• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's time for Trump to concede and move on

They're not revealing anything. They have produced NOTHING to back up their claims of corruption, and all the evidence in fact points to no election fraud - zero. GA counted every ballot by hand...Trump still lost. Etc.
GA recounted bogus ballots. It was a sham.

When I see some of those you mention above who went too far on this forum thanking me now, it confuses me.
I sometimes give likes or thank people I may disagree with when there post is well stated. I also do the same for those who I agree with.
In my books it is ok to agree to disagree on subjects.

He should not have gone public with his claims of the election being rigged or of fraud, theft, etc. He should have taken his concerns to the courts as privately as possible and let his legal team handle it. I never said he should not go to the courts. I said, "Perhaps Trump should have waited and seen how it played out before running his mouth about the election being rigged or stolen" in response to you saying, "I suggest you wait and see how it plays out [with the court cases]."

I am sorry that you were not able to understand my argument. Perhaps if you relax a little and try to look at things objectively instead of emotionally, you could interpret a more objective approach.
Why should he have "taken his concerns to the courts as privately as possible"? Is he not allowed to announce his actions?

Seriously...you should just stop speaking. You are making yourself look more and more...well...never mind. LOL!! Say whatever stupid thing you want to say.

You are dismissed.

You really should stop repeating misinformation meant to smear Trump. Trump's tax cuts benefitted all and helped to grow the economy. Trump's agenda was stopped by an obstructionist House.

The GOP had the House in 2017-18. They spent most of it trying to help Trump take millions of Americans' health care away. Some agenda.

When the Dems took the House they passed plenty of things Trump campaigned on in 2016 (e.g., infrastructure investments, Medicare prescription drug negotiation, etc). Trump wasn't interested.

Why should he have "taken his concerns to the courts as privately as possible"? Is he not allowed to announce his actions?

[Rest of post removed due to violation of forum guidelines]
Announcing is different from undermining the entire election system.

Then how do you explain Trump saying in a white house brief "If you count the legal votes, I easily win" on November 5th, which was before media outlets even projected Biden the victor, let alone began asking for Trump to concede?

You're saying this before any of the evidence from the investigation has even been presented to a judge or the public. What if in the end the judges do not rule in favor of Trump and the evidence turns out to be a whole lot of nothing? What would have been the point of all Trump's tweets and public statements declaring that the election was rigged and influenced by widespread voter fraud? How is the POTUS making these kinds of statements without evidence not weakening the world's trust in our ability to conduct free and fair elections?

Do you really think every one of those conservative judges is a NeverTrumper? This just sounds like a convenient excuse to me.
We knew by 7:00 Wed morning the election fraud was done.

I'm not interested in your "what if".

It is VERY possible every one of those "local judges" is a NeverTrumper. But the fact is, Trump told you months ago this election would be decided by the Supreme Court. He is correct. He knew the Trump haters would commit election fraud.

No, if this election was stolen as Powell claims, it is absolutely essential for the evidence to be made public immediately.
No...it isn't.

It's absolutely essential for the evidence to be presented to the courts.

It is VERY possible every one of those "local judges" is a NeverTrumper. But the fact is, Trump told you months ago this election would be decided by the Supreme Court. He is correct. He knew the Trump haters would commit election fraud.

The election has been over for weeks. Trump's time would be better spent securing his post-presidency legal representation.

No...it isn't.

It's absolutely essential for the evidence to be presented to the courts.
When are they going to do that, aren't they tired of getting laughed out of court yet?

Please don't make the mistake that article writer makes. There is absolutely NO reason for the Trump campaign to present any evidence to the public. The public is not a party to their lawsuits. Public opinion will not affect the outcome of any lawsuits. Just because the Trump campaign won't detail their evidence in any public forum, that does NOT mean there is no evidence.

Instead of counseling giving up and conceding, I suggest you wait and see how it plays out.
They don't detail their evidence exactly because there is none. That's why Trumps lawyers keep landing ass-first on the sidewalk outside the courthouses.

Thank you for posting this.
I totally agree.
It seems Trump "whether he knows it or not is changing the bar for politics.
First by questioning the results of a fair election. with very little room for the outcome to be questioned.
Then even after his opponent is elected by the voters he's saying it didn't count .
I wander if that includes the electoral votes he got that won him the election.
For if this election was wrong and fraudulent then the electoral process should be in question.
Which is fine by me I never like the Electoral process of doing business anyway.
I think a good popular vote is good enough let the people/ voters decide.

Lower, local court decisions are irrelevant. Those corrupt judges are easily overturned. The important cases will be in federal courts.
Will you need reminding that you said this?

Parting ways with most of the Trump supporters who think there was election fraud. It's crystal clear that there is no evidence. Supposedly, Trump's legal team has it and will prove their case in a court of law within the next two weeks, but it seems highly doubtful that any of their evidence will amount to a hill of beans.

I watched the damn left parading their wares, still parading their wares, and hatefully pretending Trump wasn't legitimately elected, blah, blah, and more blah for the last four years. I'm not going to be like them. Biden won. Time to give him a chance to succeed because if I personally don't want him to succeed, I want my country to fail. I'm not in that camp.

Though I didn't vote for Trump, (for my own personal reasons), I gave him every chance to prove me wrong. He did in the ways that I think is important for the country to go forward; the judicial SC picks, the economy, ending wars, and putting the needs of American workers first. He made mistakes and he triumphed despite a huge orchestrated wall of resistance up against him, but let's not also pretend that his predecessor or successor didn't or won't make mistakes.

I'll leave you with this editorial authored by The Washington Examiner that explains why President Trump should now move on, and concede. To me it's about putting all efforts forth on the GA. senate race...

All comments welcome.

Applause!

We knew by 7:00 Wed morning the election fraud was done.

I'm not interested in your "what if".

And in typical Trump cultism, because Trump said it, it must be true. What an embarrassment you people are. When the lame dick president tells you to guzzle down the cyanide laced kool aid, will you chug one or 2 glasses?

The Supreme Court will not have one fuggin thing to say about Trump's ridiculous shenanigans. Biden won by over 6 million votes. 6 million!. Biggest blow out of a sitting president seeking re-election in 88 years. Think about that. The guy you support is a loser of epic proportions.

T/Y, but trust me when I also ask, do want to review some silliness and denial? Look to how the left behaved for the last four years! Some might call it evil rather than silly. They never accepted Trump as the president. Disgraceful how they behaved!
Do not misunderstand. I am still a Trump supporter. I'm just saying it's time for Trump to NOT act like THEM. He needs to put his energy toward helping the senate keep their majority. He needs to finish his term not as a poor loser like the Democrats did when it came to Hillary and her cabal of misfits.

On another note, Joe Biden barely won despite how his cheerleaders pretend it was a landslide, the Democrats lost House seats, and the Republicans retain the majority in the senate. Not all that big of a victory for the Democrats if you ask me.
They don’t really have a majority at the moment. Grassly and Scott have COVID, and McSally has to leave soon.

Plus..all this “Trump really won” nonsense is likely to cost the R’s Georgia.

1. President Trump is right to want an investigation into the possible rigging of the Nov. 3 vote.

2. IF it was rigged, then the Pubs do not have a chance in 2022 or 2024.

3. It is not necessary to concede. The Electoral College will "elect" Mr. Biden, and Vice President Pence may announce the decision in the Senate (as Vice President Gore announced his rival's election. A very touching moment that I remember).
1. I find it suspect when Trump claimed the election was rigged well before the election.
2. States are not finding the wrong doing Trump's Team alleges. Take Arizona. Republican Governor, Republican AG, Republican controlled State House/Senate, and they found no wrong doing. Looks like Biden won the State like Clinton did.
3. Trump does not have to concede. That is his right. However, since you concede that Biden will be elected, Trump is not helping in the transition to the new Administration when the country is dealing with a pandemic and its effects on the economy. Trump is not looking out for American as he claims.

@trixare4kids @RetiredUSN
Thank you for finally acknowledging Biden won the election! In 2016, I congratulated Team Trump the day after the election.
Yo trix, the DEMs, while losing seats in the House, still retained a Majority. In the Senate, the DEMs so far, came out with a net gain of 1. The GOP, so far, came out with a net loss of 1. Control of the Senate now depends on the two Special Elections in Georgia. The GOP must win at least one of the two to maintain control.

@Mycroft @trouble13 @PirateMk1 @Aberro @Fletch
Coming soon! Look for a TSG near you or online. TSG -> Trump Support Group
TrumpSmokeDetector.jpg60DaysToGo.jpg@TheParser, at least you anticipated Trump losing!

I heard all the bogus ballots showed Trump as the selection for President. Go figure. :LOL:
They didn't try to identify the bogus ballots.

Although I appreciate the concession by the op, let's not forget Trump did nothing to stop COVID and now does even less as 2000 people per day die in the US.

This was a failed presidency by all objective measures. He only received votes because of the massive white grievance hanging in the air of rural America, a grievance so string these morons will literally die for their idiotic president.

The election has been over for weeks. Trump's time would be better spent securing his post-presidency legal representation.
The election isn't over until the fraud is dealt with.

They didn't try to identify the bogus ballots.
Your claim was, " GA recounted bogus ballots. It was a sham.
I just pointed out something you left out. :sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom