• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Joe Biden the Draft Dodger

:lamo

"Trump was a Democrat at the time" is ****ing hilarious. What, you think if he'd registered Republican instead his character would have changed enough to go to ****ing war? Get out of here with that weak garbage.

Draft dodging is the one thing I don't judge Trump negatively for doing. The draft is wrong and should be opposed.

Trump registered as a Republican in 2012 so he could run as a Republican in 2016. What has that got to do with his character? Trump has always been leftist filth. A true New York Democrat who will lie, cheat, commit any crime in order to obtain power. That includes registering himself as a Republican so he could beat his best friend, Hillary Clinton. Isn't amazing how the GOP managed to forget that Trump was a massive Hillary supporter in 2008, and all the way up until 2012?

Trump registered as a Republican in 2012 so he could run as a Republican in 2016. What has that got to do with his character? Trump has always been leftist filth. A true New York Democrat who will lie, cheat, commit any crime in order to obtain power. That includes registering himself as a Republican so he could beat his best friend, Hillary Clinton. Isn't amazing how the GOP managed to forget that Trump was a massive Hillary supporter in 2008, and all the way up until 2012?

Wait i am confused. Are you supporting trump in 2020?

Biden's five student deferments equal the number given to Cheney, who has been quoted as saying he had "other priorities" than military service in the 1960s.

According to records the Associated Press obtained from the National Archives, Biden registered Feb. 15, 1961, with the Selective Service, when he was an 18-year-old student at Archmere Academy in Wilmington, Del. The archives' documents do not include any information about his classification or physical exam.

Documents provided by the Obama campaign indicate Biden received a classification questionnaire in October 1963, when he was enrolled at the University of Delaware, and received his first 2-S student deferment a month later. Additional deferments were granted in roughly 12-month intervals, the last coming in January 1968.

Biden deferred, disqualified from Vietnam duty - SFGate

Trump isn't really a true Republican or true Democrat. He has switched parties 5 times. He is simply a parasite.

He certainly isn't Republican, and the GOP are far more leftist than they have ever been in the past. Today they call them RINOs, in the 1970s we called them Rockefeller Republicans. They are always east-coast Marxist Republicans, and Trump is one of them.

The Vietnam war draft started Dec 1st, 1969. Biden was born in 1942. He would have been 27. The draft was for men 18-26. So it was impossible for Biden to dodge a draft he was never eligible for.
Biden would have been 11 at the end of the Korean war.

Lying is the #1 Democratic Party's tactic.

The draft never ended after WW2. Men were drafted for the Korean War between 1954-1964, continuing thru 1973.

The Military Draft During the Vietnam War * Exhibit * Resistance and Revolution: The Anti-Vietnam War Movement at the University of Michigan, 1965-1972.

You are posting about when the college deference was ended and the "lottery" started. The Draft began (again) with WW2 and did not end until 1973. Biden was a draft dodger from BOTH the Korean War AND the Vietnam War.

Joe Biden dodged the draft two ways:

1. The white man way - a college deference - so black people would fight in his place
2. When that ran out, he claimed he has asthma to get medically disqualified.

Joe Biden: Draft Dodger.

As I keep saying, we need a centrist third party. If Democrats and Republicans can't nominate better candidates, we need a third option, where our selection of high-quality nominees is not so severely limited by pressure from extremists.

Gripe at the Democrats. It was their war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not entirely true. Vietnam was an extension of Truman's "Policy of Containment" that he employed in Korea. A policy that both Democrat and Republican Presidents would use until 2003. The policy meant that the US could never win. The very best outcome we could expect was a stalemate, like with North Korea today. The very worst outcome was Vietnam. Every military engagement the US had for 50 years used that moronic "policy of containment." It wasn't until the Iraq war in 2003 that the policy was finally changed and we fought for more than just containment.

US involvement with Vietnam began with Truman in 1950 when he sold the French billions in WW II surplus to be used in Vietnam. Then Eisenhower began sending "military advisors" in 1956. By 1960 there were 2,000 US troops already in Vietnam, and JFK would increase that to 20,000 by Nov. 1963. So by the time LBJ had Congress declare war against Vietnam in Aug. 1964, the US had already been involved with Vietnam for 14 years.

I served from 1972 to 1980, and I also served with Democrats. All of them drafted. Not a single volunteer among them. Which is the only way you will ever get a Democrat to serve in the military, by force of law. Even then the cowards will commit any crime and use any excuse to escape that, if they can.

Partisan garbage, completely false. Just laughable.

The last drafted person entered in 1973 and this dude has convinced himself that 100% of enlistments since then have been Republicans. Just comical. The **** you people convince yourselves of :lamo

You'll condemn this, all the while praising the great and glorious draft dodger currently in the white house. You voted for a draft dodger and you're going to do it again. What does that say about you? You just love cowards, eh?

Unless Vietnam had done something to us that threatened to destroy our democracy, yes, it was a stupid declaration of war. Their civil war was not our business.

Yes. And therefore, imo, it was a mistake to fight in it if one could get out of it.

You are indeed confused, I have never supported Trump and I never will. I don't vote for leftist filth. ever.

:lamo

Come on, you can troll better than that.

The draft never ended after WW2. Men were drafted for the Korean War between 1954-1964, continuing thru 1973.

The Military Draft During the Vietnam War * Exhibit * Resistance and Revolution: The Anti-Vietnam War Movement at the University of Michigan, 1965-1972.

You are posting about when the college deference was ended and the "lottery" started. The Draft began (again) with WW2 and did not end until 1973. Biden was a draft dodger from BOTH the Korean War AND the Vietnam War.

You can't dodge something that's not headed for you. Biden was never eligible to be drafted. Dodging is a proactive action. Examples of draft dodging would be going to Canada, claiming a bone spur, or using political connections to get into a branch of service guaranteed to avoid combat like the ANG.

Going to college is not draft dodging no matter how pathetically you try to argue it. 18 year old Biden was a standout football player and the son of a used car salemen from a small town. He didn't have access to daddy's money or influence. And he's been on prescription medication for allergies and has even had sinus surgery so his asthma is both legitimate and has been documented since childhood.

The first peacetime draft (as opposed to the draft imposed by Lincoln after the Civil War began) started with the Burke-Wadsworth Act of 1940 (a.k.a. Selective Training and Service Act of 1940) which became Public Law 76-783 on September 16, 1940 and remained in effect until suspended by Congress in April 1975 after the Fall of Saigon.

We've been in the era of Democrat draft-dodgers since 1992 when Slick Willy was elected. Let's not forget that Trump was also a registered Democrat when he dodged the draft. It is what Democrats do because they are all natural born cowards.

So, the conservatives now choose as their leader a "natural born coward" like Trump who has managed to cower all of them to submission and do not dare to confront him.

So pathetic....

Joe Biden dodged the draft two ways:

1. The white man way - a college deference - so black people would fight in his place
2. When that ran out, he claimed he has asthma to get medically disqualified.

Joe Biden: Draft Dodger.
Wow. A new level of hypocrisy and posting stupidity.
Hilarious.

So, the conservatives now choose as their leader a "natural born coward" like Trump who has managed to cower all of them to submission and do not dare to confront him.

So pathetic....

Which conservatives would those be? There are no conservative Republicans. That should have been very obvious by now, since there hasn't been a conservative Republican in Congress or the White House since at least 1999.

Which conservatives would those be? There are no conservative Republicans. That should have been very obvious by now, since there hasn't been a conservative Republican in Congress or the White House since at least 1999.

I shudder to think of how far off the deep end someone must be to call 2020 Donald Trump "leftist."

We've been in the era of Democrat draft-dodgers since 1992 when Slick Willy was elected. Let's not forget that Trump was also a registered Democrat when he dodged the draft. It is what Democrats do because they are all natural born cowards.

I was a registered Republican back then when I played the draft lottery game by using student deferments and my high draft number.

Your attempt to blame one party indicates a lack of knowledge.

The GOP Senate leader who has become a pathetic figure shielding Trump from every serious criticism was a senator in 1999.

Mitch McConnell - Wikipedia

United States Senator
from Kentucky
Incumbent
Assumed office
January 3, 1985

He is not alone. The Senate in general has become the ground of many senile, old people who have been politicians for most of their life

Lindsey Graham - Wikipedia

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from South Carolina's 3rd district
In office
January 3, 1995 – January 3, 2003

I was a registered Republican back then when I played the draft lottery game by using student deferments and my high draft number.

Your attempt to blame one party indicates a lack of knowledge.

I was a first-time registered Republican voter in 1972. My parents forwarded my draft notice to me while I was in Marine Corps boot camp, where I also voted for Nixon in my first General Election. So I have some idea of the times, and those serving in the military.

GW Bush served as an officer pilot in the Air Force national guard, just as law provided for.

Yeah sure he did. Daddy put him to the head of the long waiting list, because they weren't going to ever deploy, and served until he got tired of it and just quit going, he was real special.

I was a first-time registered Republican voter in 1972. My parents forwarded my draft notice to me while I was in Marine Corps boot camp, where I also voted for Nixon in my first General Election. So I have some idea of the times, and those serving in the military.

Good for you. There were many Republicans who were draft dodgers.

While I did not serve in the military I did spend 30 years in wildland fire for a federal agency.
My Dad served in WWII, Korea and Viet Nam. Was a lifer in the Air force 30 years and a life long Republican.

The GOP Senate leader who has become a pathetic figure shielding Trump from every serious criticism was a senator in 1999.

Mitch McConnell - Wikipedia

United States Senator
from Kentucky
Incumbent
Assumed office
January 3, 1985

He is not alone. The Senate in general has become the ground of many senile, old people who have been politicians for most of their life

Lindsey Graham - Wikipedia

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from South Carolina's 3rd district
In office
January 3, 1995 – January 3, 2003

Neither of those Republicans are conservatives. The only Republican Senator who has an established conservative voting record is Sen. Cruz. Even my own Alaskan Senators, Sen. Murkowski and Sullivan are not conservative even though they may be Republican.

You can't dodge something that's not headed for you. Biden was never eligible to be drafted. Dodging is a proactive action. Examples of draft dodging would be going to Canada, claiming a bone spur, or using political connections to get into a branch of service guaranteed to avoid combat like the ANG.

Going to college is not draft dodging no matter how pathetically you try to argue it. 18 year old Biden was a standout football player and the son of a used car salemen from a small town. He didn't have access to daddy's money or influence. And he's been on prescription medication for allergies and has even had sinus surgery so his asthma is both legitimate and has been documented since childhood.

:roll: He had the money to go hide out in a college - something few blacks could do - and asthma is no more legit than bone spurs. Bottomline is he ducked the draft via MONEY for college and getting a doctor to write a note.

Back
Top Bottom