• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

That may be what you have been hearing and there was indeed no violence against Israelis on any of the other boats. However as I said, yesterday an elderly American on one of the 'non violent' boats reported that when people sat down in passive resistance they were subject to beatings. He believed the Israelis were trying to keep this hidden. We will need to wait to hear what more people say happened on their boats.

How do you think Israel will respond to the further Turkish boats and to the Irish boat?

Every merchant vessel on the World's oceans must carry at least one firearm, usually one handgun and one assault rifle, for the protection of the vessel from acts of piracy, terrorism and mutiny. That's quite a simple answer, isn't it? The use of such weapons when the vessel is being stormed by helicopter-borne commandoes would be entirely legitimate. Clearly whatever firearms the vessels possessed may have been used, but clearly not with lethal effect as none of the storming commandoes were killed. Of course, Netanyahu's fanclub will not accept any criticism either of his government's policy, nor of the IDF actions, so this thread is doomed to remain a "yes they did, no they didn't" exchange.

The same way they did with this one but hopefully if it came down to having to take over the boat legally like this time, it would be done with a brain behind the operation to limit the casualties on both sides to zero.

they will prob send warships next time to cause a stalemate untill the crew agrees to have their cargo checked..

I think is more like how much the world has become to hate Isael, kind of like it was in the 1930's leading up to the 1940's. The difference today is that the people of Israel won't lay down and take it this time. The enemy is niether the Palistinians or Israelies but those who are ruling the Palitinian people, using them as pawns and have been for some time now.

indeed it is, but Bibi is an idiot and he has no idea what he is doing...its sad he is PM again..we used to have such good governments here who did beatfull millatery operations which had limited casualties and were amazingly done. But now days the IDF is starting to look like an old grandpa trying to throw a baseball its a hit and miss...at lest untill they replace the defense minister cause I think his time has gone already..

Yes, I agree, this is more a battle of wits than bullets - or should be

The use of live fire against those who board your ship after you refuse to comply with them and do not turn back/stop the ship is obviously not legitimate if you aren't under attack.
Once the soldiers were under live fire they've had the right to self-defense and have used it.

So when do we hold the nation of Isreal to the same standard as we hold everyone else? Does the fact that the Holocaust happened give them some kind of free pass?

So when do we hold the nation of Isreal to the same standard as we hold everyone else? Does the fact that the Holocaust happened give them some kind of free pass?

I don't think that this is the issue. I think it has more to do with the spiral of self-denial in which the Israeli state (and increasingly people) are engaged in. They believe that whatever actions are taken are legitimate because of the hostile environment in which they undoubtedly exist. It's understandable but self-defeating. This article is well written and thoughtful...

Patrick Cockburn: PR dangerously distorts the Israeli sense of reality - Commentators, Opinion - The Independent

I think is more like how much the world has become to hate Isael.

Are you serious? It's perfectly justified to blame Israel for the blockade, and it's perfectly justified to blame Israel for the disproportionate use of force during a boarding whose legality is disputed, to say the least.

If you use the WWII analogy, I think you should think again about who is the oppressor and who are the oppresed.

I think people in Israel are not in self denial, maybe our older than earth government is...I mean ffs we had the same people in office since the 40's wtf 0-0

Actually when you got CHINA condeming you just after they supported NK sinking the SK boat killing 43 people...Thats just hatred 0-0

Against ideas, Israel's force is impotent | Amos Oz | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Actually when you got CHINA condeming you just after they supported NK sinking the SK boat killing 43 people...Thats just hatred 0-0

China...and the rest of the world, including the whole European continent

Europe has a lot to say with little to act or base it on. they are founded on the most dystructive and hateful roots in history ( no offense)
And they they are uniting under EU ( somthing stinks in here) with no expirance in any modern warfar/politics of this matter.

They assume they know something, when in reality they are just assuming their asses off..Just my 2 cents I like europe, but I think they talk alot out of their ass ^^

You sound just like Chinese people I have heard of forums. They say Britain was colonialist in their past, now China wants it's turn. They say the US stole the Native American land and they want Tibet.

Deal with how people are acting now.

Whatever way, let's see how long any country can survive without friends.

For those who care about international law:

Who will bring Israel to book over flotilla attack? | Daniel Machover | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Let's see...

Israel has a lot to say with little to act or base it on. they are founded on the most dystructive and hateful roots in history ( no offense)
And they they are uniting under Netanyahu ( somthing stinks in here) with no expirance in any modern warfar/politics of this matter.

They assume they know something, when in reality they are just assuming their asses off.

Does that sound just a bit anti-semitic to you? Is a rancid bunch of knee-jerk prejudice acceptable, or not, depending on the target?

Yeah you are right sorry if my post came off like that.. I have a bad habbit of phailing to get ideas from me head onto paper/forums D:

What I ment is that Europe has no expirance with whats happening in Israel right now, ( all the rest was me being an idiot i appoligize) they never had to deal with these kinds of events, and Israel is the only nation on earth to have this expirance with it.
I propose if any other europian nations were to be in Israel's shoes they would also be like that, the world just sees us as we are cause we are diff, cause we are the only ones in this situation

Again sorry for any disprespectful things I posted ^^

And the fact that they've all quickly and immidately condemned Israel without knowing the facts or waiting for any kind of investigation speaks more about their hatred towards the Jewish state than anything else.
The entire world sees Israeli soldiers being assaulted, and they expect them not to strike back.
It's the traditional inhuman and demonic hatred towards anything that has the letters of the word Israel in it, it's the claims for disproportionality when 9 people out of more than one 100 lynchers die after they attempt to kill the soldiers that they outnumber, because the soldiers are Israeli, it's the claims for illegitimized boarding after the constant attempts to end this peacefully before the interceptions are being refused, because the soldiers are Israeli, it's those kind of claims that speak out of nothing but pure hatred towards the Jewish state.

Not to me its 100% true, there is basicly no modern nation that is not like that

And Bibi ( Netanyahu) is the biggest cancer to happen to Israel in its history tbh not only did he support the killing ot Yitzchat rabbin ( which is a huge anti democratic value to support) he also did stupid mistakes on his first term and his second is as much as a phail...Why is he PM..Cause our governemnt is run by old people older than time itself..

For those who want to know the motives of the guys on the humanitarian convoy:

Why we sailed to Gaza | Lauren Booth | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Here is even more on that:

Gaza flotilla raid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to the charges that they had weapons/nvg/etc both the governments of Turkey and Norway have already commentated on that:

So as usual those who dare to point out that Israel does not care about international law are "anti-Israeli". And in this case it's the entire world. Gosh!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…