• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan. 6 panel asks GOP lawmaker to testify about Capitol tour

Defense from what? Answering a pretty easy question honestly? He's not being question because he gave a tour. He's being questioned because he LIED.

Q: Were there any tours given on January 5th.
Loudermilk: There were no tours, no large groups, no one in MAGA caps
Q: What about the tour you gave?
Loudermilk: That was just a tour to a constituent family. There was at least one child. Witch hunt!
LOL! What, it looks like you are expecting people like Schiff to be fair and honest? You must be kidding. He would be there for hours, until they get a byte they can "leak" to the press that sounds incriminating. Plus, he already answered those questions, so why call him in at all, unless they want to twist the facts?

kHe didn't clarify shit. He lied multiple times before admitting he gave a tour. (After he was caught). He bitched up a storm complaining the democrat congresswoman should be investigated by the ethics committee. Then later admitted some of the people were wearing red baseball caps.

Now there is information he admitted on some radio show that a few of the tour participants also came into the capitol the next day (Jan. 6th).

This guy is the lowest form of a lawmaker. He took an oath and broke it multiple times during this fiasco. We'll see what his future holds.

While all this was going on, the capital was closed for all tours due to Covid. He was made aware of that during his swearing in ceremony on Jan. 3rd.
He can't wiggle out of this one.
Yeah, whatever. Keep adding ketchup to the nothing burger:
nothingburger.png

No, it's more of a "I'm talking to a brick wall" so why even bother?
At least you're admitting I suppose, but why bother going to such lengths to derail a thread? Especially when there are other threads where those clips might be relevant.

Is the floor plan of the Capitol a State secret or something? Literally hundreds of thousands of people have been in and out of that building, if not more.
My guess is yes, but it is wildly different seeing the layout in person than looking at a picture. Seeing a picture and seeing the actual working parts within that area for real are not close to the same thing

I think he already clarified that the "tour" was a constitute family.
I'd guess that most, if not all gang members think of themselves as family as well. Some tight groups of people consider themselves family too.

He's offered his version. Now, it's up to the 1/6 Committee to come to their conclusion about Res Loudermilk's involvement. I'm at a 50/50 chance that they clear him.

Update: Another request to Rep Loudermilk to come in and talk with the 1/6 Committee.

Chairman Thompson wrote, “On May 19, 2022, the Select Committee invited you to meet with us about evidence of a tour you provided on January 5, 2021. Based on our review of surveillance video, social media activity, and witness accounts, we understand you led a tour group through parts of the Capitol complex on January 5, 2021. That group stayed for several hours, despite the complex being closed to the public on that day.

“Surveillance footage shows a tour of approximately ten individuals led by you to areas in the Rayburn, Longworth, and Cannon House Office Buildings, as well as the entrances to tunnels leading to the U.S. Capitol.”

Chairman Thompson continued, “Individuals on the tour photographed and recorded areas of the complex not typically of interest to tourists, including hallways, staircases, and security checkpoints.”

Check out how well informed these rioters were at the layout of the underground tunnels.

Doesn't matter.

None of it matters.

No one who aided and abetted the insurrectionists will be fully held accountable for their actions.

This era in our American History should go down as The Great Failure.

Doesn't matter.

None of it matters.

No one who aided and abetted the insurrectionists will be fully held accountable for their actions.

This era in our American History should go down as The Great Failure.
I tend to agree but too stubborn to give this ghost up just yet. It's really going to be ugly not having a justice system willing to protect our Democracy.

mpI tend to agree but too stubborn to give this ghost up just yet. It's really going to be ugly not having a justice system willing to protect our Democracy.
I haven't tossed in the towel yet. Damnably close though. We'll see what the mid terms and the next presidential election bring.

If it is more Trumpists taking control of Congress and Trump getting elected again, that is it, I am going to go off grid and pretend I am in a cave and let the world go to hell in the MAGH hand basket.

Check out how well informed these rioters were at the layout of the underground tunnels.

Here's Rep Loudermilk's guy who took pictures of hallways etc on Jan 5, 2021 filming what was to be expected of particular Democrats inside the Capitol Building on 1/6/21. Somebody from National Security had better snatch Loudermilk's ass up asap!!

A man who threatened members of Congress in a video he recorded on Jan. 6, 2021, was taking photos of the Capitol complex while on a visit the previous day, which was sponsored by Rep. Barry Loudermilk, according to images and videos released Wednesday by the House panel investigating the Capitol riot.

“There’s no escape Pelosi, Schumer, Nadler. We’re coming for you,” the man filming said.

“They got it surrounded,” the man said. “It’s all the way up there on the hill, and it’s all the way around, and they’re coming in, coming in like white on rice for Pelosi, Nadler, even you, AOC. We’re coming to take you out and pull you out by your hairs. … When I get done with you, you’re going to need a shine on top of that bald head.”

Here's Rep Loudermilk's guy who took pictures of hallways etc on Jan 5, 2021 filming what was to be expected of particular Democrats inside the Capitol Building on 1/6/21. Somebody from National Security had better snatch Loudermilk's ass up asap!!

A man who threatened members of Congress in a video he recorded on Jan. 6, 2021, was taking photos of the Capitol complex while on a visit the previous day, which was sponsored by Rep. Barry Loudermilk, according to images and videos released Wednesday by the House panel investigating the Capitol riot.

“There’s no escape Pelosi, Schumer, Nadler. We’re coming for you,” the man filming said.

“They got it surrounded,” the man said. “It’s all the way up there on the hill, and it’s all the way around, and they’re coming in, coming in like white on rice for Pelosi, Nadler, even you, AOC. We’re coming to take you out and pull you out by your hairs. … When I get done with you, you’re going to need a shine on top of that bald head.”

Look at second 28. That ****er has a bang stick on the end of his flag pole that he's bragging about. Basically a single gun shot on the end of a stick.

Big one here! The guy who held the virtual map, recon tour, for the invaders to learn where and how to infiltrate and maneuver, even as sloppy in which it went down in real time.

View attachment 67391746
Rep. Barry Loudermilk of Georgia is the latest GOP lawmaker to be asked to cooperate with the House select committee probing the violence that took place on Jan. 6, 2021.

“Based on our review of evidence in the Select Committee’s possession, we believe you have information regarding a tour you led through parts of the Capitol complex on January 5, 2021,“ Reps Bennie Thompson and Liz Cheney, the chairman and vice-chairwoman of the committee, said in a letter Thursday.

"Public reporting and witness accounts indicate some individuals and groups engaged in efforts to gather information about the layout of the U.S. Capitol, as well as the House and Senate office buildings, in advance of January 6, 2021," they wrote.
More made up bullshit by the left here. There is nothing to the claim. The police have already checked out the footage and found there to be nothing suspicious.

Weren't tours supposed to have been canceled at that time?

I'll bet he says the tour was for 'friends and family'.

Not possible. They have video of the tour group (Proud Boys) walking in the Capitol's private rooms and corridors. They can't be mistaken for "friends and family" even if those people were allowed in.

The police have already checked out the footage and found there to be nothing suspicious.
I assume that you are referring to the Capitol Police who checked out the tour by Loudermilk inside the Capitol Building. If so, the Capitol Police need to brush up on their investigative techniques. imo

However, I'm getting a feeling that this additional footage may bring in better experts to look this stuff over. But who knows, maybe this will all be passed off as a church social having a nice walk-a-bout on the grounds of Capitol Hill.

The clown show seeing how big of clowns they can be.

Why not up the ante to see if you can be full blown dimwits?

The Capitol Police chief in a new letter said that a group tour of the Capitol complex led by GOP Rep. Barry Loudermilk of Georgia a day before the January 6, 2021, riot by a mob of Trump supporters was not suspicious, and at no point entered the Capitol itself.

Manger, citing that surveillance video, confirmed Loudermilk’s statement that he never entered the Capitol building itself with a group of constituents

I assume that you are referring to the Capitol Police who checked out the tour by Loudermilk inside the Capitol Building. If so, the Capitol Police need to brush up on their investigative techniques. imo

However, I'm getting a feeling that this additional footage may bring in better experts to look this stuff over. But who knows, maybe this will all be passed off as a church social having a nice walk-a-bout on the grounds of Capitol Hill.

Exhibit A.

Back
Top Bottom