• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan. 6 panel asks GOP lawmaker to testify about Capitol tour

Unfortunately for the democrats it keeps blowing up in their faces. The Russian Collusion Hoax is now under investigation and adding to Hillary Clintons decades long list of scandals.
Very true and I agree.

And when the GOP takes over the House of Reps late next January, the J6 Select Committee will end up under investigation for what it did not investigate.
I think you are far more optimistic than I about the GOP and their expected performance, politicians being as capable and competent (purposeful sarcasm) as politicians tend to be.

And even the first impeachment of Trump accelerated the investigation of Biden's crack addicted son Hunter, which could ultimately lead to Biden's impeachment.
Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see how far the supposed FBI investigation into Hunter and his malfeasances goes. From my view, by now, the FBI has been so politically compromised that I don't think there's much left there as far as integrity, at least not in their upper management who are pulling the strings on the entire organization.

Where do you guys find such ridiculous sources?

Overall, we rate Western Journal Right Biased and Questionable based on story selection and editorial opinions that strongly favor the right and numerous failed fact checks.

Questionable Reasoning: Far Right, Failed Fact Checks, Propaganda, Conspiracy
Bias Rating: FAR RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

You go to a far left so called Fact check site and then question my sources? ROFLMAO!

Is that the best you can Google -- a six month old commentary from an obscure right-wing newspaper?
I don't think you even realize that when that publication wrote, “Durham told a federal court that he is scrutinizing members of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign as part of his criminal inquiry into the origins and conduct of the Trump-Russia investigation," Durham was referring to Sussman.
Those "Hillary scandals" have all been discredited. List of non-scandals" that the right-wing still can't give up on.

Whitewater, 1992
Travelgate, 1993
Vince Foster Death, 1993
Filegate, 1996
Benghazi, 2012
Clinton Foundation, 2015
Private Email Server, 2015

Are you really going to bang the drum of Hillary's emails when Trump took classified documents with him to Mar-a-Lago when he was thrown out of office?
You are a classic example of today's right-wing that has been so propagandized by falsehoods that you can't even see the truth.
Sorry. I cannot take you seriously. First that list is only a small fraction of the scandals the Clintons have been involved it. As for discredited, perhaps Vince Foster's death, however the rest on that list are bonafied scandals. And even Hillary would tell you that the last three on that list tanked her chances of getting elected in 2016.

I think you are far more optimistic than I about the GOP and their expected performance, politicians being as capable and competent (purposeful sarcasm) as politicians tend to be.
My optimism is based on the establishment republicans present awareness that the conservative voting base will be politically at their throats if they do not push back. Not that anyone high up in the Clinton/DNC food chain will ever serve a day in jail or prison, however political damage will be done.
Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see how far the supposed FBI investigation into Hunter and his malfeasances goes. From my view, by now, the FBI has been so politically compromised that I don't think there's much left there as far as integrity, at least not in their upper management who are pulling the strings on the entire organization.
Unfortunately I agree on that. The FBI and our intelligence services in general were corrupted and politically weaponized to go after Trump.

I know, gotta defend the democracy hating anti Americans.

The truth is he lied about giving any tours, then when confronted with evidence he did, he changed his tune. Why did he lie?

"“A constituent family with young children meeting with their Member of Congress in the House office buildings is not a suspicious group or ‘reconnaissance tour.’ The family never entered the Capitol building,” Mr. Loudermilk wrote in a joint statement with Representative Rodney Davis of Illinois, the top Republican on the House Administration Committee, adding: “No place that the family went on the 5th was breached on the 6th, the family did not enter the Capitol grounds on the 6th, and no one in that family has been investigated or charged in connection to January 6th.”

So you believe this liar? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
So he just walked around the building showing them the most likely breach points???

Unfortunately I agree on that. The FBI and our intelligence services in general were corrupted and politically weaponized to go after Trump.
Do you think about what you are saying?

The bolded is full blown nut job conspiracy nonsense.

Doesn't it feel a little ridiculous to repeat such nonsense?

My optimism is based on the establishment republicans present awareness that the conservative voting base will be politically at their throats if they do not push back. Not that anyone high up in the Clinton/DNC food chain will ever serve a day in jail or prison, however political damage will be done.
Fair enough.

Yep.

Yeah, that’s why Comey released a report days before the election saying Hillary was being investigated, making it seem as if there was something new, which there wasn’t.

Yeah, that’s why Comey released a report days before the election saying Hillary was being investigated, making it seem as if there was something new, which there wasn’t.
You just made my point for me. Nothing new was needed. The hildabeast was already damaged goods. The lock her up chants were mainstream long before Comey released that report. Her suggestion that the report a few days before the election tanked her election was hilarious. Did she really think that nobody remembered the email scandal before it was again brought up a few days before the election. Do you seriously think anyone who was planning to vote for Hillary did not know of the email scandal before that report and changed their vote as a result?

You just made my point for me. Nothing new was needed. The hildabeast was already damaged goods. The lock her up chants were mainstream long before Comey released that report. Her suggestion that the report a few days before the election tanked her election was hilarious. Did she really think that nobody remembered the email scandal before it was again brought up a few days before the election. Do you seriously think anyone who was planning to vote for Hillary did not know of the email scandal before that report and changed their vote as a result?
The election was close. Hillary won the popular vote and lost the EC by 80,000 votes spread over three key states. The Comey announcement could have tipped it.

Although her emails was all the media talked about, it was hardly a scandal. Do you think the handling of those emails was disqualifying?

The election was close. Hillary won the popular vote and lost the EC by 80,000 votes spread over three key states. The Comey announcement could have tipped it.
However it was an electoral college landslide. And the Comey announcement made no difference whatsoever. Everyone knew about the email scandal. It was not new news. It just gave Hillary some whine to go with her cheese.
Although her emails was all the media talked about, it was hardly a scandal. Do you think the handling of those emails was disqualifying?
Absolutely disqualifying. She knew better and even lectured underlings in the State Dept not to send classified emails on a non government email server. She sent and received them herself on a non-secure private email server.

Let’s stick to provable facts.

Loudermilk was asked if any tours were given by anyone for any reason on Jan 5. He authored a report that said no, no one gave any tours. Now we know and he admits that he gave a tour.

I want to believe him and give him the benefit of the doubt, but It was so innocent why hide it? Why lie to congress?
The same problem I have, but, now that his potential testimony is "preimpeached", he will avoid being put under oath. Lying to the public is one thing. Lying under oath is another. Just ask Bill Clinton.

Last edited:
Trump’s sheeple have been telling each other that even before there was a Committee.

And, piece by piece, the Committee has been able to gain the plan for the insurrection, identify about all of the participants, and get one of the conspirators to admit publicly that Trump was a conspirator in overthrowing the government. Now, it is gradually revealing how widesread the knowledge of the plot was amongst the GOP congress and leadership, and are now looking at who in the leadership was also an active participant.

Which is why they’re all trying to hide from invitations and subpoenas.

It’s a pretty clear picture, of a dark and very anti American plot.

And since nearly half the GOP still pledges alliegance to the perpetrator of this plot and his henchmen, it’s pretty easy for anyone ot argue that trump supporters and Republican are the same as 1/6 insurrectionists.
Can you walk us through it, from beginning to end?

Why did he lie?
Loudermilk has no shame or good sense. Remember this doozy lie - Dec 18, 2019 on the House floor?

"When Jesus was falsely accused of treason, Pontius Pilate gave Jesus the opportunity to face his accusers. During that sham trial, Pontius Pilate afforded more rights to Jesus than the Democrats have afforded this president in this process."

Biblical accounts cited to us by experts in law and religion say Jesus was questioned by the Roman governor, not given an opportunity by Pilate to face his accusers. Trump has yet to go on trial in the Senate. But before being impeached by the House, he was given the opportunity to present a defense.

We rate Loudermilk’s statement False.

May as well add Schumer and McCarthy to that list too. Oh wait, the Committee is trying to ask McCarthy questions, but he's peed his panties and unable to speak to the 1/6 Committee. Seriously, I have no idea about when, but our option is to wait until the final report comes out to learn more about the security failures.
You know as well as I do that they have no intention of asking Pelosi anything, or taking any action that would harm the Democrats. In that light, this committee is a sham.

Let’s stick to provable facts.

Loudermilk was asked if any tours were given by anyone for any reason on Jan 5. He authored a report that said no, no one gave any tours. Now we know and he admits that he gave a tour.

I want to believe him and give him the benefit of the doubt, but It was so innocent why hide it? Why lie to congress?
Oh, no, they said he gave a "reconnaissance" tour. Any proof of that? No.

There are surveillance cameras all over. The panel says they have definitive evidence that he did give a tour. Probably video.

We will see it in due time.
Then release the video, like he requested. What are they afraid of? They might look like the liars that they've proven to be, that's what they are afraid of.

Maybe Schiff is having the video doctored, like he did with Jordan's texts, before releasing anything.

Then release the video, like he requested. What are they afraid of? They might look like the liars that they've proven to be, that's what they are afraid of.

Maybe Schiff is having the video doctored, like he did with Jordan's texts, before releasing anything.
It will be released.

Back
Top Bottom