• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Dr. Ben Carson electable?

LOL

Right, your opinion is a more accurate one because in your opinion Carson's remarks are bat**** crazy.

You have to be bat**** crazy to think that makes sense. :cool:

Well, if you say that America is "very much like Nazi Germany" than you are bat **** crazy iMHO.

If you truly think that

You know, you had a government using its tools to intimidate the population. We now live in a society where people are afraid to say what they actually believe. And it’s because of the PC police, it’s because of politicians, it’s because of news. All of these things are combining to stifle people’s conversation. The reason that is so horrible is because the only way you have harmony and reach a consensus is by talking. But if, in fact, people are afraid to talk, you never reach consensus. And instead you grow further and further apart. And that’s exactly what’s happening, creating a horrible schism that will destroy our nation.

In the US people do not reach consensus by talking is because neither side is willing to compromise, it has nothing to do with "political correctness". You reach consensus by the moderates of both sides communicating by being honest and respectful, that is not political correctness but moderate and cooperative politicians working together.

In fact that problem is that the 2 sides have been so politically incorrect/extreme that it is very difficult to move past that divisive rhetoric that solves nothing but creates lack of willingness to work together.

Also, Nazi Germany did not use "tools to intimidate the population", they killed and incarcerated their opponents.

Well, if you say that America is "very much like Nazi Germany" than you are bat **** crazy iMHO.

If you truly think that

In the US people do not reach consensus by talking is because neither side is willing to compromise, it has nothing to do with "political correctness". You reach consensus by the moderates of both sides communicating by being honest and respectful, that is not political correctness but moderate and cooperative politicians working together.

In fact that problem is that the 2 sides have been so politically incorrect/extreme that it is very difficult to move past that divisive rhetoric that solves nothing but creates lack of willingness to work together.

Also, Nazi Germany did not use "tools to intimidate the population", they killed and incarcerated their opponents.

Each is entitled to their opinion. I believe the government has been using it's tools to intimidate and silence the population. It can be a simple as creating the pejorative label of "denier" and using it publicly against who dare to question the AGW agenda. Or, it can be as complex as using government agencies to intimidate and silence the population.

As you pointed out, the atmosphere has become so extreme that there are those who feel compelled to speak out about it and warn of previous periods in history when such tactics were used. Apparently doing so elicits a reaction designed to silence them as well. Calling such a person bat**** crazy because they are speaking the truth certainly falls in that category.

I like Dr Carson and believe he would kick Hillary's butt in a general election. I am just not sure he could win the GOP nomination.
What are your thoughts?

Dr. Carson has been the subject of a number of threads on this forum.

The only way that this far-right guy will ever see the inside of the White House is as a visitor.

But don't let that stop you from voting for him.

Dr. Carson has been the subject of a number of threads on this forum.

The only way that this far-right guy will ever see the inside of the White House is as a visitor.

But don't let that stop you from voting for him.

Your just saying that because you're afraid of a Black Conservative in the White House. :cool:

Another conservative bringing up race. No, but a extremely conservative anything that thinks homosexuals and chicken****ers are morally equilvent is pretty damn scary. At least to normal people.
Your just saying that because you're afraid of a Black Conservative in the White House. :cool:

I get a kick out of you lefties.......You would rather elect Hillary. One of the most corruptable politicians to ever hit Washington...What a joke...
Haven't you lefties had enough with Obama?

No, but we've seen all that we want to see of the Bush clan from now until the end of time.:roll:

See,
I don't see how that is a problem.
I keep hearing "no experience", at this point I would consider that a good thing. Personally I think the young Earth Creationist thing is overblown. He's a doctor. I don't know that he actually believes what people say he does, I think it is a reach to disqualify someone who far exceeds what we have now. One of our biggest issues is health care costs, Obamacare has done nothing but drive up costs and still leave millions uninsured. But hey, he did SOMETHING, right? I'd much rather have someone who understands the system in order to make changes without it all being political. I'm tired of politicians. We need someone who can think, consult the right people, and take effective action. I do that every day and I'm not a politician. I don't think you need experience as a corrupt politician to lead, in fact quite the opposite. Next we'll hear that he has no foriegn policy experience. Hillary does, look where that got us. And then there is Obama, Mr. "I'm pulling out the troops" and then going back in while wordsmithing to avoid admitting how ineffective he has been so far. What would be wrong with a thoughtful leader who would listen to (gasp) military leaders concerning foreign affairs? But hey, let's keep electing career politicians that have already proven themselves to be ineffective liars. Yeah, that's a much better idea.

It's just one of the many things that will keep this guy out of the White House.

Another conservative bringing up race. No, but a extremely conservative anything that thinks homosexuals and chicken****ers are morally equilvent is pretty damn scary. At least to normal people.

Come now, certainly the left can take as well as it gives.

I don't recall reading anything about Dr. Carson stating that homosexuals and chicken****ers are morally the same. Please post that link.

And what do you suppose he is going to do?
Will he force you to accept his beliefs? We have a president who doesn't think extreme Islam is a problem and thinks it is perfectly fine to kill children. Are you afraid he (Carson) is going to pen an executive order to make you believe what he does? Speaking of denying reality, do you believe Benghazi was the result of a video? Or that ISIS is the JV team and we have nothing to worry about from them?

He's going to do whatever he wants to do, but he's not going to do it from the White House.

++

Obama was a community organizer.

Carson was a brain surgeon......

A little difference in intelligence wouldn't you say?

A huge difference in electability. That's what I see.

I already did somewhere back in the thread.
Come now, certainly the left can take as well as it gives.

I don't recall reading anything about Dr. Carson stating that homosexuals and chicken****ers are morally the same. Please post that link.

I like Dr Carson and believe he would kick Hillary's butt in a general election. I am just not sure he could win the GOP nomination. What are your thoughts?

He's not fit to be a Commander in Chief. He seems like a good man, too extreme for my taste though...but he's like Obama. We are at a time when foreign policy leads the way, and Obama's lack of leadership is destroying us. Carson would just be another inexperienced dude dragging us down.

The left is scared to death of Dr. Carson.

The left isn't scared of Carson, He'll never see the inside of the White House except as a guest.

The fact that some people on the right support this guy just shows how wacky they are. :roll:

Wait and see.

one of the least socially competent people I know is a brain surgeon. And he is 64 and lives with his Mom. Just sayin. No, I am sure Carson is unelectable. He is far enough right to get the nomination, but he could be too far right for the establishment Repubs to allow it. then there are the nearly crazy things he says, like America is like Nazi Germany because people are afraid to say things, and one of my other favorites... “My thoughts are that marriage is between a man and a woman. It’s a well-established, fundamental pillar of society, and no group — be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality — it doesn’t matter what they are — they don’t get to change the definition.”
~Ben Carson, comparing same-sex marriage to bestiality and pedophilia, April 2013.

Normal people (about 70% American Voters is my WAG) do not compare homosexuals to pedophiles and chicken****ers. They just dont.
That leaves Carson a voting base of the whacky far right about 30% of the voters.

Which will keep him out of the White House.

Among the major networks of course. But I'm not interested in debating about the media.

No? You claim Fox is the only fair media source and then state you're not interested in debating the media? Laughable.

Yes. He is a genius. Problem is he's droopy eyed and slow to speak. Most American's vote on looks.

The Look of a Winner - Scientific American

"These results have been obtained for U.S. Senate and gubernatorial elections, as well as elections in Australia, Finland, France, Ireland, Mexico, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. In the case of gubernatorial and Senate elections, for example, the proportion of respondents who judged a candidate to be more competent-looking (than his or her rival) was positively related to that person’s vote share. Further, the predictive power of these facial judgments is largely independent of candidate familiarity, gender, race, incumbency, attractiveness and age. This discovery suggests that voters rely heavily on facial appearance when choosing which candidate to elect, and in particular, on what these cues seem to indicate about leadership qualities."

Then there's that 'dinosaur' thing.

Back
Top Bottom