• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kenya rules gay anal tests legal.

You seem to be the one obsessed with Islam for bringing it to an absolutely impertinent topic.

No more obsessed than you are for trying to pin this on Christianity.

You were not defending, you were attacking.
Come on now.
Man up.

Re-read the post I said not one fact about Islam changes because some other country discriminates against gays. How is that an attack? It is simply stating a fact, or is there something in this story that changes something about Islam? You tell me.

Mass targeting all Christians and wrong.

He didn't attack all Christians, he said missionaries, and he's not the first to come up with that theory.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/23/africa-homophobia-uganda-anti-gay-law

"Prior to western colonisation, there are no records of any African laws against homosexuality," said Peter Tatchell, the veteran human rights and gay rights campaigner. "The real import into Africa was not homosexuality but homophobia."

It was enforced legally by colonial administrators and ideologically by Christian missionaries. Tatchell, who twice tried to arrest Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe over human rights abuses, added: "The colonial narratives of racism and homophobia are very closely intertwined. It's one of the great tragedies of Africa that so many people have internalised the homophobia of that colonial oppression and now proclaim it as their own authentic African tradition."

are gays in Kenya required to use the missionary position? its funny-some countries don't seem to think much of "rights" that we have in this country. Just like many in this country will get upset with Kenya's blatant disregard of what most of us see as a fundamental right of privacy, yet are ok with intrusions on other rights.

"How come some people are ok with giving me a background check when I buy a machine gun but aren't ok with police anal probing citizens!???"

"How come some people are ok with giving me a background check when I buy a machine gun but aren't ok with police anal probing citizens!???"

machine guns should be treated like other firearms and gays shouldn't need anal probes-at least ones that they don't want

Considering the influence of far right wing evangelicals who have been quite busy in Africa, these laws may not have been passed.

Well, sorry. I don't have the requisite dislike for right wingers or evangelicals to fully agree with your statement. Here I thought you were disagreeing with the post you quoted. Totally misread that.

Yeah, so stupid. If the justification is Christianity based, I'd sure like to see what Biblical verses support it.

Well, God clearly stated that in the Bible that "Thou shall perform anal examinations for any individual suspected of the crime of homosexuality."

You don't remember that verse? Me neither.

Last edited:
So you feel comfortable condemning all evangelicals. Well, that's much better. :roll:

Nope -just the one leading the move to imprison and at one point have gays executed.

Nope -just the one leading the move to imprison and at one point have gays executed.

That does not actually square with your comment. At least be real about what you actually said.

That does not actually square with your comment. At least be real about what you actually said.

My post was poorly phrased. I think that I have clarified it.

Because state-ordered rape is the best way to prove your country's not gay.

Bull****.

Agreed. I know several missionaries in Africa now and in the past --- they would never support or encourage anything like this.

You seem to be the one obsessed with Islam for bringing it to an absolutely impertinent topic.

Are you similarly annoyed when folks bring Christianity into a thread having to do with Islam? For as much as folks complain about "Islamaphobia", Islam has quite the army of immediate defenders I don't see any other religion get.

My post was poorly phrased. I think that I have clarified it.

Your comment was "Evangelicals - yes, Christians - no". That wasn't saying it's wrong to condemn Christians but not evangelicals? I don't see any other way to read that.

Your comment was "Evangelicals - yes, Christians - no". That wasn't saying it's wrong to condemn Christians but not evangelicals? I don't see any other way to read that.
Again poorly phrased and you are right.
I have also clarified it.

Actually, that's perfectly fine. I think more than a few will insist we're all to blame. This often comes from the same people who immediately defend all things Islam.

actually our point in the wake of attacks like orlando is it's ridiculous to see christians for instance acting like only islam inspires gay bashing, so we gotta purge all muslims etc. Get off the high horse, and all that

Well, God clearly stated that in the Bible that "Thou shall perform anal examinations for any individual suspected of the crime of homosexuality."

You don't remember that verse? Me neither.

was that next to the one about swabbing the tongues of suspected Lesbians?

are gays in Kenya required to use the missionary position? its funny-some countries don't seem to think much of "rights" that we have in this country. Just like many in this country will get upset with Kenya's blatant disregard of what most of us see as a fundamental right of privacy, yet are ok with intrusions on other rights.
LOL! Problem is here in this Nation we have people that scream about personal rights, that is until it is something that they themselves are against and then they are more than willing and eager to destroy those rights. Hypocrites everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom