• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Sexting Cheating on your Partner?

I agree..if you need to sext..you are obviously not trustworthy...

Caught one of my guys doing it once..

Tips to guys ''Delete texts that you don't want your partner to see!!''

How about just don't do it unless it's with the one you're in a relationship with.

If you are being dishonest with your partner about erotic activity involving others, then it is cheating.

If you are being honest now with your partner about erotic activity that you promised to forego in conversations with them earlier, you are still being dishonest, on account of your original promise. So don't try that tack.

Is sexting an erotic activity involving others? If you are dishonest with yourself about the definitions of things, your partner should probably quit being in a relationship with an emotionally stunted individual.

How about just don't do it unless it's with the one you're in a relationship with.

Exactly...I was had once..picked up a phone..we had the same ones, thinking it was mine..

My world came tumbling down..

Last edited:
Exactly...I was had once..picked up a phone..we had the same one's, thinking it was mine..

My world came tumbling down..

Tough to deal with at the time but a hell of a lot better off in the long run. I've been with the love of my life for 33 years. Talking dirty to another woman for me would be telling her not to step in the mud. As for naked pictures? Now at this point in my life, that would be just sad to see.

Tough to deal with at the time but a hell of a lot better off in the long run. I've been with the love of my life for 33 years. Talking dirty to another woman for me would be telling her not to step in the mud. As for naked pictures? Now at this point in my life, that would be just sad to see.

I hear what you're saying. I have been married now for 45 years and counting. Your post did get me to thinking, though: Maybe my 70 year old body just isn't sexy enough for pictures any more.

Perish the thought.

I hear what you're saying. I have been married now for 45 years and counting. Your post did get me to thinking, though: Maybe my 70 year old body just isn't sexy enough for pictures any more.

Perish the thought.

I lol'd... sorry, ditto. I needed that laugh.

Perish the thought.

I'm on the long side of 49. Been blown up twice and shot once, all in combat. Just had another knee surgery and laid up in the bed right now with a bottle of Oxycodone. I hate the way they make me feel. They don't help the pain so much as they just make you not give a crap about it. I have more scars and crooked bones, that if anyone other than my wife saw me naked they'd call 911 and report a zombie. Too many years jumping out of perfectly good airplanes and doing things that sane people wouldn't do after I got on the ground. I would do it all again though.

Somewhat depends on the meaning of "sexting". I don't think sexting is necessarily cheating. Anymore than posting on anonymous boards is cheating.

But if you get more involved it could be cheating. Pictures are probably going too far. Meeting is DEFINITELY going to far. Harmless flirtation? eh. no biggie. Emotional involvement? biggie.

oh - personally - I have no interest in sexting. But I can see where people can do it without it being cheating.

Whether or not it's cheating, sexting is just a waste.

If I'm going to cheat on my girlfriend, it's going to be with a box of kleenex, a bottle of lotion, and a Girls Gone Wild DVD.

Whether or not it's cheating, sexting is just a waste.

If I'm going to cheat on my girlfriend, it's going to be with a box of kleenex, a bottle of lotion, and a Girls Gone Wild DVD.
TMI. And that's not cheating, that's lunchtime.

Embrace it. Become one with the vision.

Oh, and to make it more clear, I forward ahead through much of it and just watch girl-girl scenes.
One hand for you and one for the remote.

You put the remote down when you get to the good stuff. Left hand is for the kleenex. I don't like to make a mess.
I'm sure your mother would approve, or maybe not in this case.

Deceit and betrayal destroys trust.

No trust = no relationship anyway so if you have that little respect for your partner to begin with then do them a favour and end it. They deserve better.

Yet some, even though these risks are involved, do engage in cheating. As long as no one is hurt (and the partner not knowing is not hurt technically) people do not feel remorse neither. According to this study they feel "Cheater's High" if uncaught and no one is hurt from their unethical acts.

Explains why people take the risks and may continue to do so. It is this great "Cheater's High."

References:

Ruedy, N., Moore, C., Gino, F., & Schweitzer, M. E. (2013). The cheater's high: The unexpected affective benefits of unethical behavior. SSRN Electronic Journal, ; DOI: 10.2139/ssrn.2112614; Retrieved from: Dishonest deeds lead to 'cheater's high,' as long as no one gets hurt, study finds .

Is Sexting cheating on your partner. In polls men are less apt to think this is a form of cheating. Women on the other hand, like over 80% think it is cheating on a partner. Your take?
Depends. If I'm doing it, no. If she's doing it, yes. And, if she finds out I'm doing it, most definitely.

Is Sexting cheating on your partner. In polls men are less apt to think this is a form of cheating. Women on the other hand, like over 80% think it is cheating on a partner. Your take?

It is cheating on your partner, MMC. It is emotional abandonment.

It is cheating on your partner, MMC. It is emotional abandonment.

Not if they approve/give permission of the action. It's only cheating if you are doing it behind their backs.

Can't imagine a lot of people in committed relationships would be ok with that. :shrug:

You obviously lead a very sheltered life. The difference between the cheating monos and us polys is that we don't cheat because we do talk and get approvals from our current relationship(s) before adding another. Mind like like any other rule there are exceptions (i.e. cheating has occured even among long term poly relationship) as well as the idiots who want to try to claim poly as an excuse for their cheating.

If it isn't it's certainly a stepping stone towards it.

It's a massive breach of faith and trust.

Not if they approve/give permission of the action. It's only cheating if you are doing it behind their backs.

True. I was answering under the assumption that they would not know, and if they did, that one continued even though they did not approve.

You obviously lead a very sheltered life. The difference between the cheating monos and us polys is that we don't cheat because we do talk and get approvals from our current relationship(s) before adding another. Mind like like any other rule there are exceptions (i.e. cheating has occured even among long term poly relationship) as well as the idiots who want to try to claim poly as an excuse for their cheating.

How do you feel that I've led a sheltered life? Just because I think that most long-term monogamous relationships wouldn't be OK with sexting? That's not being sheltered. That's just stating opinion. I didn't say that they didn't cheat - I just said that most wouldn't be OK with it.

Back
Top Bottom