• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Biden Afraid of Putin?

Is Joe Biden afraid to escalate the war in Ukraine to the point that he gives Putin too much leeway?

• Total voters
I think Biden's severely limited mental capacity won't allow him to be afraid of anything, such as having a total moron as a 2nd in command.

So, I voted no.

Well, President Biden is President of the United States of America....and you are a guy on an Internet forum.
;)

For the record, I think he is being too cautious right now.

Not possible to be "too cautious" right now. IMO.

There is no need for the US or President Biden to do a single thing that he/we are not already doing.

Now: we just go on with our lives. The Russians and Ukrainians will be the ones suffering, but we just have to allow time to do its work now.

Disagree, President Biden is leading well on this issue Multi. Sanctions and economic pressure, supplying weapons and billion$$$ in aid to Ukraine is the best method to "confront" pootin, and thats what Our President is doing.

Nice job Mister President!(y)

I think he has been mostly right, but I think he needs to stop putting the threat of military intervention off the table. He needs to leave open that possibility. I know Biden's intentions come from a good place, and even a week or two ago, I would have said it's premature to consider getting militarily involved, but we're past that point now, I feel. Putin is indisputably committing war crimes in Europe. He's also creating a humanitarian crisis, which will before long turn into a political crisis due to the economic consequences of multidirectional sanctions and the wave of refugees that European countries will be forced to take in. Putin has to at least show that a military escalation and confrontation is a possibility.

Of course, he has to mean what he says as well, so if he has no intentions of getting militarily involved no matter how bad things get, then I guess he's better off sticking to that line of military neutrality. But I think that's a terrible mistake, to be honest.

I know Biden's intentions come from a good place, and even a week or two ago, I would have said it's premature to consider getting militarily involved, but we're past that point now, I feel.

No idea how any human could be thinking it would be a good idea for the US to get "militarily involved"...LOL.

Not my fight, not my problem. The US getting militarily involved will be the end of life as we know it IMO.
Whats going on in Ukraine is not my business, and is certainly no worse than what the USA has done to several smaller and weaker nations in recent years.

So thanks for the opinion, but I heartily disagree.
Now we just go on with our lives and let some time go by. No need to escalate any further, the sanctions will work better as time goes on. The people in Ukraine and Russia will suffer, but hey we've all got problems. We're giving the Ukrainians lots of aid and I support that, but nothing directly involving the US military.

What do you think?
Afraid? Probably not .. Afraid to make prudent decisions .. absolutely, and as always, the Biden administration continues to blame everyone else for negative outcomes.

Afraid? Probably not .. Afraid to make prudent decisions .. absolutely, and as always, the Biden administration continues to blame everyone else for negative outcomes.
Stop, you’re overwhelming us with specifics.

Stop, you’re overwhelming us with specifics.
Biden is a hollow suit of a Democrat, and it's naive not to realize this ... especially with Putin giving him the middle finger and going into Ukraine regardless of the threat of sanctions.

No. President Biden is certainly not afraid of Putin. He is handling this invasion well, and being cautious not to start another World War with this demented murderous dictator. Trump would have been on his knees, polishing his knob.

6c330cc956198ef87ac4fbe26aeff06b2fc4cbb06634c6b47b1a6335cfab6691_1.jpg

Biden is not afraid of Putin but he is very concerned about what he is capable of doing. Managing this is a very challenging balancing act. I think he is showing discipline and conviction and I am thankful there is a mature, level headed leading this.
Baloney. Dementia Joe is only intermittently alert. He lacks a coherent thought process much less the capability to manage any situation. You should have learned that from the chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Biden is a hollow suit of a Democrat, and it's naive not to realize this ... especially with Putin giving him the middle finger and going into Ukraine regardless of the threat of sanctions.
Please...please...we can't handle all these details and specifics. You're overwhelming us. It's perfectly fine to go with vague half thoughts and generalizations you heard second hand.

Our President, President Joe Biden, is not afraid of pootin.
President Biden is holding all the cards, and he's carrying a big stick. No need for big talk, no need for stupid Tweets, no need to act like a child at all.

Our President has seen it all before, President Biden is not going to get rattled.

We're in good hands with President Biden, GAWD I sure am glad the Reality TeeVee host was shown the door by America, can you imagine that IDIOT in office right now?

Steady as she goes Mister President, you're doing well!! I support it!(y)

View attachment 67379625

This is seen as adult level political discourse to some folks, LOL.

Please...please...we can't handle all these details and specifics. You're overwhelming us. It's perfectly fine to go with vague half thoughts and generalizations you heard second hand.
It's okay .. I would expect many to understand this at a concept level. Carry on ...

It's okay .. I would expect many to understand this at a concept level. Carry on ...
And I'm sure that a "concept level" is all you've got.

And I'm sure that a "concept level" is all you've got.
Great place to start when weeding out lower level anomalies / problems .. just like in business, architecture and most places looking to solve and address problems.

Again .. carry on ..

Great place to start

And a great place to stop, apparently. Which is exactly what you'd expect of someone who came to the table armed solely with vague generalizations he heard second hand.

when weeding out lower level anomalies / problems .. just like in business, architecture and most places looking to solve and address problems.

Again .. carry on ..

And a great place to stop, apparently. Which is exactly what you'd expect of someone who came to the table armed solely with vague generalizations he heard second hand.
Works for business, IT architecture and many other competencies to solve problems and identify solutions .. yeah .. you're right .. silly me.

Works for business, IT architecture and many other competencies to solve problems and identify solutions .. yeah .. you're right .. silly me.
Really? Do they also start with vague half-thoughts and just stop there?

I certainly don't think Biden is afraid of Putin and doing everything he can to avoid WWIII. Thank God Biden our President has a cool head and competent military advisors and does not shoot from the hip

Last edited:
Really? Do they also start with vague generalizations and just stop there?
Not at all .. my experience in a Fortune 50 company is top down model to determine if something makes sense and may work ... It's a strata, starting high-level and working to detail .. it's a pretty basic framework prescribed by institutions such as TOGAF and the Business Architecture Guild for the execution of strategy.

Are you disagreeing with these globally accepted models?

I don't think fear\bravery is the proper way to consider this. There's really not much room for guessing when nukes are on the table.

I like Beau of the 5th Column on these issue, and he had a clip yesterday that I think frames things up really well.

The gist is that we need to view this as an economic conflict amongst the U.S., Russia, and China that Russia has already lost regardless of the results on the ground in Ukraine. Even if we all forgot right now that Ukraine exists, Russia is fukt for decades.

Further aggressive actions only increase the chances of a disproportionate response. I think the move now is to hunker down and wait for Russia to bleed out.

Not at all .. my experience in a Fortune 50 company is top down model to determine if something makes sense and may work ... It's a strata, starting high-level and working to detail .. it's a pretty basic framework prescribed by institutions such as TOGAF and the Business Architecture Guild for the execution of strategy.

Are you disagreeing with these globally accepted models?
If you had specifics you would have offered them by now.

I voted yes with a qualification. He’s not afraid of nuclear war. He’s afraid of getting pulled into some war games and ruin his image as the calm, level headed peacemaker, just as he was when he bent over for the Taliban.

Is that a yes or no? I'll assume no as the non-answer answer.
Your post was made up of babbling and no specifics relevant to this thread. And as I said, if you had specifics to offer you would have shared them by now. And the reason you haven't shared them is because you don't have any.

Back
Top Bottom