• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Biden Afraid of Putin?

Is Joe Biden afraid to escalate the war in Ukraine to the point that he gives Putin too much leeway?

• Total voters
Your post was made up of babbling and no specifics relevant to this thread. And as I said, if you had specifics to offer you would have shared them by now. And the reason you haven't shared them is because you don't have any.
Many of us just figured it would be apparent .. doesn't seem to be the case with the 81 million (diminishing by the way) who selected the current administration, and looking forward to November.

Carry on ..

This is not a pissing match between Biden and Putin, it's Putin seeing how far he can go in reunifying his idea of USSR in its glory days. Putin won't risk a lot more losses before laying in a long term siege. This is a purely geopolitical strategy for land, resources, and long term gain.

This is not a pissing match between Biden and Putin, it's Putin seeing how far he can go in reunifying his idea of USSR in its glory days. Putin won't risk a lot more losses before laying in a long term siege. This is a purely geopolitical strategy for land, resources, and long term gain.
Agreed about his motivations, but disagree about what he's willing to sacrifice. The reason for this is because despots are terrible at doing anything, and because he's getting high on his own supply, meaning he believes his own propaganda.

So list the specifics relevant to this topic then.
yes .. yes .. international standards on strategy and execution of strategy will be ignored ... noted.

It's like watching a Biden press relief and dodging the actual questions ...

Agreed about his motivations, but disagree about what he's willing to sacrifice. The reason for this is because despots are terrible at doing anything, and because he's getting high on his own supply, meaning he believes his own propaganda.
I don't believe he's that unrealistic. He can't finance this campaign much longer without replacing munitions, pacifying sanctions and becoming very unpopular. I think he'll keep the areas he's seized and call a truce soon. Typical despots become delusional, but Putin has always had a plan and done pretty well for what Russia is. Even Iran and North Korean leaders don't test us too far and they're nuts.

I don't think fear\bravery is the proper way to consider this. There's really not much room for guessing when nukes are on the table.

I like Beau of the 5th Column on these issue, and he had a clip yesterday that I think frames things up really well.

The gist is that we need to view this as an economic conflict amongst the U.S., Russia, and China that Russia has already lost regardless of the results on the ground in Ukraine. Even if we all forgot right now that Ukraine exists, Russia is fukt for decades.

Further aggressive actions only increase the chances of a disproportionate response. I think the move now is to hunker down and wait for Russia to bleed out.

This guy's tiktok is one of the few good reasons to tik the tok.

No idea how any human could be thinking it would be a good idea for the US to get "militarily involved"...LOL.

It's either get involved now while you have a bad situation on your hands, or be forced to get involved when you're dealing with an existential threat.

Not my fight, not my problem.

Nah, it is whether you appreciate it or not. Putin will not stop at Ukraine's borders unless he knows that NATO is willing to fight him on the battlefield. Putin's thoughts, and his fears, are expressed in his actions. There's a historical parallel to what's happening now.

The US getting militarily involved will be the end of life as we know it IMO.

Eventually, if given time, Putin's actions will threaten our vital economic and political interests. I don't care who's in charge: no president is going to tolerate letting Russia or China remake the world that we control without a deadly fight. It's a matter of whether we can have that conflict on our own terms, or on theirs.

Whats going on in Ukraine is not my business,

That's what Britain said when Hitler invaded Czechoslovakia in 1938 and Poland in 1939. They bombed London the following year. I don't obviously expect Putin to bomb the US, but I do expect that he will eventually threaten force with European allies.

NATO is membership is not a red line that Putin's afraid to cross. We think it is, but it's not.

and is certainly no worse than what the USA has done to several smaller and weaker nations in recent years.

So thanks for the opinion, but I heartily disagree.
Now we just go on with our lives and let some time go by. No need to escalate any further, the sanctions will work better as time goes on. The people in Ukraine and Russia will suffer, but hey we've all got problems. We're giving the Ukrainians lots of aid and I support that, but nothing directly involving the US military.

Which part of the unprecedented annihilation of Russia's economy constitutes "leeway"?
It is not "unprecedented."

Your high school and college history textbooks have a penchant for starting stories in the middle, rather than at the beginning, in order to hide aggressive and hostile US actions to make the US appear to be the victim-turned-hero.

Like the Berlin Blockade.

You're only told the Soviets blockaded Berlin and then the heroic efforts of the US and its Allies "saved" the people of Berlin.

You're not told why the Soviets blockaded Berlin, because that would be an embarrassment.

The US and its lap-dog Britain pressured Germany into stopping payment of war reparations to the Soviet Union that were justly owed under international law and under the treaty between Germany and the Soviet Union.

The evil Soviets could have started WW III -- and it would have been just since Germany violated the treaty -- but instead the Soviets chose to blockade Berlin.

So....the US had to fix the problem it created, and in the end, Germany resumed payments of war reparations to the Soviet Union anyway.

In other words, the US lost because it failed to achieve its goal of denying the Soviets war reparations.

Because of that, the US and its lap-dog Britain then conspired to block the ascension of all East Bloc currencies on the global market and did so in 1948.

That is why it is "unprecedented."

For those who don't understand international currency trading, it's 1985 and you're going on vacation around the world. You can go to any major bank and buy Italian Lira, Spanish Pesetas, German Marks, Dutch Guilders, Swedish Kroners or any currency you want, except East Block currencies.

If you wanted Romanian Lei, Hungarian Forints, or Soviet Rubles, the bank way say, sorry, no can do, that's illegal.

Since the Soviets couldn't buy anything on the global market using Soviet Rubles, they had to export everything and sell it in US Dollars, German Marks, French Franks et al so they could buy things to import.

Imagine if the US Dollar was banned from global trading.

You'd have to export damn near everything to get Euros or Australian or Canadian Dollars, or British Pound Sterling in order to buy things to import.

Your economy would suck and your Standard of Living would be only slightly better than Cubans.

So, no, not "unprecedented."

Biden is not afraid of Putin but he is very concerned about what he is capable of doing. Managing this is a very challenging balancing act. I think he is showing discipline and conviction and I am thankful there is a mature, level headed leading this.
Biden is afraid.

This is exactly what the US didn't want.

After Bush illegally overthrew the Ukrainian government in 2004, the US began working on illegally over-throwing Belarus.

That would allow NATO to aggressively expand to Russia's front-door and the US/NATO needs Belarus and Ukraine for airbases to enforce the future No-Fly Zone in Russia while the US aggressively expands into the eastern Russian republics and takes them over.
Putin is the irrational man with a gun. His move in Ukraine was irrational, and he is now backed into a corner, which makes him very, very dangerous.

No, Russia's move was perfectly rational.

Taking Crimea, ensuring Ukraine and Belarus are neutral and not a part of NATO is the only way Russia can protect itself from hostile aggressive US intent, which is to gain control of the eastern Russian republics.

Once the US controls Central Asia, and it will gain control after the US invades Iran, it will be easy for the US to seize eastern Russia if it has Ukraine and Belarus.

It's either get involved now while you have a bad situation on your hands, or be forced to get involved when you're dealing with an existential threat.

OK, I vote for not get involved. If its such an "existential threat" to YOU, you can go over and participate. Thousands of Americans have.
Nah, it is whether you appreciate it or not. Putin will not stop at Ukraine's borders

Nah, it isnt. I dont live in Ukraine.
Eventually, if given time, Putin's actions will threaten our vital economic and political interests.

OK. Sez you. I'm not real concerned at this time, there have always been proxy wars going on. No biggie.

That's what Britain said when Hitler invaded Czechoslovakia in 1938 and Poland in 1939.

Godwins Law. Swing and a M I S S !!!!!:LOL:

My life is chugging pleasantly along, no need to disrupt that based on some minor military conflict on the other side of the world.

Biden is afraid.

This is exactly what the US didn't want.

After Bush illegally overthrew the Ukrainian government in 2004, the US began working on illegally over-throwing Belarus.

That would allow NATO to aggressively expand to Russia's front-door and the US/NATO needs Belarus and Ukraine for airbases to enforce the future No-Fly Zone in Russia while the US aggressively expands into the eastern Russian republics and takes them over.

No, Russia's move was perfectly rational.

Taking Crimea, ensuring Ukraine and Belarus are neutral and not a part of NATO is the only way Russia can protect itself from hostile aggressive US intent, which is to gain control of the eastern Russian republics.

Once the US controls Central Asia, and it will gain control after the US invades Iran, it will be easy for the US to seize eastern Russia if it has Ukraine and Belarus.
Thanks for the insight comrade. We appreciate the view from Moscow perspective as no one else is telling us about "hostile agressive US intent" and this was all done by Russia to prevent US aggression. Do you have a cite for this that does not come from a .ru domained website?

Certainly a unique perspective. Say 'hi' Vlad for us.

OK, I vote for not get involved. If its such an "existential threat" to YOU, you can go over and participate. Thousands of Americans have.

Nah, it isnt. I dont live in Ukraine.

OK. Sez you. I'm not real concerned at this time, there have always been proxy wars going on. No biggie.

Godwins Law. Swing and a M I S S !!!!!:LOL:

My life is chugging pleasantly along, no need to disrupt that based on some minor military conflict on the other side of the world.

You can stay in the comfort of your home and believe what you want, but you won't be the one making the decisions. No president is going to let a foreign aggressor take over control of vital resources that dictate to us how our economy functions and operates, which is what Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping intend to do.

The world is a lot more interconnected than you believe it to be.

What do you think?
I think Biden is just afraid in general. He's the completely wrong personality type to lead anything, let alone the U.S. He simply hates his job and runs away from it as much as humanly possible. He's old, confused, tired. frightened - and, by nature, he's a wimp in every way.

You can stay in the comfort of your home and believe what you want

OK. Sounds like a plan. I'm on board with that Multi!💯(y)

Now....hadnt you better get packing? There is an "existential threat" after all.

*smirk*

OK. Sounds like a plan. I'm on board with that Multi!💯(y)

Now....hadnt you better get packing? There is an "existential threat" after all.

*smirk*

I'm too old. We've got plenty of young guns who are capable of delivering that punch.

I think Biden is just afraid in general. He's the completely wrong personality type to lead anything, let alone the U.S. He simply hates his job and runs away from it as much as humanly possible. He's old, confused, tired. frightened - and, by nature, he's a wimp in every way.

Show a little respect G.

President Joe Biden is YOUR President....and Commander In Chief.

He's doing well, and deserves some respect and some thanks.

deal with it.gif

I'm too old. We've got plenty of young guns who are capable of delivering that punch.

Ahhhhh! Heh heh heh heh, I see. You want to send OTHERS to die for your perceived "existential threat", I think I get it now Multi.

I dont support that, I stand with President Biden & America!

Ahhhhh! Heh heh heh heh, I see. You want to send OTHERS to die for your perceived "existential threat", I think I get it now Multi.

I dont support that, I stand with President Biden & America!

No, I want the president and our national defense to stand up for our interests.

Oh wait, I can only say that if I'm willing to go there and do it myself. Dude, that's the argument a third grader makes. We're adults here.

What do you think?
I think Biden is very afraid during all 10 minutes of the day he’s lucid. I’ll leave you to decide if that’s a yes or no.

I think the bigger question is if Biden’s handlers are, and the constant screeching hyperbolic campaign of Russophobia would indicate yes

Bloodying the nose of western interests by Russia and China will cause a lot of countries to realign and de-dollarize which will cause a total crash of the west.

No, I want the president and our national defense to stand up for our interests.

Me too. Not having a Nuclear Armageddon soon is a great way to do that.

Dude, that's the argument a third grader makes.

Well....maybe a genius 3rd grader I guess?:unsure:

Go ahead and get the last word Multi, you're being irrational and I have grown weary of this. Russia waging war in Ukraine is something that is of absolutely no concern to me. I wish the Ukrainians well as they fight for their country and self determination.💯

dismissed.gif

I think Biden is very afraid during all 10 minutes of the day he’s lucid. I’ll leave you to decide if that’s a yes or no.

I think the bigger question is if Biden’s handlers are, and the constant screeching hyperbolic campaign of Russophobia would indicate yes

Bloodying the nose of western interests by Russia and China will cause a lot of countries to realign and de-dollarize which will cause a total crash of the west.
No doubt, "de-dollariz"ation will have a very significant impact on the west!!!!

No doubt, "de-dollariz"ation will have a very significant impact on the west!!!!
Definitely. Any other country with our level of debt would long have since faced a crushing debt crisis. See Argentina

The only reason we haven’t is because of the dollar’s status as the hardest of hard currencies in the world.

Back
Top Bottom