• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IT’S OFFICIAL=> Ted Cruz Is Mathematically ELIMINATED from GOP Race – With Chart

About a month ago I said I think Trump will get enough delegates. BUT I'm still not sure he'll get the nomination even though he will have the delegates.

About a month ago I said I think Trump will get enough delegates. BUT I'm still not sure he'll get the nomination even though he will have the delegates.

I think BOTH conventions this year have the potential to be extremely interesting to watch. Is it possible both will be contested? I think yes.

He doesn't take stands on issues you and other tea partiers, other Conservatives, hold firm: No public bathrooms for transgenders, blindly following Israel, defunding Planned Parenthood, free markets, (keeping religion in government), etc.

There are many types of conservatives, Crovax. Trump has some conservative traits that would make his thinking 'libertarian-like'...another type of conservative, BTW. Just not on your tea partier, Conservative, neocon top list.

Sidenote: And Cruz has co opted some of Trump's stands. For example a few years ago, Cruz voted against the wall.
Thanks for demonstrating perfectly, Trump blinder syndrome. You couldn't be more wrong. How many times on the campaign trail has Trump said one thing, only to release a statement the next day stating that's not what he really meant? :roll:

Thanks for demonstrating perfectly, Trump blinder syndrome. You couldn't be more wrong. How many times on the campaign trail has Trump said one thing, only to release a statement the next day stating that's not what he really meant? :roll:
Once, which was in regards to the Abortion issue.

Ted Cruz Is Mathematically ELIMINATED from GOP Race...

This is a good thread if you want to make a list of people on DP that know nothing about Ted Cruz, and are gullible and willing enough to believe any lie told about him.

Oh, and nobody is eliminated until someone has a majority of delegates.

He doesn't take stands on issues you and other tea partiers, other Conservatives, hold firm: No public bathrooms for transgenders, blindly following Israel, defunding Planned Parenthood, free markets, (keeping religion in government), etc.

There are many types of conservatives, Crovax. Trump has some conservative traits that would make his thinking 'libertarian-like'...another type of conservative, BTW. Just not on your tea partier, Conservative, neocon top list.

Sidenote: And Cruz has co opted some of Trump's stands. For example a few years ago, Cruz voted against the wall.

There was a vote on the wall?

You and I both have had that thought off and on for several weeks now. The idea of a candidate having the required delegate count but some extraordinary move by the party preventing the nomination, the reason I go back and forth with that thinking is the bomb that would drop on what is left of the Republican Party. To see Trump get to 1237, with the numbers of voters he has pulled off, but not walk out of the connection with the nomination would ensure Republican losses in the general election. Odds are Trump would take all that support and run Independent, causing Republicans to pull in probably less than 25% of the general election vote.

Just too much mess for Republican Establishment to rip away from Trump the nomination if he obtains the needed delegates before convention. The party might end up forever broken if they tried it, and it all might end up in lawsuits and media circus.

I think BOTH conventions this year have the potential to be extremely interesting to watch. Is it possible both will be contested? I think yes.

No way is the democrat convention going to be contested. Or rather, it may be contested to the same extent that 2008 was "contested," i.e. Bernie will stop the roll call of delegates at some point and ask that all of his delegates now vote for Hillary.

Wrong, the Super Delegates are not taken into account and the Repubs can have a contested convention if the race is close enough. I know the Dems are eagerly awaiting the news that Trump will be the candidate and he probably will be but don't jump the gun just yet.

If trump wins indiana which all the polls says hes ahead, hes got the nomination locked up. YES, they can contest the convention but id bet a donut they do not. If they contest the convention and take the nomination from trump, the gop can hang up their jocks, game over.

No way is the democrat convention going to be contested. Or rather, it may be contested to the same extent that 2008 was "contested," i.e. Bernie will stop the roll call of delegates at some point and ask that all of his delegates now vote for Hillary.

We shall see. I don't think Bernie will go away that easily.

In 2008 Hillary knew 2016 would be her best shot at POTUS. I don't think Bernie has eyes for 2020 or 2024.
If this is Bernie's one and only shot, he might (and should) make as many waves as possible.

We shall see. I don't think Bernie will go away that easily.

In 2008 Hillary knew 2016 would be her best shot at POTUS. I don't think Bernie has eyes for 2020 or 2024.
If this is Bernie's one and only shot, he might (and should) make as many waves as possible.

The best way to make waves and actually get concessions though would be to agree to concede in a manner that is most likely to resolve the rift in the democratic party.

Wrong, the Super Delegates are not taken into account and the Repubs can have a contested convention if the race is close enough. I know the Dems are eagerly awaiting the news that Trump will be the candidate and he probably will be but don't jump the gun just yet.

Leftists want Trump to win the Republican nomination because they think that would give the Belle of Benghazi the best chance to become President. They are determined to get that G--damned commie liar in, so she can finish the job of destroying this country that the anti-American commie liar currently disgracing the White House has thus far so ignobly advanced.

He might, after yesterday's results he is close. Trump stands at 950, he is 287 shy of the needed 1237, and there are 622 still available.

Trump might avoid a contested convention after all. That would sure upset all the right people.

That would be disappointing. I'm kinda looking forward to a contested convention purely for the entertainment value alone.

That would be disappointing. I'm kinda looking forward to a contested convention purely for the entertainment value alone.

Agreed.

Many of us have the same take on the entertainment value of a nominee having the majority of delegates, but not have 1237 of them, and end up watching Republicans hand the nomination to someone else in the primary race (or even someone who was not.) We may be talking about several rounds of delegate voting in that scenario with all sorts of backroom dealings.

Re: Ted Cruz Is Mathematically ELIMINATED from GOP Race...

This is a good thread if you want to make a list of people on DP that know nothing about Ted Cruz, and are gullible and willing enough to believe any lie told about him.

Oh, and nobody is eliminated until someone has a majority of delegates.

Most of them are Trump-tards or rabid libs.

Not actually on official site, I posted it because of the chart, if its accurate cruz needs 627 delegates and theres only 622 available. Even after the ones that were just "given" to him

As we predicted on April 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]…. As of today, April 26, 2016, Ted Cruz is mathematically eliminated from winning the Republican nomination outright.
On April 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] we predicted that Donald Trump would have 953 delegates as of today (needing only 284 delegates for the nomination) and that Cruz would have 550 delegates as of today (needing 687 to win the nomination).
We also predicted that only 634 delegates would remain and therefore Cruz would need more delegates than would be available.
Ted Cruz is eliminated.
It is clear that Cruz was eliminated tonight.
It is not clear yet on how devastating the final numbers will be for Ted Cruz.

After winning all five primaries tonight — Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania — Donald Trump has 950 delegates so far.
Ted Cruz finished third in Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware and Rhode Island.
There are fewer delegates remaining than we originally projected because the delegates in Wyoming, Colorado and North Dakota were allocated in shady voter-less elections after April 2[SUP]nd[/SUP].
After tonight’s primaries Cruz has — 560 delegates after winning one delegate Tuesday.
Cruz needs 677 delegates to reach 1,237 delegates.
There are only 622 available.
It’s over.

IT'S OFFICIAL=> Ted Cruz Is Mathematically ELIMINATED from GOP Race - With Chart

Not true. He can get more delegates at convention. He is only eliminated from winning a majority through state primaries. Furthermore, these are state elections, not national, thus he is not eliminated from winning primaries. There is no rule that he has to stop competing, and he wont.

Not true. He can get more delegates at convention. He is only eliminated from winning a majority through state primaries. Furthermore, these are state elections, not national, thus he is not eliminated from winning primaries. There is no rule that he has to stop competing, and he wont.

They wont "give" cruz the nomination thats my humble opinion. He will not be given the nomination by the voters and the voters would rebel if they did that.
Trump has now over 50% popularity nationally. Cruz not only wont win the primary by the voters, he would get destroyed by hillary in the general. So what the GOP can do at convention and what they will do is two different things. If trump wasnt as popular as he is they would very well try and hand it to someone else. They wont do it now unless theyre nuts and have a deathwish

Cruz will stay in until Indiana.

His problem is that now the perception of his message has changed to "Stop Trump". That is fine if you think that's what everyone is going to rally around. I think he painted himself into a corner, and will lose Indiana. If that happens, he's outta here. "Stop Trump" is not a motivating platform, and stomps out his earlier message.

That leaves Kasich to be Trump's VP pick to mollify the RNC establishment by picking "one of theirs". That will be a face saving way to give Trump the nomination. That way they can still feel they are at the game rather than just the tailgate party!

If trump wins indiana which all the polls says hes ahead, hes got the nomination locked up. YES, they can contest the convention but id bet a donut they do not. If they contest the convention and take the nomination from trump, the gop can hang up their jocks, game over.

Oh I think it will still be close in the end but the GOP will be faced with a no win situation, leave Trump as the Candidate and lose many of the average Repubs or put Cruz in and lose the Trump supporters, either way the Dems will end up with the win handed to them. Another dismal election year.

Leftists want Trump to win the Republican nomination because they think that would give the Belle of Benghazi the best chance to become President. They are determined to get that G--damned commie liar in, so she can finish the job of destroying this country that the anti-American commie liar currently disgracing the White House has thus far so ignobly advanced.

There, feel better now? Always good to get that Stuff out, bad for the blood pressure.

Oh I think it will still be close in the end but the GOP will be faced with a no win situation, leave Trump as the Candidate and lose many of the average Repubs or put Cruz in and lose the Trump supporters, either way the Dems will end up with the win handed to them. Another dismal election year.

You right but theres more trump supporters than tradtional republicans for cruz and trump fares much better nationally than cruz

Back
Top Bottom