• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Making Anti-Muslim Comments Bigoted[W:92,185]

I think everyone should probably watch this:

Seems a Fox host is being called a bigot for voicing some anti-Muslim opinions.
Bob Beckel: 'If It Were Up To Me, I Would Not Have Another Mosque Built In This Country Until We' Knew Who Were 'Terrorists' (VIDEO)

I'm not so sure.

Example1:

I agree.

Example 2:

Unconstitutional. So that's a non-sequitor. But, what happened in that Nigerian school is one reason I personally would like to see radical Musllim groups like Boko Haram wiped off the face of the earth.

Is hating on radical Muslims bigoted? I think not. Is being suspicious of all Muslims until sure they are not radicals bigoted? Borderline issue, IMO.

Of course it is. Theres zero evidence of large islamic representation in acts of terror. Therefore definitions should be narrowed to encompass groups within the great religion of islam, rather than short handing a quarter of the planet.

Many would argue that is the same with Islam though. That is my point. The Koran calls for them to kill the infidel where they stand.

I've asked you before and you didn't respond. I'll ask you again, David. Have you read the Koran? How well do you know it? You assert yourself as somewhat of an authority regarding the Koran and Islam. I'd be interested to know your background as it relates to your speaking with authority on the subject.

What your "analogy" leaves off the table is scale. Violence committed in the name of Islam DWARFS violence committed in the name of Christianity.

I honestly don't know how you know that, Jack. I don't know it and I'll tell you that up front. It would be grand if you could validate your assertion.

Is Making Anti-Muslim Comments Bigoted

I honestly don't know how you know that, Jack. I don't know it and I'll tell you that up front. It would be grand if you could validate your assertion.

YEAH!? How could he possibly know that!? Papers, TV, Radio, Internet. I think unless you either live in a cave or in some parallel bizzaro world dimension where everything is backwards, it is impossible NOT to know that.

Is it bigoted? Let's play with that comment and find out!

"If it were up to me, I would not have another Synogogue built in this country until we knew who was conducting ponzi schemes."

"If it were up to me, I would not have another Church built in this country until we knew who intended to kill abortion doctors."

YEAH!? How could he possibly know that!? Papers, TV, Radio, Internet. I think unless you either live in a cave or in some parallel bizzaro world dimension where everything is backwards, it is impossible NOT to know that.

Give me proof, PB. Give me numbers and data. Show me. I'll read it. So far what you are telling me is that US media says it so it must be so. But even then I don't know that I have ever read or heard the new media say "Violence committed in the name of Islam DWARFS violence committed in the name of Christianity" or anything similar. If they did you've obviously read and heard it often. The media would certainly have to provide facts and data or you wouldn't have simply taken their word for it. Well how about sourcing it with sources providing data. That's all I am asking.

If you say it is true then you've seen facts I have not seen. Please share the information that convinced you and maybe I'll be convinced. Thanks in advance.

"If it were up to me, I would not have another Synogogue built in this country until we knew who was conducting ponzi schemes."

"If it were up to me, I would not have another Church built in this country until we knew who intended to kill abortion doctors."
The US doesn't seem to be in a global war against Ponzi schemes or anti-abortion zealots. But, point taken.

Of course it is. Theres zero evidence of large islamic representation in acts of terror. Therefore definitions should be narrowed to encompass groups within the great religion of islam, rather than short handing a quarter of the planet.

Probably correct.

Being intolerant of another because of your prejudice on the basis of their religion, ethnicity, gender, etc. is bigotry. so the answer is yes.

Except there is Nothing in Hebrew tradition or scripture prescribing Ponzi Schemes....
and Nothing in Christian scripture about abortion, much less killing practioners thereof. In fact, 'turn the other cheek' is the guiding principle.

OTOH, there IS Scriptural justification for Jihad in Islam, and people ARE killed Daily in the Name of Islam, from Mauritania to Mindinao.
'Kill them wherever you find them' rather than 'turn the other cheek'.
Mohammed a warlord, Jesus a non-violent reformer.

More people are killed on Many SINGLE DAYS in the Name of Islam than have died in 30 YEARS of abortion clinic violence.

It's so Lopsided [quantatively], and Non-analogous scripturally, it's disingenuous to even make the comparison.

Last edited:
Bob Beckel: 'If It Were Up To Me, I Would Not Have Another Mosque Built In This Country Until We' Knew Who Were 'Terrorists' (VIDEO)

I'm not so sure.

Example1:

I agree.

Example 2:

Unconstitutional. So that's a non-sequitor. But, what happened in that Nigerian school is one reason I personally would like to see radical Musllim groups like Boko Haram wiped off the face of the earth.

Is hating on radical Muslims bigoted? I think not. Is being suspicious of all Muslims until sure they are not radicals bigoted? Borderline issue, IMO.

Yes you and the commentator are bigots. There are two billion Muslims. Well under a million are "terrorists," less than .005%

Except there is Nothing in Hebrew tradition or scripture prescribing Ponzi Schemes....
and Nothing in Christian scripture about abortion, much less killing practioners thereof. In fact, 'turn the other cheek' is the guiding principle.

OTOH, there IS Scriptural justification for Jihad in Islam, and people ARE killed Daily in the Name of Islam, from Mauritania to Mindinao.
'Kill them wherever you find them' rather than 'turn the other cheek'.
Mohammed a warlord, Jesus a non-violent reformer.

More people are killed on Many SINGLE DAYS in the Name of Islam than have died in 30 YEARS of abortion clinic violence.

It's so Lopsided [quantatively], and Non-analogous scripturally, it's disingenuous to even make the comparison.

damn man. you go on about antisemitism and you are happy to slander muslims en masse. youre incredibly bigoted and repugnant.

prove what you just said. all i know is americas actions led to 100 000 deaths and israel kills 10 times as many palestinian civilians as the other way around. israel has been involved in every war in the middle east since it began. i dont really think you can act like american interventionalism hasnt cost lives, or that zionist (or whatever you want to call it) pressure hasnt created these killing fields full of dead americans, jihaadis, insurgents and civilians.

Last edited:
mbig said:
Thinkforyoursel said:
damn man. you go on about antisemitism and you are happy to slander muslims en masse. youre incredibly bigoted and repugnant.

prove what you just said.

It's rather Stunning/Hypocritical/Laughable in the extreme you asking for "proof" when you Fanned on EVERY ONE of your Ridiculous Lies about Zionism; (Slavery, Genocide, Death of Millions, etc), despite my Challenge to do so.
No proof or even evidence, just the Clownish cat call 'what other people think'.

Of course, unlike your Empty Bag of Manure posts, I Can prove my assertions.
"Slander" is only Untruths, like ALL of Your hollow trash.

Abortion Deaths:
Anti-abortion violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I count a Total of NINE Deaths. 8 in the USA, 1 in Australia.
Double it if you like, I got Plenty of room in my Truth.

OTOH, and as Claimed by me...
Small Excerpts from a List of Attacks in the Name of Islam [only] in the last 30 days.
That is, Religiously motivated attacks by Muslims against non-Muslims or other sects of Islam only.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks said:
Too many to post even for a mere 30 days
Without detailing the Extensive monthly list of Muslim Carnage (triple digits) that would take 3 or 4 posts, I count 38 Single Events in the last 30 DAYS alone in which 10 or more people were Murdered in the Name of Islam.
Of course, on my more modest allegation of Totals in a day, it's probably MOST Days because on average there are multiple (3, 4, 5, or even 6+) attacks Daily that can be added up to hit double digits. (Larger than 9)
ie, 89 People died in 14 Religiously motivated attacks in 8 countries on 6/26 alone!
That 10x the number of abortion deaths in just ONE Day!

So not only did I "prove it", I BURIED IT as well as your Goofy slander about my alleged 'slander', after your previous ridiculous ones about Zionism for which you had ZERO proof.

Last edited:

I'm not so sure.

Example1:

I agree.

Example 2:

Actually they might be getting even with us. I mean the Christians slaughtering millions during the Crusades and the U S going over to the middle east in the 30's and beginning to steal their oil and idiots like Bush attacking one of their oil countries and slaughtering 150,000-200,000 innocent Iraqis...are you ****tin me? It should be against the law for a Christian to even utter the word Muslim.

Actually they might be getting even with us. I mean the Christians slaughtering millions during the Crusades and the U S going over to the middle east in the 30's and beginning to steal their oil and idiots like Bush attacking one of their oil countries and slaughtering 150,000-200,000 innocent Iraqis...are you ****tin me? It should be against the law for a Christian to even utter the word Muslim.

Don't forget Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen and drones and the reality that they have relatives there and know what is really going on and how it does not fit in with what our 'Democratic' Parliaments say and Syria of course.

I'm not so sure.

Example1:

I agree.

Example 2:

I think that hating anyone is wrong. Better to hate what leads them to do evil.

Also, we all need to take a look at a cruel truth. Militant, aggressive Islam is in no wise "radical." It is Traditional Islam in a state of revival. This is in a wide sense Islam as most of the world's Muslims perceive it.

A Muslim who truly wishes to live in peace, equality and amity with his neighbors of differing faiths and who sees that as a tenant of his religion has departed radically from the teachings of Mohammad. (Which is to say, under the auspices of Traditional, globally mainstream Islam, he has strayed from the unalterable commandments and direct word of Allah, and is a heretic worthy of death.)

Give me proof, PB. Give me numbers and data. Show me. I'll read it. So far what you are telling me is that US media says it so it must be so. But even then I don't know that I have ever read or heard the new media say "Violence committed in the name of Islam DWARFS violence committed in the name of Christianity" or anything similar. If they did you've obviously read and heard it often. The media would certainly have to provide facts and data or you wouldn't have simply taken their word for it. Well how about sourcing it with sources providing data. That's all I am asking.

If you say it is true then you've seen facts I have not seen. Please share the information that convinced you and maybe I'll be convinced. Thanks in advance.

Maybe you don't know what "DWARFS" means. Let me clue you in. "Dwarf" means "really small. The fact that violence in the name of Allah dwarfs violence in the name of Christ is evidenced by the fact that there are holy wars, beheadings, bombings, riots and general mayhem in the name of Allah but not in the name of Christ. You can't even argue this. Tell you what. You start tallying up the murders in the name of Christ and start deducting them from the 3,000 at 9-11. When you've used all them up, we'll start looking at the Middle East, Indonesia and Europe. I'd give you the link to "muslim beheadings" google search in news but it's so graphic that you can just look it up yourself.

The issue was acts of violence in the name of religion. Not ancient crusades. Not military actions. Killing people because they have a different religion. Let me help you out here. If you shoot someone because they are trying to kill you, that's not violence in the name of your religion. If, on the other hand, you fly planes into buildings for the glory of Allah. Well, that's violence in the name of religion. If you kidnap someone and cut their head off because they have a different religion, that's violence in the name of religion. Are you following the conversation now, Campbell?

If, on the other hand, you fly planes into buildings for the glory of Allah. Well, that's violence in the name of religion. If you kidnap someone and cut their head off because they have a different religion, that's violence in the name of religion. Are you following the conversation now, Campbell?

I would be very surprised in anyone did not condemn such acts. I would suggest you are missing the point.

From what I have read the people who flew the planes on 9/11 were not religious. I understand they were drinking heavily and visiting prostitutes in the days beforehand, hardly what a religious Muslim would be doing.

You should also consider the number of people involved in 9/11 - not many. The whole world was against that. It was called 'an act against humanity'.
The whole world would have worked to bring those responsible to justice.

How many people have been killed in revenge - hundreds of thousands.

Your choice is to blame the actions nobody could say is anything but abhorrent on all Muslims and that is far from the truth. You also fail to notice the harm which has been done to Muslims themselves and the situations which have given rise to fanatics.

Ironically the US hugely supports Saudi Arabia the country most closely related to not only 9/11 but also the fanatics - has done since Afghanistan 1. (Russian/US Afghan war)

The issue was acts of violence in the name of religion. Not ancient crusades. Not military actions. Killing people because they have a different religion. Let me help you out here. If you shoot someone because they are trying to kill you, that's not violence in the name of your religion. If, on the other hand, you fly planes into buildings for the glory of Allah. Well, that's violence in the name of religion. If you kidnap someone and cut their head off because they have a different religion, that's violence in the name of religion. Are you following the conversation now, Campbell?

What about Bush including his Christian god in the decision he made to invade Iraq...a country 10,000 miles away which had in no way harmed us? An oil country which within six months were being operated by American interests. He prayed....then his draft dodging ass caused the deaths, wounding, forced evacuation and complete annihilation of a way of life. If there is a god.....which I have no idea there is... I don't believe in 2000 year old fairy tales, Bush had better gird his loins because his surroundings for the stretch to eternity will be mighty hot.

From what I have read the people who flew the planes on 9/11 were not religious. I understand they were drinking heavily and visiting prostitutes in the days beforehand, hardly what a religious Muslim would be doing.

I work in the meat industry..we have a number of ''religious'' Muslims working there...who are at the moment fasting for Ramadan...they don't drink...they probably don't visit prostitutes...and yet will handle pork and pork products without a second thought..

I would be very surprised in anyone did not condemn such acts. I would suggest you are missing the point.

You should also consider the number of people involved in 9/11 - not many. The whole world was against that. It was called 'an act against humanity'.
The whole world would have worked to bring those responsible to justice.

How many people have been killed in revenge - hundreds of thousands.

Your choice is to blame the actions nobody could say is anything but abhorrent on all Muslims and that is far from the truth. You also fail to notice the harm which has been done to Muslims themselves and the situations which have given rise to fanatics.

Ironically the US hugely supports Saudi Arabia the country most closely related to not only 9/11 but also the fanatics - has done since Afghanistan 1. (Russian/US Afghan war)

I'm not missing the point at all. There are people killed in the name of Allah on a regular basis. Beheading, stoning, bombing. Not just Christians. Hindus, Budhists and even people of the wrong "faith' in Islam. You can toss out 9-11 completely, although you can't because it was, in fact part of "the Holy War" against the US by Al Queda. It was absolutely religious in nature. But toss that out completely and you're still left with literally countless acts of Muslim violence against people that don't have the right religion or practice their religion in a way that doesn't suit them.

Now go on and start tallying up the number of people slain in the same time frame because they converted from Christianity or practice a different religion than Christianity. Tell me how many people you know of killed in the name of Jesus Christ in some religious persecution and execution.

What about Bush including his Christian god in the decision he made to invade Iraq...a country 10,000 miles away which had in no way harmed us? An oil country which within six months were being operated by American interests. He prayed....then his draft dodging ass caused the deaths, wounding, forced evacuation and complete annihilation of a way of life. If there is a god.....which I have no idea there is... I don't believe in 2000 year old fairy tales, Bush had better gird his loins because his surroundings for the stretch to eternity will be mighty hot.

You just tell me where you got the notion that he "Did it for God", Campbell. Post the exact quotes he made that gives you the impression that he went over there to smite those Iraqis because they weren't practicing Christianity. Get back to me on that, will ya?

and it would be a mistake to believe his 'crusade' was an innocent mistake

Lewis's basic premise, put forward in a series of articles, talks, and bestselling books, is that the West--what used to be known as Christendom--is now in the last stages of a centuries-old struggle for dominance and prestige with Islamic civilization. (Lewis coined the term "clash of civilizations," using it in a 1990 essay titled "The Roots of Muslim Rage," and Samuel Huntington admits he picked it up from him.) Osama bin Laden, Lewis thought, must be viewed in this millennial construct as the last gasp of a losing cause, brazenly mocking the cowardice of the "Crusaders." Bin Laden's view of America as a "paper tiger" reflects a lack of respect for American power throughout the Arab world. And if we Americans, who trace our civilizational lineage back to the Crusaders, flagged now, we would only invite future attacks. Bin Laden was, in this view, less an aberrant extremist than a mainstream expression of Muslim frustration, welling up from the anti-Western nature of Islam. "I have no doubt that September 11 was the opening salvo of the final battle," Lewis told me in an interview last spring. Hence the only real answer to 9/11 was a decisive show of American strength in the Arab world; the only way forward, a Kemalist conquest of hearts and minds. And the most obvious place to seize the offensive and end the age-old struggle was in the heart of the Arab world, in Iraq.

This way of thinking had the remarkable virtue of appealing powerfully to both the hard-power enthusiasts in the administration, principally Bush and Donald Rumsfeld, who came into office thinking that the soft Clinton years had made America an easy target and who yearned to send a post-9/11 message of strength; and to neoconservatives from the first Bush administration such as Paul Wolfowitz, who were looking for excuses to complete their unfinished business with Saddam from 1991 and saw 9/11 as the ultimate refutation of the "realist" response to the first Gulf War. Leaving Saddam in power in '91, betraying the Shiites, and handing Kuwait back to its corrupt rulers had been classic realism: Stability was all. But it turned out that the Arab world wasn't stable, it was seething. No longer could the Arabs be an exception to the rule of post-Cold War democratic transformation, merely a global gas station. The Arabs had to change too, fundamentally, just as Lewis (and Ataturk) had said. But change had to be shoved down their throats--Arab tribal culture understood only force and was too resistant to change, Lewis thought--and it had to happen quickly. This, in turn, required leaving behind Islam's anti-modern obsessions.

full article

"Bernard Lewis Revisited" by Michael Hirsh

Back
Top Bottom