• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Joe Biden the Draft Dodger

Neither of those Republicans are conservatives. The only Republican Senator who has an established conservative voting record is Sen. Cruz. Even my own Alaskan Senators, Sen. Murkowski and Sullivan are not conservative even though they may be Republican.

Cruz was the biggest coward of all when he rolled over like a good puppy and licked Trump's feet after the tough talk he initially had against Trump in 2016 as a result of the latter going after Cruz's wife. If a "natural born" coward like Trump can humiliate Cruz in such way, what does this say about Cruz?

Good for you. There were many Republicans who were draft dodgers.
True, and I consider them to also be cowardly low-life scum.

While I did not serve in the military I did spend 30 years in wildland fire for a federal agency.
My Dad served in WWII, Korea and Viet Nam. Was a lifer in the Air force 30 years and a life long Republican.
My father served in the Navy during WW II, and not a lifer. He was also a Truman Democrat, and was drafted into the Navy. I chose the Marine Corps because I had to do one better than my father, naturally. I had no problem reenlisting, and was seriously considering making the Corps my career. Then Carter got elected and utterly destroyed the military. I got out in May 1980. Had I known Reagan would have been elected in Nov. 1980, I would have reenlisted.

I got my draft notice while I was in Marine Corps boot camp in 1972. After Carter completely destroyed military morale by pardoning all draft-dodgers in 1977, those who dodged the draft will certainly be remembered as low-life scum by those who actually served honorably. Even when Democrat filth give them a complete pass on their cowardice.

I can only respond to this with the immortal words of The Greatest:

“Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality. If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years.”

What he said about black people can also be said about the countless white young men who had no desire to sacrifice themselves for a political war against a nation that never did a single thing to harm us until we went to war against them. Those that did enlist or served deserve our respect for believing that the war was just and service was honorable but we all know that was based upon lies and deliberate falsehoods told to us by the US government.

“Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality. If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years.”

What he said about black people can also be said about the countless white young men who had no desire to sacrifice themselves for a political war against a nation that never did a single thing to harm us until we went to war against them. Those that did enlist or served deserve our respect for believing that the war was just and service was honorable but we all know that was based upon lies and deliberate falsehoods told to us by the US government.

I doubt anyone questions you would never fight for our country.

We've been in the era of Democrat draft-dodgers since 1992 when Slick Willy was elected. Let's not forget that Trump was also a registered Democrat when he dodged the draft. It is what Democrats do because they are all natural born cowards.

What I've emphasized is perhaps the funniest thing that I've ever read on the webz! So, when trump switched parties he left his bone-spurs deferment behind?:lamo

Cruz was the biggest coward of all when he rolled over like a good puppy and licked Trump's feet after the tough talk he initially had against Trump in 2016 as a result of the latter going after Cruz's wife. If a "natural born" coward like Trump can humiliate Cruz in such way, what does this say about Cruz?

It says that Sen. Cruz is the bigger man. That is precisely what we have all come to expect from leftists, like Trump. They always try to humiliate those who oppose them. The stereotypical leftist response to someone who opposes their point of view is to call them a "racist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, misogynist." Which makes it very humorous when leftists apply those labels to other leftists, like they have with Trump.

It says that Sen. Cruz is the bigger man. That is precisely what we have all come to expect from leftists, like Trump. They always try to humiliate those who oppose them. The stereotypical leftist response to someone who opposes their point of view is to call them a "racist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, misogynist." Which makes it very humorous when leftists apply those labels to other leftists, like they have with Trump.

The bigger man does not flip flop. Crux was the one who said that his stance was not about politics. His (initial) state was about the principle that he would not be a servile puppy to a person who insulted his wife. . After the backlash, when he realized that Trump was too popular, Cruz became his servile puppy. That is exactly what one expects from corrupt politicians who are ready to betray even their own family if this will lead them to a new electoral victory. The rest about homophobia and xenophobia is not part of the point I made, so it is an attempt to deflect.

And for those who do not recall Cruz in 2016, here is the reminder to see what a pathetic small man he is...

Last edited:
I got my draft notice while I was in Marine Corps boot camp in 1972. After Carter completely destroyed military morale by pardoning all draft-dodgers in 1977, those who dodged the draft will certainly be remembered as low-life scum by those who actually served honorably..

So you see trump as low-life scum or did you not "actually serve honorably"?

Last edited:

I respect what Mohammad Ali did. Unlike the cowardly draft-dodgers, he made his decision and faced the consequences like a man. He didn't run like a coward. I also have no problems with true conscientious objector pacifists, like Quakers. It is only the cowards who are low-life scum.

A new massive lie thread from the leader of such, joko.....YIPPPPEEEEE!!

Lying is the #1 Democratic Party's tactic.

The draft never ended after WW2. Men were drafted for the Korean War between 1954-1964, continuing thru 1973.

Go have your mother pick you up a history book. Good grief.

The bigger man does not flip flop. Crux was the one who said that he would not be a servile puppy and would defend his wife instead. After the backlash, when he realized that Trump was too popular, Cruz became his servile puppy. That is exactly what one expects from corrupt politicians who are ready to betray even their own family if this will lead them to a new electoral victory. The rest about homophobia and xenophobia is not part of the point I made, so it is an attempt to deflect.

And for those who do not recall Cruz in 2016, here is the reminder to see what a pathetic small man he is...

That video is so :lamo

Yah, just stop taxing me to pay for it.

K.

Stay off my interstates and stop buying any products that are shipped from overseas on ships that are defended from harm by our Navy.

I respect what Mohammad Ali did. Unlike the cowardly draft-dodgers, he made his decision and faced the consequences like a man. He didn't run like a coward. I also have no problems with true conscientious objector pacifists, like Quakers. It is only the cowards who are low-life scum.

So that makes trump a coward then right?

K.

Stay off my interstates and stop buying any products that are shipped from overseas on ships that are defended from harm by our Navy.

So I'm supposed to pay for the military, but not enjoy the protections of the military, because I'm not willing to go die for some Political War I don't agree with. Got it.

Carter did the right thing.

Yes. And therefore, imo, it was a mistake to fight in it if one could get out of it.

One of the greatest propaganda campaigns convinced the uninformed that Vietnam was a civil war.

It was an invasion, intentional and premeditated. You might try "Hanoi's War: An International History of the war for Peace in Vietnam." This is modern history written by an author who was allowed to be among the first to access the previously hidden libraries of government documents in North Vietnam. It does little to forgive many of the mistakes made by the US but it will enlighten you on why and by who a previously anti French colonial war morphed into an attempt to take over another country.

I know, I know that this will be taken as heresy by many, but you simply were taught the wrong history in school.

Where is the threat to America that we need a 650 billion dollar military? Our military is not used.to defend America. It is used.to protect and expand corporate profits. You want young Americans to fight and.die for.corporate America?

Ask Crimea what happens when you cannot defend yourself.

Now think about the US as a nation based on international commerce, not one confined inside it's borders.

The bigger man does not flip flop.
You do if you are a politician, and want to stay a politician.

Crux was the one who said that his stance was not about politics. His (initial) state was about the principle that he would not be a servile puppy to a person who insulted his wife. . After the backlash, when he realized that Trump was too popular, Cruz became his servile puppy. That is exactly what one expects from corrupt politicians who are ready to betray even their own family if this will lead them to a new electoral victory. The rest about homophobia and xenophobia is not part of the point I made, so it is an attempt to deflect.

That is your first mistake, listening to anything a politician has to say.

I don't give a damn what Sen. Cruz, or Trump, or any other politician says. If you had actually read my post I referred specifically to Sen. Cruz's "conservative voting record." Not anything he has ever said. It was his voting record that got Sen. Cruz my vote in 2016, and it may get him my vote in 2020 (I haven't decided yet), whether he wants it or not. He can say whatever he wants, I won't care. I'm only concerned with how he votes.

Well, spoken like a true war monger. We fought this battle decades ago, your position lost. The only problem I see was the unequal treatment of the rich and connected in terms of deferments and in Trumps case, complicit doctors willing to lie. Those who served demand our respect, nothing should diminish that because they were unwilling dupes in the hands of a lying government. I turned 18 in 74 and was not going to Nam, no way, no how. Thankfully, it ended but to sit here and spew this nonsense fifty years later tells us a lot more about you then it does the people you called low life scum. The real scum was McNamara, Westmoreland and all the officials who bought into the lie. LBJ was an unwilling leader of it, Nam was his biggest mistake and he paid for it dearly. Lets to to the song please...

Well, come on all of you, big strong men,
Uncle Sam needs your help again.
He's got himself in a terrible jam
Way down yonder in Vietnam
So put down your books and pick up a gun,
We're gonna have a whole lotta fun.

And it's one, two, three,
What are we fighting for ?
Don't ask me, I don't give a damn,
Next stop is Vietnam;
And it's five, six, seven,
Open up the pearly gates,
Well there ain't no time to wonder why,
Whoopee! we're all gonna die.... Lyrics for I Feel Like I'm Fixin' to Die Rag by Country Joe & the Fish - Songfacts

Last edited by a moderator:
I served from 1972 to 1980, and I also served with Democrats. All of them drafted. Not a single volunteer among them. Which is the only way you will ever get a Democrat to serve in the military, by force of law. Even then the cowards will commit any crime and use any excuse to escape that, if they can.

Well, since the draft ended in 1973 I can now officially determine that you are either making all this up, including the service, or are simply making it up for a different reason.

It's difficult to have a discussion with someone who simply won't tell the truth.

You do if you are a politician, and want to stay a politician.

That is your first mistake, listening to anything a politician has to say.

I don't give a damn what Sen. Cruz, or Trump, or any other politician says. If you had actually read my post I referred specifically to Sen. Cruz's "conservative voting record." Not anything he has ever said. It was his voting record that got Sen. Cruz my vote in 2016, and it may get him my vote in 2020 (I haven't decided yet), whether he wants it or not. He can say whatever he wants, I won't care. I'm only concerned with how he votes.

This is not JUST about what Cruz says. It is about what he DOES The fact that Cruz rolled over like a puppy shows that he is a coward and acts like every other GOP politician who was cowered by Trump- the "natural born coward"- as you described him in a previous post. In short, if Cruz is a real conservatives as you argue, then the conclusion must be that even the "real" conservatives do not have a spine and are even bigger cowards than Trump.

Last edited:
Joe Biden dodged the draft two ways:

1. The white man way - a college deference - so black people would fight in his place
2. When that ran out, he claimed he has asthma to get medically disqualified.

Joe Biden: Draft Dodger.

:yawn:

Now, almost everybody respects figures like Ali and MLK

In the 1960's though, many conservatives did not respect them and saw a threat of communism or anarchism or betrayal of their country in their actions

Back
Top Bottom