless of what their employer might have chosen to do. IMV, this could be a worse situation politically. I'm guessing that the individual mandate will be delayed as well in the next 30 to 60 days...

George W. Bush: Decline of 646,000 jobs over 8 years
Barack Obama: Increase of 460,000 jobs over 6 years

Obviously he knows something you don't.

I you do not like the provisions of a bill, that your party alone passed through congress and that your party's president signed into law then just ignore/postpone the "bad" parts and take credit for the rest. The letter of the law is no longer important, merely an option to be selectively applied for political expediency. It's under the Obama clause of the constitution - look it up. :roll:

Obviously he knows something you don't.
Numbers are off. Bush saw a net gain of 1.1 million positions in eight years while Obama has seen a gain of roughly 2 million in 4 1/2 years.

Numbers are off. Bush saw a net gain of 1.1 million positions in eight years while Obama has seen a gain of roughly 2 million in 4 1/2 years.

Those numbers do not include government jobs. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

The problem is that the mandate for individuals still goes into effect 1/1/2014, and without businesses being required to participate, all uninsured individuals will then have to purchase Obamacare for thmselves regardless of what their employer might have chosen to do. IMV, this could be a worse situation politically. I'm guessing that the individual mandate will be delayed as well in the next 30 to 60 days...

That was the a plan.

That was the a plan.

I agree, but I can only see this decision hurting the Dems politically in the midterms unless there is a subsequent delay of the individual mandate as well...

Obama gives business a break and the Obamaphobes who think he's a Marxist, squawk.

Make up which discredited rightwing meme you're going to use, people.

Obama gives business a break and the Obamaphobes who think he's a Marxist, squawk.

Make up which discredited rightwing meme you're going to use, people.

What break? You think Obama did this for private businesses? He did this for himself. He doesn't give a rat's ass about the American people.

What break? You think Obama did this for private businesses? He did this for himself. He doesn't give a rat's ass about the American people.

So he didn't delay implementation of Obamacare at the behest of business? Make up your meme!

Let me fill in for HoJ, he wanted to tell you that he's sorely disappointed in that lying sack of ****, empty suit, knownothing, arrogant ****stain, Obama, because he's not implementing the Obamacare plan as promised.

:mrgreen:

Let me fill in for HoJ, he wanted to tell you that he's sorely disappointed in that lying sack of ****, empty suit, knownothing, arrogant ****stain, Obama, because he's not implementing the Obamacare plan as promised.

:mrgreen:

You forgot to use his latest word of the day, Meme..... I'm sure he will be disappointed in your interpretation.

:wink:

I like the line of reasoning that if Obama can simply move the tax back one year on a whim, why don't the Republicans ask that it be moved back two years? That way you close the gap between implementation and outright repeal.

This is a convenient attitude. Even when Obama does something you agree with, you can just assign him negative motivations. That way, no matter what he does it's more "evidence" to fulfill your confirmation bias.

Back
Top Bottom