• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden: White America 'has to admit there's still a systemic racism'

He's talking to an organization the exists to protest and detect "systemic racism". Saying that it doesn't exist undermines their entire reason for existence.

So, would it be accurate to say you personally believe systemic racism does not exist?

We were told over and over again by the Conservative media and far right that because we elected a Black man for prez that meant there was no longer any racism in the U.S....

That should be good enough for me, and all Americans..

Discussion closed, racism is dead in this country.. Carry on...

I thought it was that there was no racism until Obama invented it

I can agree with Biden that there are still racist in America and it needs to be "rooted out". Where I will depart from Biden is there are racist in every race. In todays American it is time to acknowledge that fact. I am getting tired of only hearing "whites" are racists.

I can agree with Biden that there are still racist in America and it needs to be "rooted out". Where I will depart from Biden is there are racist in every race. In todays American it is time to acknowledge that fact. I am getting tired of only hearing "whites" are racists.

Did Biden say "there are no racist black people?" I must have missed that part.

What's he gonna say at a meeting of Al Sharpton's National Action Network? "Nah, you guys knock the BS off and go get a real job"?

He should've started off with a joke first.
"Hey Al! Pay your taxes yet?!" *pause for laughter from audience*

So, would it be accurate to say you personally believe systemic racism does not exist?
This is a thread about Joe Biden not me. Nice try deflecting that fact.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/joe-biden...-systemic-210303933--abc-news-topstories.html

What a brave man! Too bad he didnt admit it when he was in office! He just suddenly realized it now! When his black driver was comming to pick him up. (he says)

Joe Biden?

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man." (Watch Biden's comments and Obama's reaction)
Biden's description of Obama draws scrutiny - CNN.com

That Joe Binden?
Complaining about racism?
:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo

This is a thread about Joe Biden not me. Nice try deflecting that fact.

In a thread about something Joe Biden said, you are unwilling to admit to whether or not you disagree with him.

So why are you here at all? Why are you afraid to even give your opinion on what he said?

In a thread about something Joe Biden said, you are unwilling to admit to whether or not you disagree with him.

So why are you here at all? Why are you afraid to even give your opinion on what he said?
I'm here to have an on-topic discussion of Biden's comments. Why are you here?

White people are the only ones who committed decades of racially-based terrorism.

The simple fact of the matter is that while racism exists in all races, “white folks” are the only ones who seem to think it’s okay to celebrate it.

Case in point? All those conservatives melting down over statues to the Confederacy being removed.

I am white, and old....never at any time in my life find did I myself in a position that allowed me to negatively affect the lives of people of any race or religion or whatever...
To do so I would have had to have a friend or relative in a position of power or influence.
If anyone is expecting me to feel guilty for what the rich and powerful do, forget it.

I suspect most of us white peasants feel the same.

I'm here to have an on-topic discussion of Biden's comments. Why are you here?

I am here to talk about Biden's comments.

You... are unwilling to say whether you agree with his comments. You are, therefore, definitely not here to talk about his comments.

I am here to talk about Biden's comments.

You... are unwilling to say whether you agree with his comments. You are, therefore, definitely not here to talk about his comments.
LOL, keep trying.

LOL, keep trying.

Was the statement accurate or wasn't it? You say you're here to discuss Biden's comment. Was his comment accurate?

Did Biden say "there are no racist black people?" I must have missed that part.

Did he say there were?. Seems to me the context of his speech was not an all inclusive "racism" remark.

Did he say there were?. Seems to me the context of his speech was not an all inclusive "racism" remark.

No, hold the **** on. You said you depart from Biden on this. Which means you believe his opinion to differ.

Now you tell me you base this on the fact that one ****ing statement happened to not mention that some Asians are racist too

See, you did mention racism in America. But you didn't actually mention white people being racist. Should I, therefore, conclude that you don't think white racists exist? No. That would be ****in stupid. So why did you apply this absurd logic to Biden?

White people are the only ones who committed decades of racially-based terrorism.

The simple fact of the matter is that while racism exists in all races, “white folks” are the only ones who seem to think it’s okay to celebrate it.

Case in point? All those conservatives melting down over statues to the Confederacy being removed.

Not all "white folks" are conservatives. Not all conservatives object to the Confederate statues being removed.

It is interesting how some take todays accepted social norms and apply them to historical events. Not saying people were correct back decades ago. Time change and so does social values.

I can look at a confederate statue and understand the context in which it was created. I understand it was part of US history. I can also understand that what is represents was wrong back then and wrong now. It is interesting how some on the "left" can't do that. They also seem to think that taking a statue down changes the past.

No, hold the **** on. You said you depart from Biden on this. Which means you believe his opinion to differ.

Now you tell me you base this on the fact that one ****ing statement happened to not mention that some Asians are racist too

See, you did mention racism in America. But you didn't actually mention white people being racist. Should I, therefore, conclude that you don't think white racists exist? No. That would be ****in stupid. So why did you apply this absurd logic to Biden?

Bottom line I think it is stupid to keep harping that whites are racists while giving all others a free ride. imo, racism doesn't have one color.

Bottom line I think it is stupid to keep harping that whites are racists while giving all others a free ride. imo, racism doesn't have one color.

You didn't mention Nazi Germany in this post, and therefore are giving Nazis a free ride. Right?

Any politician who would associate himself in any way with the Rev. Mr. Sharpton should be ashamed of himself.

Vice President Biden has therefore automatically disqualified himself as an appropriate candidate for the presidency of the United States of America. (Mr. Biden says that he does not want the word "former" added before his title whenever he is introduced to an audience.)

One of the most shameful acts of President Obama was to invite the Rev. Mr. Sharpton to many White House meetings for his "advice."

Younger members (and guests) who do not know about the Rev. Mr. Sharpton's history can find the shameful facts on the Web.

(Shame on MSNBC for giving him an hour each evening. Of course, some fair-minded MSNBC executives would like to drop his show, but they do not dare.)

Back
Top Bottom