• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Sexting Cheating on your Partner?

My Rule of Thumb:

When one puts themselves in a position or situation that 'could' lead to infidelity, they are in fact cheating. Even if it's strictly cerebral.

I think you're cheating anytime you wouldn't tell your spouse what you're doing because they would likely consider it cheating.

Is Sexting cheating on your partner. In polls men are less apt to think this is a form of cheating. Women on the other hand, like over 80% think it is cheating on a partner. Your take?

Men and women have different rules and standards of faithfulness. Women feel more betrayed if you unintentionally fall in love with someone without their knowledge than if you sleep with someone you never cared about. Men might not like it that she secretly developed feelings for another guy but its not the end of the world as long as she doesn't sleep with him.

Men and women have different rules and standards of faithfulness. Women feel more betrayed if you unintentionally fall in love with someone without their knowledge than if you sleep with someone you never cared about. Men might not like it that she secretly developed feelings for another guy but its not the end of the world as long as she doesn't sleep with him.

Heya Sméagol. :2wave: Yeah.....well for many it is a line that cannot be crossed. As they will end a relationship over it if they can.

Now when a relationship is falling apart. Do you think either should be texting another. If they are still living with each other and still sleeping in the same bed?

Heya Sméagol. :2wave: Yeah.....well for many it is a line that cannot be crossed. As they will end a relationship over it if they can.

Now when a relationship is falling apart. Do you think either should be texting another. If they are still living with each other and still sleeping in the same bed?

I think guys (maybe ladies too) think the are good at playing with fire while not getting burned. They honestly might think they can have a safe distance cyber love life and it never go any further than texting and thus in their minds it was never cheating because they never had any in person contact with the person. However, as we saw with Carlos Danger it can be a slippery slope leading to inappropriate photographs and plans to set up a romantic getaway secret vacation home in Chicago that probably would have been acquired for the purposes of physical encounters had he not been caught first.

And to answer your question, no. One of my outlets/past-times is Words with Friends sometimes with ladies I've never met. I never get inappropriate with anyone, not even using inappropriate words that could help me win. If somebody gets flirty with me, which has happened a few times, I don't play them anymore.

I think what is or is not cheating is entirely dependent on the expectations of your partner. The most important thing is to communicate with your partner and understand what they are or aren't okay with. Cheating is betraying their trust and straying. Whatever they aren't okay with, if you do it, that's cheating. To some people, the line is in different places. Understanding where that line is will help a lot more than attempting to find universal rules of thumb.

Is Sexting cheating on your partner. In polls men are less apt to think this is a form of cheating. Women on the other hand, like over 80% think it is cheating on a partner. Your take?

Cheating.

People can rationalize most anything in order to justify their behavior. Infidelity does not simply begin at the moment of penetration. It starts LONG before that, and it doesn't even have to include sex to be an act of betrayal.

Sure, it's easy to claim that sexting isn't cheating because the bodies aren't in actual contact, but I would imagine that even those trying to claim this know better.

That's up to your spouse.

How about staring down a women's behind as she goes by with your eyes not moving? Women show cleavage and then cover up their goodies when man stares. Sitting on a park bench, .... ,eyeing ...... And women don't do it. Watch them at a wrestling match.

How about staring down a women's behind as she goes by with your eyes not moving? Women show cleavage and then cover up their goodies when man stares. Sitting on a park bench, .... ,eyeing ...... And women don't do it. Watch them at a wrestling match.

Well there is those goilz that do like to stare......Just sayin. Are they cheating if they are involved with another?

BILD1_T14158.jpg

th

chippendales-44a.jpg

These "reviews" would be different of course. They call them "girls" nights out. Watch the girls gone wild when the males are wearing "socks" around their anatomy.

Well there is those goilz that do like to stare......Just sayin. Are they cheating if they are involved with another?

BILD1_T14158.jpg

th

chippendales-44a.jpg

So what about kissing another of the opposite sex when involved with a relationship or marriage? How many have best friends that they give a kiss to?

Now what if one was to see if their significant other or spouse kiss another woman or guy on the lips? Not a kiss on the cheek or forehead. But a kiss on the lips. That they always do this with one another?

That the friends accepts this and do not feel that it threatens another's relationship.

I don't know if sexting is cheating on your partner - that would depend on how your partner feels. What it is, however, without a doubt, is cheating on yourself. How utterly devoid of self-respect do you have to be to behave like Anthony Weiner? And if there's anything lower on the scale than Anthony Weiner, it's the Mrs. who prostitutes herself in front of the public and the media to "stand by" her pathetic excuse of a husband.

I don't think there's a heterosexual human who doesn't admire the anatomy of the opposite sex from time to time....but there's a difference between sneaking a peak and actually making contact with that person.

I don't know.....maybe I'm just getting old, but I don't even look as much as I used to. It's kind of liberating actually.

In essense, it is. It is a form of sexual pleasure undertaken with someone other than the person you made exclusive commitment to.

If I found out my husband was sexting, or if he were sending questionable emails, I'd be just as hurt and angry as I would be if I found out here were cheating physically.

So my answer is YES I believe it's cheating.

If I found out my husband was sexting, or if he were sending questionable emails, I'd be just as hurt and angry as I would be if I found out here were cheating physically.

So my answer is YES I believe it's cheating.

Heya SF. :2wave: What about like with this situation?

So what about kissing another of the opposite sex when involved with a relationship or marriage? How many have best friends that they give a kiss to?

Now what if one was to see if their significant other or spouse kiss another woman or guy on the lips? Not a kiss on the cheek or forehead. But a kiss on the lips. That they always do this with one another?

That the friends accepts this and do not feel that it threatens another's relationship.

Yes, I believe that sexting is cheating. Even if there is no physical contact, the act of talking with someone about sex or being erotic with them is cheating.

Heya SF. :2wave: What about like with this situation?

Well if I saw my big, burly, 20 year Army MP kiss another guy on the lips, I don't know what I would do. :lol: I think it wouldn't happen. But if I saw him kiss another woman on the lips, even as a friend, I think I'd have issue with it. That being said, we've been married for 17 years, and I've not seen it happen at all.

My husband is a photographer, and shoots models all the time. I am not jealous, as he spends several hours per shoot with scantily clad beautiful women. But if I saw him kissing them, I'd be pissed - even if they were just his models.

Kissing on the cheek is fine. I'd have no problem with that. Kissing on the lips, though, is intimate, and I'd have a problem with it.

Well if I saw my big, burly, 20 year Army MP kiss another guy on the lips, I don't know what I would do. :lol: I think it wouldn't happen. But if I saw him kiss another woman on the lips, even as a friend, I think I'd have issue with it. That being said, we've been married for 17 years, and I've not seen it happen at all.

My husband is a photographer, and shoots models all the time. I am not jealous, as he spends several hours per shoot with scantily clad beautiful women. But if I saw him kissing them, I'd be pissed - even if they were just his models.

Kissing on the cheek is fine. I'd have no problem with that. Kissing on the lips, though, is intimate, and I'd have a problem with it.

:lol: Ya knows.....I guess I wouldn't have the same reaction if it was my OL kissing another woman. :shock: Wonder why that is?
thinking.gif
I would have the same thought if I saw my brother kiss another guy. Not that I could ever see it happening.

When I was single and dating this one chick. She had a friend she grew up with. Would give him a kiss on the lips. To me it was like she wanted to or that it was important that she didn't forget to. Be like in another room and would have to come and personally say goodbye or something. It was deal breaker with me back then even being single.

This sounds familiar. I think it happens more than people care to admit.

I was married 15 years and...Yeah.

This guy did this on his wife's birthday!? Unfreakingbelievable.

I hope she's very happy now and has found someone that treats her with respect.

This is the great part. In fact, all she ever says about the ex now is that he did her the greatest favor of her life. Classy, gracious...and true. Before that there came a night when she went into the garage to commit suicide by carbon monoxide, but she kept looking at her dogs, realized they might not be found in time, and walked back into the house.

Five months later she was married to to her best friend's husband's best friend, whom she'd never met. Seven years and going strong, and grandbabies. (An abortion in her 20's had taken her fertility, so this is great fun with few responsibilities.) And in addition to adoring her, her husband is a self-made man who still works hard and appreciates success.

He's very "comfortable" now. but he grew up eating robin stew because sometimes as little kids that's all he and his brothers could shoot to eat. Ah, my friend is livin' the life. They helicopter in to some cool salmon fishing spot every August and have a Cobra Mustang parked in one of the barns next to two Shelbys and the Harleys. Oh, and that piece-of-crap first husband? I heard just this week that he's marrying for the third time. I wish him all the marital success he deserves. :mrgreen:

My first wife cheated on me....it was the best thing she ever did. It didn't feel that way at the time...but four years after I walked away from that marriage I met, fell in love, and married a great person.

We've been married for 13 years now and we are still best friends.

I forgave my ex a long time ago

If those with whom you are involved in a relationship of that nature are not aware of what you are doing then yes it is cheating. If they are aware and approve then no.

Yes, it is. Maybe not physically, but emotionally you have already left your partner.

Yes, it is. Maybe not physically, but emotionally you have already left your partner.

I agree..if you need to sext..you are obviously not trustworthy...

Caught one of my guys doing it once..

Tips to guys ''Delete texts that you don't want your partner to see!!''

Back
Top Bottom