• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan 6th criminals don't like the conditions of.................jail

Because murder was not the charge. Now it is.

How long did the insurrectionists walk free before being arrested? Over a year for some of them.
OK, let me try this again but slower. The guy told the cops on the day that he was arrested that he ran the kid over because of a political argument. That's premeditated murder right there, not an accident. The fact that someone needed to sit there and contemplate whether it was murder or not is insane AND is a clear sign of a double standard when it comes to prosecuting comparable crimes and there's a political connection. James Fields, for example, was charged with murder immediately upon his arrest. Kyle Rittenhouse was IMMEDIATELY charged with murder. This guy, however, was given the benefit of the doubt until someone at the DA's office decided that the public perception was starting to look bad.

Be smart enough to know what crimes you are committing. Stupidity has a price..

OK, let me try this again but slower. The guy told the cops on the day that he was arrested that he ran the kid over because of a political argument. That's premeditated murder right there, not an accident. The fact that someone needed to sit there and contemplate whether it was murder or not is insane AND is a clear sign of a double standard when it comes to prosecuting comparable crimes and there's a political connection. James Fields, for example, was charged with murder immediately upon his arrest. Kyle Rittenhouse was IMMEDIATELY charged with murder. This guy, however, was given the benefit of the doubt until someone at the DA's office decided that the public perception was starting to look bad.

It may have a price but it's subsidized by the left.

Exactly.

What? You had a SHITLOAD of rioters over the summer of 2020 and the VAST majority of the ones arrested were out on OR in hours. Most of them, in fact, were never even prosecuted!
Because for most of them there wasn't a case. Cops were attacking and arresting people for no reason. "I started beating this random person and they struggled, so I arrested them for resisting arrest."

It may have a price but it's subsidized by the left.

Not at all… we gladly put the dumb assholes that showed up in Jan 6th away..

Because for most of them there wasn't a case. Cops were attacking and arresting people for no reason. "I started beating this random person and they struggled, so I arrested them for resisting arrest."
Yeah. Rioting is only a crime when you do it while wearing a MAGA hat.

I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, these people were the 'useful idiots' who attacked our democracy and posed a terrible danger. On the other, there's a tragedy, they weren't robbing people, they were fools taken advantage of who thought they were sacrificing for the country's benefit, fighting a stolen election. I hate to see them go through this even while I also celebrate it for countering the attack on democracy.
I thought about it for a second as well. ****em is all I could come up with.

Rioting is alway crime, These assholes just got themselves caught by posting themselves on social media.

Rioting is alway crime, These assholes just got themselves caught by posting themselves on social media.
Sure. I can see that. The Summer of Love rioters really were pretty smart about avoiding social media. I mean, if it wasn't for FOX news trying to make a political hit job out of the issues most people wouldn't have even known that there was a riot.:rolleyes:

Being on the street during riots is not a crime. Actually causing damage or harm is a crime.

Do you deny this?

The guy told the cops on the day that he was arrested that he ran the kid over because of a political argument. That's premeditated murder right there, not an accident.
But not a murder charge until a few days later. Not any comparison on any level. Sorry. The people in the DC jail have nobody to blame but themselves.

Sure. I can see that. The Summer of Love rioters really were pretty smart about avoiding social media. I mean, if it wasn't for FOX news trying to make a political hit job out of the issues most people wouldn't have even known that there was a riot.:rolleyes:
No riot here. No riot at 99% of the protests. This is the most idiotic talking point, and it appears to be the best one you have. Haw haw.

If you are too stupid to realize there are unique crimes for behavior on Capitol grounds then suffer the consequences...

150 years ago these assholes would have been mostly dispatched...

violin-tiny.gif

Being on the street during riots is not a crime. Actually causing damage or harm is a crime.

Do you deny this?
Trespassing is a crime. Arson is a crime. Vandalism is a crime. Shoplifting is a crime. Assault is a crime. Denying access to public thoroughfares is a crime. While not everyone at the summer of love protests was involved in those things there were a LOT of people arrested for one or more of those crimes and the VAST majority of them were released within hours of their arrest and most weren't even charged. That is distinctly different than 1/6 where the FBI traced bank card use and phone use for pretty much everyone that was in the vicinity of DC to look for, charge and arrest those protesters.

No riot here. No riot at 99% of the protests. This is the most idiotic talking point, and it appears to be the best one you have. Haw haw.
It is so friggin' repetitious, too. Every thread, every time. "Well, they shouldn't have been arrested, they were white!" I wish he'd give it arrest occasionally. (See what I did there? ;))

Trespassing is a crime. Arson is a crime. Vandalism is a crime. Shoplifting is a crime. Assault is a crime. Denying access to public thoroughfares is a crime. While not everyone at the summer of love protests was involved in those things there were a LOT of people arrested for one or more of those crimes and the VAST majority of them were released within hours of their arrest and most weren't even charged. That is distinctly different than 1/6 where the FBI traced bank card use and phone use for pretty much everyone that was in the vicinity of DC to look for, charge and arrest those protesters.
You have zero idea what was done to investigate BLM protestors. All of your points are based on fantasy.

And the FBI didn't do that. Another bizarre fantasy.

If you think they weren't "robbing people" you are giving them far too much credit. They were trying to rob all of us - "the action of taking property unlawfully from a person or place by force or threat of force." What else would one call that? Is not your vote a thing of value? Is democracy not? What they did was worse than a smash and grab, and it affects all of us. They should not be allowed bail, in my estimation.

This is a bit complicated to discuss. I think their attempted robbery of our democracy is far, far worse than robbing some money; yet in terms of intent and understanding of what they were doing, again, I think the robber of money understand they are harming people, while the 1/6 people largely were gullible people thinking they were patriots defending the country at the president's direction, lacking the same 'greedy' intent of the robber.

This is a bit complicated to discuss. I think their attempted robbery of our democracy is far, far worse than robbing some money; yet in terms of intent and understanding of what they were doing, again, I think the robber of money understand they are harming people, while the 1/6 people largely were gullible people thinking they were patriots defending the country at the president's direction, lacking the same 'greedy' intent of the robber.
I disagree. I think they were well aware that their activities were illegal. They weren't there because they were gullible, they were there to break things and hurt people. Many of them even said so.

No excuses. They knew where the line was, and they crossed it deliberately.

Right, but the thing about crimes is that you have to actually take part in them. Being in the general vicinity of crimes being committed isn't a crime in of itself.

The police grabbed random people off the street without specific evidence that the specific person had committed any specific crime, hence the dropped charges.

Meanwhile, every case I've seen for capitol protesters has direct evidence (usually video footage) of the crime they've committed as well as positive identification.

I disagree. I think they were well aware that their activities were illegal. They weren't there because they were gullible, they were there to break things and hurt people. Many of them even said so.

Many of them thought they were there to protect the country, on the president's direction, from criminals in office who were stealing the election. They knew what they were doing was illegal, but many viewed it in terms of a much larger issue and many were gullible. If you saw a child being abducted, would you knowingly violate traffic laws to try to save the child? An analogy just to show the idea of 'smaller crimes'.

Back
Top Bottom