• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge asks if Flynn's conduct is "treasonous activity"

So you have been away from all news sources for the last two year. Got it.

To substantiate my charge that Trump is a Russian asset, I am quoting NBC Security and Terrorism expert Malcolm Nance who has said so many many many times.

I would also strongly urge you to read the following three books which all show that Trump is a Russian asset.

RUSSIAN ROULETTE by Isikoff & Corn

THE APPRENTICE by Greg Miller

HOUSE OF TRUMP HOUSE OF PUTIN by Craig Unger

Read them and find out for yourself.

Yeah, we knew you couldn't back up all that big talk.

Yeah, we knew you couldn't back up all that big talk.

Are you blind or simply cannot read or is it a comprehension problem?

Mercer. Trump, Bannon, Brexit, Putin, Mercer joins them all. Flynn is a mere functionary, who sold out his country, then lied to the FBI, and lied again.

What is this "sold out his country" BS ??

Sure, that's why he apologized for suggesting it ...

The judge apologized because he didn't realize that Flynn had not secretly continued with acting as an agent for a foreign nation when he took office as National Security Advisor to the President. Otherwise he might have considered it. And he repeated his earlier statement that he isn't going to make any promises to him on what kind of sentence he would hand down. But it seems pretty clear that had they proceeded to sentencing today he was going to send him to prison.

No, you posted four book titles. That don't prove jack****. :lamo

I posted ONE interview with a security expert who cited Trump as a Russian asset just as I said. You pretended it was not there.

I also posted three books which go in depth on the Trump Russian relationship and all three paint the picture of Trump as a Russian asset.

When you read the books, did you not find that evidence?

I posted ONE interview with a security expert who cited Trump as a Russian asset just as I said. You pretended it was not there.

I also posted three books which go in depth on the Trump Russian relationship and all three paint the picture of Trump as a Russian asset.

When you read the books, did you not find that evidence?

Still nothing, eh?

Apparently anything more than a line or two is a serious impediment.

No wonder he likes Trump so much. They have much in common with one another.

Sullivan has dementia because... a judge with a rep as a hothead got mad at a defendant? And walked it back after recess?

Are you for reals?
You are quite aware that I pointed out that the judge was more than a hot-head, that he was a raging lunatic who was ready to sentence Flynn based in large part of the judges own botched understanding of what the client fundamentally did. How, after months on the case and having himself asked for background material, a federal judge was ready to sentence anyone to prison in a fit of ignorant rage "is for reals".

Frankly, the severity of this blunder and descent into the laughable accusation of treason of a defendant cannot be dismissed by an apology; clearly the man has some severe attention deficit and cognitive processing issues - most likely due to being in the very early stages of age related dementia. Isn't any doubt he should recuse himself.

Because Flynn's attorneys are as dumb as a bag of hammers and/or playing politics with their previous filing.

In their request for a light sentence, their argument made it sound like Flynn didn't actually want to plead guilty, and that there were flaws with FBI's handling of the case. (In case you missed it, that's the same interpretation that got the Trumpets whipped into a conspiratorial froth this week.) So, Sullivan today asked Flynn if he meant it when he plead guilty (he did), if he knew at the time that lying to the FBI was a crime (he did), if Flynn was contesting the conditions of the interview (he wasn't) and if the attorneys were claiming that Flynn was the victim of entrapment (they said "no")...

Unless the judge was living in a card-board box under a bridge, this answer should have left him suspicious, not puzzled. The judge should be well aware of press reports on why Flynn, willing to fiercely fight this at first, became a broken man who had to protect his son and take a second mortgage on his house to pay an endless wall of legal fees - so he agreed to a plea deal whether or not in his heart he felt he was entrapped or even innocent.

Flynn is stuck in a plea deal because he has no choice AND is fully aware he still cannot afford to change his plea nor risk his son. All he can do is ask the judge to consider mitigating circumstances, something that was (presumably) allowed under the plea deal.

If the judge is looking for "full responsibility" meaning that he must pretend that a degree of legal entrapment and intimidation did not occur, then the judge is a empathetic blockhead.

lol, no. Sullivan made the offer to delay before he blew up at Flynn, and before taking a break and calming down. From Portnoy's Twitter:...

Well then, Sullivan's purpose remains obscure. Why, after foolishly inventing lurid reasons to harshly sentence Sullivan would he offer a delay "for more cooperation"? Mueller's team is the one who had decided that his cooperation was no longer needed, and that sentencing could proceed. How would a judge, who can't remember what and when Flynn did something "arguably treasonous" when its not treason, have the slightest clue as to what Mueller needs from his own witness?

Obviously Flynn ought to move for another judge - Sullivan has demonstrated his lack of preparation, unsuitability, and irrational animosity in handling this case. And if he thinks Flynn's lawyers are dumb as a bag of hammers, and he doesn't get that Flynn is already broke, prostate and willing to dance to the prosecutions tune (and has already done so), then the judge is a part of the same hammer bag.

Last edited:
Still nothing, eh?

Your post makes no sense and is not rational since the post I made gave you FOUR different sources to support my claim that Trump is a Russian asset.

But when you stick you head in the sand like an ostrich and refuse to look at the evidence - no wonder you make no sense.

What is this "sold out his country" BS ??
You missed the news today?
The judge at Flynn's sentencing hearing:
“Arguably, that undermines everything this flag over here stands for,” the judge said. “Arguably, you sold your country out.

Basically Flynn's attorney's, for reasons unknown, put some stuff in their mitigation request (saying what a good guy Flynn is), casting their doubt on the way the FBI handled questioning Flynn. Straight out of the conspiracy theory nutter, right wing talking points.
So the judge asked for Mueller's documentation of that interview to look into this serious allegation. After reviewing that (some of it redacted to the public), the judge holds Flynn's sentencing hearing and seems infuriated by the audacity of team Flynn in pushing that conspiracy theory bull****, and throwing shade at the FBI. Apparently based on what he read (much of it we can't yet see), he appeared to think Flynn sold the country out, and made him think of "treason", judge's word.
He made Flynn answer again, completely, that this is Flynn's choice. That he isn't having second thoughts, that he's agrees he knew he was lying, that he knew it was a crime to lie to them, etc. Flynn agreed to it all.

Very serious charges, he reminded Flynn that he was not bound by maximum sentencing, etc. He put the fear of god in Flynn's team, and they buckled, and asked for a recess.
end results, they decided to see if Flynn can assist more in the upcoming Turkey case that he was central to (and could have been indicted on), so is sentencing was pushed back to March 13th.

Another great blunder in the eyes of the law by Trump's dream team.

You missed the news today?
The judge at Flynn's sentencing hearing:

Basically Flynn's attorney's, for reasons unknown, put some stuff in their mitigation request (saying what a good guy Flynn is), casting their doubt on the way the FBI handled questioning Flynn. Straight out of the conspiracy theory nutter, right wing talking points.
So the judge asked for Mueller's documentation of that interview to look into this serious allegation. After reviewing that (some of it redacted to the public), the judge holds Flynn's sentencing hearing and seems infuriated by the audacity of team Flynn in pushing that conspiracy theory bull****, and throwing shade at the FBI. Apparently based on what he read (much of it we can't yet see), he appeared to think Flynn sold the country out, and made him think of "treason", judge's word.
He made Flynn answer again, completely, that this is Flynn's choice. That he isn't having second thoughts, that he's agrees he knew he was lying, that he knew it was a crime to lie to them, etc. Flynn agreed to it all.

Very serious charges, he reminded Flynn that he was not bound by maximum sentencing, etc. He put the fear of god in Flynn's team, and they buckled, and asked for a recess.
end results, they decided to see if Flynn can assist more in the upcoming Turkey case that he was central to (and could have been indicted on), so is sentencing was pushed back to March 13th.

Another great blunder in the eyes of the law by Trump's dream team.

Apparently I haven't missed near as much as you have.

*Sullivan resumed Flynn’s sentencing hearing and expressed regret for an earlier statement in which he falsely suggested that Flynn’s activities as an unregistered foreign agent continued into his time as Trump’s national security adviser. Sullivan had asked whether that would be treason.

“I feel terrible about that,” Sullivan said, adding he had never presided over a treason case. Prosecutor Brandon Van Grack confirmed the facts and said that “the government has no reason to believe that the defendant committed treason.”*

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...nn-to-be-sentenced-in-washington-court-update

Yet one can be convicted for spying for them. How does one spy for an ally?

Well, one can "spy" for an ally, and be charged with a crime. One cannot be charged with treason for that spying. IF you are speaking of Pollard, he was rightly charged with espionage. Whether or not his harsh sentence was warranted, I do not know.

Apparently I haven't missed near as much as you have.
"I feel terrible about that,” Sullivan said, adding he had never presided over a treason case. Prosecutor Brandon Van Grack confirmed the facts and said that “the government has no reason to believe that the defendant committed treason.”*
What did I miss? Nothing.
He didn't walk back the "you sold your country out". Which is what you asked about.
Flynn is a traitorous fool, who tried to push his right wing conspiracy theory bull**** on a federal judge, and got checked. And like the bitch his team is, they decided to lick their wounds and retreat.
Do you think they will mouth off more about right wing conspiracy theories and push for pardon?

Or do you think like many nutters on this forum, they should keep their mouth shut unless they have something intelligent to say? For the record, based on that, I don't think you should answer.

What did I miss? Nothing.
He didn't walk back the "you sold your country out". Which is what you asked about.
Flynn is a traitorous fool, who tried to push his right wing conspiracy theory bull**** on a federal judge, and got checked. And like the bitch his team is, they decided to lick their wounds and retreat.
Do you think they will mouth off more about right wing conspiracy theories and push for pardon?

Or do you think like many nutters on this forum, they should keep their mouth shut unless they have something intelligent to say? For the record, based on that, I don't think you should answer.

Sure he did, his "sold your country out" remark was in direct relation to his asking the prosecutors if Mr. Flynn might have committed treason, in which they said no.

Sure he did, his "sold your country out" remark was in direct relation to his asking the prosecutors if Mr. Flynn might have committed treason, in which they said no.

Flynn sold the country out, and the judge called him out on it. Glad we cleared that up. If you have questions in the future, I'll be glad to help.

Flynn sold the country out, and the judge called him out on it. Glad we cleared that up. If you have questions in the future, I'll be glad to help.

What part of "the prosecutors said no" didn't you understand ??

What part of Judge Sullivan's apology for implying treasonous activity by Flynn didn't you understand ??

What part of "the prosecutors said no" didn't you understand ??
What part of Judge Sullivan's apology for implying treasonous activity by Flynn didn't you understand ??
So you're in repeat mode? OK:

Back
Top Bottom