• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israeli forces storm Gaza aid ship

That is Israel's mistake. How long will Israel continue to coddle terrorists committed to its destruction? Israel should disengage from Gaza immediately and let them fend for themselves. Stop trucking in tons of food and supplies daily. If rocket attacks commence, then it's war with no questions asked.

You should understand that the Gaza strip and the Western bank as a palestinian state.. no Israeli politics there.. even no military preasence, only on the borders the IDF preventing smugglers and immigrant/Emmigrants. the blockade is like the US did to Cuba during the nuclear missiles crisis with the USSR. Understand that Gaza strip is independant. the thing is that there was no delay after Israel gave the independance, they streightly started a war, wich of course we won and blockaded it.. as the Egyptions did on their side of the border with Gaza strip.

Gaza is not independent as long as Israel continues to supply it. Israel should cut all ties with Gaza immediately, erect a security fence and disengage completely. As for the West Bank, a separate deal and a separate state can be made. Obviously a single Arab state comprising Gaza and the West Bank is untenable. Because Israel is right in the middle.

protect themselves from what ? even if the photos up there were true, how does that knives poses a risk anyway ..
How does a knife pose a risk? You can stab someone with it, but you already knew that.

I registered on this website a while back, and have mainly been a lurker, reading the barometer of political content, and discontent both locally in the U.S. and internationally, and every once in a while I feel the need to chime in. On the issue of the Gaza flotilla raid, I believe that Israel was wholly justified in keeping the blockade intact, and preventing the ship from reaching it's destination. I believe that the flotilla, while probably devoid of a weapons shipment, was a feint by malefactors (muslim, or otherwise) as a P.R. stunt, in which Israel could have acted in one of three ways. 1)Allow the flotilla to pass through without interference emboldining Israel's enemies to repeatedly violate the blockade, or 2) Israel intercepts the flotilla, sending commandos aboard, and is provoked to take maximum measures to ensure the safety of its own, resulting in a P.R. nightmare, which is what happened. The first two scenarios both result badly for Israel, with public perceptions showing Israel as ineffective, leaving the proverbial blood in the water, or too heavy-handed. Thirdly, what they should have done instead is disable the engines of the vessels as they approached Israel's territorial waters, then tow them to Ashdod, to be unloaded, with a heavy guard to ensure no resistance. However, hindsight is twenty twenty, and Israel's enemies always find a way to take advantage of an angle, casting Israel in a bad light. However, it is through this angle, this advantage, in which Hizbullah and Hamas both harass and attack Israel, consistently, and usually effectively. I do not live in Israel, and have never been to Israel, having no real idea of what Israel does to combat these propaganda attacks, but apparently whatever they are doing is not effective, because they are taking a hammering in the international media and I think Israel should mount a more potent, robust P.R. campaign to counteract this weapon that Islamist, and Islamist supporters, and just plain Israel bashers use to unjustly smear Israel. This campaign should be two-pronged, consisting of both an informational component, and an action component, with the informational component being subordinate to the action component. More specifically the action component would be a modification of what Israel already does for the Palestinians(or attempts to do for them, since Hamas interferes, allowing innocents to starve): bringing in food aid to the impoverished masses of Gaza. This modification would entail the use of air drops of food instead, under cover of darkness, which would reduce the chances of Hamas meddling, and with a message on each item of food explicitly explaining where the food came from, with messages of support for a Palestinian state free of terrorist elements, alongside Israel. Additionally, the wall between Gaza and Israel should have medical aid stations with heavy weapons emplacements guarding them, allowing any non-violent Palestinians(once they have been identified as such) to seek medical aid. The informational component will highlight what Israel is doing to help engender and cultivate a state for it's Palestinian brothers, spreading the information to the rest of the world, helping to dispel the cloud that Israel's enemies kick up in order to spread more hatred of Israel and Jews in general. Israel has one of the best weapons armaments in the world, one of the best armies in the world, and utilizes innovative tactics on the field of battle, but, I believe that Israel has a chink in it's armor when it comes to public relations, and Hamas is tirelessly stabbing through this hole. One thing I have noticed is, that throughout history, the Jews enemies always carry out a propaganda campaign against them before taking violent action against them. This weapon should be wrested out of the hands of Israels enemies, for it is the only weapon that is stopping peace from being achieved. Most importantly of all, the blockade should be kept enforced until peace is assured, and until that time, Israel should be the sole source for Palestinian aid(minus weapons, unless it reaches a point where Palestinians are willing to use them against their Hamas masters). Until that time Israel holds the line, protecting it's citizens, and hopefully casts a spotlight on the hand of peace that is already outstretched to it's Palestinian brothers, for Palestine, and the world at large, to see.

Last edited:
I registered on this website a while back, and have mainly been a lurker, reading the barometer of political content, and discontent both locally in the U.S. and internationally, and every once in a while I feel the need to chime in. On the issue of the Gaza flotilla raid, I believe that Israel was wholly justified in keeping the blockade intact, and preventing the ship from reaching it's destination. I believe that the flotilla, while probably devoid of a weapons shipment, was a feint by malefactors (muslim, or otherwise) as a P.R. stunt, in which Israel could have acted in one of three ways. 1)Allow the flotilla to pass through without interference emboldining Israel's enemies to repeatedly violate the blockade, or 2) Israel intercepts the flotilla, sending commandos aboard, and is provoked to take maximum measures to ensure the safety of its own, resulting in a P.R. nightmare, which is what happened. The first two scenarios both result badly for Israel, with public perceptions showing Israel as ineffective, leaving the proverbial blood in the water, or too heavy-handed. Thirdly, what they should have done instead is disable the engines of the vessels as they approached Israel's territorial waters, then tow them to Ashdod, to be unloaded, with a heavy guard to ensure no resistance. However, hindsight is twenty twenty, and Israel's enemies always find a way to take advantage of an angle, casting Israel in a bad light. However, it is through this angle, this advantage, in which Hizbullah and Hamas both harass and attack Israel, consistently, and usually effectively. I do not live in Israel, and have never been to Israel, having no real idea of what Israel does to combat these propaganda attacks, but apparently whatever they are doing is not effective, because they are taking a hammering in the international media and I think Israel should mount a more potent, robust P.R. campaign to counteract this weapon that Islamist, and Islamist supporters, and just plain Israel bashers use to unjustly smear Israel. This campaign should be two-pronged, consisting of both an informational component, and an action component, with the informational component being subordinate to the action component. More specifically the action component would be a modification of what Israel already does for the Palestinians(or attempts to do for them, since Hamas interferes, allowing innocents to starve): bringing in food aid to the impoverished masses of Gaza. This modification would entail the use of air drops of food instead, under cover of darkness, which would reduce the chances of Hamas meddling, and with a message on each item of food explicitly explaining where the food came from, with messages of support for a Palestinian state free of terrorist elements, alongside Israel. Additionally, the wall between Gaza and Israel should have medical aid stations with heavy weapons emplacements guarding them, allowing any non-violent Palestinians(once they have been identified as such) to seek medical aid. The informational component will highlight what Israel is doing to help engender and cultivate a state for it's Palestinian brothers, spreading the information to the rest of the world, helping to dispel the cloud that Israel's enemies kick up in order to spread more hatred of Israel and Jews in general. Israel has one of the best weapons armaments in the world, one of the best armies in the world, and utilizes innovative tactics on the field of battle, but, I believe that Israel has a chink in it's armor when it comes to public relations, and Hamas is tirelessly stabbing through this hole. One thing I have noticed is, that throughout history, the Jews enemies always carry out a propaganda campaign against them before taking violent action against them. This weapon should be wrested out of the hands of Israels enemies, for it is the only weapon that is stopping peace from being achieved. Most importantly of all, the blockade should be kept enforced until peace is assured, and until that time, Israel should be the sole source for Palestinian aid(minus weapons, unless it reaches a point where Palestinians are willing to use them against their Hamas masters). Until that time Israel holds the line, protecting it's citizens, and hopefully casts a spotlight on the hand of peace that is already outstretched to it's Palestinian brothers, for Palestine, and the world at large, to see.

A great post, you should post more often.

Latest photos of the beaten to almost death soldiers by the "activists" from a turkish site:

Ýsrail'in sildiði Fotoðraflar / 1 - Hürriyet

But those are peaceful, humanitarian wounds, Ferrugem. Get with the program!!

They didn't defend themselves, either. They engaged in premeditated, execution style assasinations of these peaceful humanitarians who were so generous in treating them in these peaceful, humanitarian ways. The ungrateful Jewish Bastards!!

I agree that Mathias' post was excellent, however...

What if Israel does manage to disable the boats without causing serious damage, but the boats refuse or cut lines for towing. Then, the boats start drifting towards Gaza... Israel would look kinda silly then. I realize the boats would be intercepted far enough away that they couldn't actually float to Gaza, but the point is that plan is potentially dangerous (disabling the boats) and could backfire as well ("the evil Israelis disabled our boats, severely damaging them and then set us to drift to our deaths!").

While the proposed solution (to the search procedure) is viable, it is by no means foolproof.

Last edited:
what if the cop was out of his residence area and jumped over somone's house and threatened him , guess what ? the judge will justify that too :)

Not what happened. Try a better analogy.

Back
Top Bottom