• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Dr. Ben Carson electable?

What an irrelevant tirade. :roll:

If someone is a Young Earth Creationist, it shows the person in question is willing to deny reality for Religious dogma. That is a dangerous trait to have as a President.

And what do you suppose he is going to do? Will he force you to accept his beliefs? We have a president who doesn't think extreme Islam is a problem and thinks it is perfectly fine to kill children. Are you afraid he (Carson) is going to pen an executive order to make you believe what he does? Speaking of denying reality, do you believe Benghazi was the result of a video? Or that ISIS is the JV team and we have nothing to worry about from them?

I like Dr Carson and believe he would kick Hillary's butt in a general election. I am just not sure he could win the GOP nomination. What are your thoughts?

Don't think he has any shot what so ever. He has absolutely no political experience. No high level executive experience. No background in dealing with foreign entities. ANYONE who complained about Obama's lack of experience but doesn't utter a similar condemnation and worry with Carson shows themselves to be nothing but a transparent partisan, as Carson has significantly less experience than Obama...who was the least experienced man to reach the Presidency ever.

He's an eloquently speaking ideologue that has shown nothing to suggest he actually can formulate a policy argument, especially foreign policy, that is beyond platitudes and fluff and he absolutely can't provide tangible examples of him enacting such things to a positive fashion. I think his amazing derth of foreign experience becomes all the more problematic for him in the primaries and the general if the issues regarding Russia and ISIS continue into the run up to 2016.

He has a sliver of a chance because he's in the race and has some supporters, but realistically I think he has no shot at all. I think Carly Fiorina likely has a better chance as a non-politician than he does, and I think she's got a very poor shot at it as is.

And what do you suppose he is going to do? Will he force you to accept his beliefs? We have a president who doesn't think extreme Islam is a problem and thinks it is perfectly fine to kill children. Are you afraid he (Carson) is going to pen an executive order to make you believe what he does? Speaking of denying reality, do you believe Benghazi was the result of a video? Or that ISIS is the JV team and we have nothing to worry about from them?

Why are you so insisted on bringing up subjects that are not Dr.Carson? Obama, Benghazi, ACA, etc. All of that is an aside you are throwing in for literally no reason at all. I already stated why I fear for a YCE being in public office. How anyone could elect a guy who can look past mountains of evidence and have their world view dictated by the book of Genesis shows a clear defect in basic decision making and logic.

How much experience did Obama have and Carson is no community organizer.

Political Experience:

Illinois State Senator for 7 years (1997 to 2004)
United States Senator for 3 years (2005 to 2008)

So 10 more years of political experience at any level, and 3 more years at a federal level, than Ben Carson has had.

You're right, Ben Carson is no community organizer. NOT being something that Obama was doesn't make him qualified nor does it mean he has experience.

In talking about electability as well, Obama had more experience in terms of running and handling a campaign.

Campaign experience:

3 Illinois State Senate campaigns (won 3)
1 House of Representatives campaign (lost)
1 US Senate campaign (won)

If one of the primary arguments an individual had against Barack Obama was that he was inexperienced, then supporting Ben Carson basically highlights that said individuals arguments were hollow bull**** lacking any principle and were simply excuses made to not simply be upfront and open about the only reason why they didn't support Barack Obama...because he was a democrat. To claim one reason to not support Obama was his lack of experience, and to turn around and support a man even more woefully inexperienced, shows that the initial claim was simply political theater and nothing more.

it's not his lack of government experience that runs against him.. it's his lack of political experience.

he's anti-PC when he speaks his mind... and that alone will doom him in the battle of soundbites.

if he runs, mark my words... you will have people argue that he hates children, he hates education, he hates science, he hates gays, and he hates women.... and he isn't politically skilled enough to effectively battle against such nonsense.

I can't/won't vote for him , so this isn't me supporting him... it's just me saying what i think.

Excellent point regarding part of the issue regarding political savy and experience and it's impact on an election, and thus ones electability.

I don't think he would stand a chance in in the general, nonetheless the nomination.

Why are you so insisted on bringing up subjects that are not Dr.Carson? Obama, Benghazi, ACA, etc. All of that is an aside you are throwing in for literally no reason at all. I already stated why I fear for a YCE being in public office. How anyone could elect a guy who can look past mountains of evidence and have their world view dictated by the book of Genesis shows a clear defect in basic decision making and logic.

"Literally no reason at all". Yup, there is the hyperbole of the progressive. Jump up and down, shout loudly, laugh uproarously and discount any idea that does not satisfy your agenda. Sure signs of someone hiding their true intentions. It would be more honest to just state that you afraid of Dr. Carson and honest governance.

Political Experience:

Illinois State Senator for 7 years (1997 to 2004)
United States Senator for 3 years (2005 to 2008)

So 10 more years of political experience at any level, and 3 more years at a federal level, than Ben Carson has had.

You're right, Ben Carson is no community organizer. NOT being something that Obama was doesn't make him qualified nor does it mean he has experience.

In talking about electability as well, Obama had more experience in terms of running and handling a campaign.

Campaign experience:

3 Illinois State Senate campaigns (won 3)
1 House of Representatives campaign (lost)
1 US Senate campaign (won)

If one of the primary arguments an individual had against Barack Obama was that he was inexperienced, then supporting Ben Carson basically highlights that said individuals arguments were hollow bull**** lacking any principle and were simply excuses made to not simply be upfront and open about the only reason why they didn't support Barack Obama...because he was a democrat. To claim one reason to not support Obama was his lack of experience, and to turn around and support a man even more woefully inexperienced, shows that the initial claim was simply political theater and nothing more.
++

Obama was a community organizer.

Carson was a brain surgeon......

A little difference in intelligence wouldn't you say?

++

Did nothing Zyphlin said resonate with you AT ALL.

ndt-shaking-head.gif

Its really funny. I only ask the question and all ou lefties do is attack me and few answer it... Is Carson electable? Forget how you lefties hate me for a minute.

You closet Obama lovers crack me up...No lefties like you voted for him yet he still got elected.

I voted for him the first time; not the second. My presidential vote doesn't really matter where I live.

Its really funny. I only ask the question and all ou lefties do is attack me and few answer it... Is Carson electable? Forget how you lefties hate me for a minute.

I think they are answering your question in the only way they know how. When the answer may be yes, one must deny it's existence using all possible means.

IMO, Carson is electable IF the voting public is truly fed up with the "professional" politician, and truly fed up with the MSM picking candidates for them. It's possible the voters have reached that point, or a least could reach that point by the time the election is run.

Carson's story is remarkable, and his CV is amazing.

The MSM is going to tear him, or any non-liberal/progressive candidate apart. This is evidenced by their actions with Walker and other "suspects". Should Carson be able to expose this effort by the MSM for what it is, he might get further traction.

I voted for him the first time; not the second. My presidential vote doesn't really matter where I live.

Same here and I find that irritating.

Which is entirely irrelevant to the question as to their levels of political experience

Which is entirely irrelevant to the question as to their levels of political experience

You're moving the goal posts. Your question was about experience. The post you were responding to was about political experience. My post you are responding to was about political experience. You're now focusing on intelligence. Those are not the same thing at all.

Stephen Hawking is a ****ing genius that makes Obama or Carson look like a trained monkey....he still has zero political experience.

It's been answered, by "lefties" and "righties." The answer is no.

Its not "Hate" NP....more like pity...you know the way you have an uncle that just says crazy things and you slap your head and say Doh!

Its not "Hate" NP....more like pity...you know the way you have an uncle that just says crazy things and you slap your head and say Doh!

I know its difficult for you but just answer the question...Actually was not asking a far out lefty like you. I already know your answer.

As I just zipped through the thread, 9 conservatives/right-wingers identified themselves and expressed an opinion. Of those 9, 7 said that Carson isn't electable, and 2 said he was. I've ignored all lefties expressing an opinion, since they don't count to you. What's funny is that you ignore anyone who is of a different opinion to you. To you, if someone disagrees with you, by definition they are 'lefties', even when it is proved to you, as with this post, that conservatives and other right-wingers disagree with you too.

I know its difficult for you but just answer the question...Actually was not asking a far out lefty like you. I already know your answer.

I think I already did answer the question. Is Carson electable? No...for a number of reasons. First, he will NEVER get the GOP nomination. Sorry...but that is just a simple fact. The sad reality is that the GOP is not ready to elect a black candidate. They just aren't. Even someone like Condaleeza Rice or Collin Powell would have a difficult time getting the nomination, so someone like Carson who isn't a political player in the GOP has zero chance. Even if for some unforeseen reason he gets the GOP nod, he doesn't have nationwide support to get elected in the GE.

IMO, Carson is electable IF the voting public is truly fed up with the "professional" politician, and truly fed up with the MSM picking candidates for them. It's possible the voters have reached that point, or a least could reach that point by the time the election is run.

I don't believe we've ever had a President who's never served in any government capacity in his life. Expecting someone with as little political savvy and PR self-awareness as Ben Carson to be the one who breaks the streak would be insane.

I don't believe we've ever had a President who's never served in any government capacity in his life. Expecting someone with as little political savvy and PR self-awareness as Ben Carson to be the one who breaks the streak would be insane.

The left is scared to death of Dr. Carson.

I listened to Dr Carson on the Hannity radio show today. Say what you like but the man has a plan.

Carson has already said enough tea party extremist things to doom him in any general election.

His chance of being elected President is single digits at best.

Could Sarah Palin be elected President ? Louis Gohmert ? Carson is in the same ballpark as those two wackos philosophically and policy wise.

Back
Top Bottom