• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Sexting Cheating on your Partner?

From a health perspective this is a no-brainer. Physical adultery can result from dangerous STD's. Masturbating from the thoughts of a person who lives thousands of miles away from you offers no immediate physical harm to you or your spouse.

The issue of cheating is strictly about the physical harm. From your description you are cheating on your wife with the sexting/cybering. This is because you lack the approval of your wife, at least so it reads from your description. Now in the end it doesn't really matter to me as I am not directly involved. I am poly and some people say that that is cheating, yet all my relationships are aware and approve of each other, and I don't engage in a relationship unless I have the knowledge and approve of all their other relationship. Ultimately, it belongs to the opinion of the two of you as to whether you are cheating or not. If she doesn't think so even if she doesn't like it then you are not.

Yes sexting is cheating, having a sexual fantasy is the same as sleeping with someone outside your relationship.

Yes sexting is cheating, having a sexual fantasy is the same as sleeping with someone outside your relationship.

Even if you have permission to do so?

Back
Top Bottom