• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Biden Afraid of Putin?

Is Joe Biden afraid to escalate the war in Ukraine to the point that he gives Putin too much leeway?

• Total voters

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
What do you think?

Because he didn't reveal to the public a week after the invasion that he once told Putin he would bomb Moscow if he tried anything in the Ukraine?

This isnt about me, so your silly, moronic beliefs are dismissed.
Of course it's about you. You're taking every opportunity politically because you're so far to the right.

That idiot China Joe has more important issues to deal with right now.

C39F0CA7-BB7A-4D0E-A43A-CA9E856E7AF4.jpeg

Of course it's about you. You're taking every opportunity politically because you're so far to the right.
Your stormfront tactics wont work here, so you might as well go back to your friends over there because youve failed again.

Biden is not afraid of Putin but he is very concerned about what he is capable of doing. Managing this is a very challenging balancing act. I think he is showing discipline and conviction and I am thankful there is a mature, level headed leading this.

It is unlikely that Biden is afraid of Putin, too simplistic.

At this point I think Biden is just in pure avoidance mode on anything that can be construed as military engagement against Russia. Moreover, I think Biden is terrified of the far left segment of his party who are all to willing to see gas prices skyrocket to make a point about fuel.

Biden is not afraid of Putin but he is very concerned about what he is capable of doing. Managing this is a very challenging balancing act. I think he is showing discipline and conviction and I am thankful there is a mature, level headed leading this.

Be grateful Europe has some backbone.

Your stormfront tactics wont work here, so you might as well go back to your friends over there because youve failed again.
You're the one using stormfront and Fox News tactics.

It's just another ho hum far right wing attack and I've been wondering when they were gonna start big time (after the Russian invasion) and they started big time a few days ago.

I guess I should say bravo for being part of that cult.

What do you think?
He clearly is not afraid of him in the way Trump was, craving Putin's approval like a daddy. But, we are in a dangerous situation right at the moment.

Putin is the irrational man with a gun. His move in Ukraine was irrational, and he is now backed into a corner, which makes him very, very dangerous. While I would love to see another level of brinkmanship, I do not have at my disposal military and intelligence advisers, nor do I have to keep 20 or so Western Eurpopean in line. Being over aggressive here and/or miscalculating comes with a lethal cost.

It is unlikely that Biden is afraid of Putin, too simplistic.

At this point I think Biden is just in pure avoidance mode on anything that can be construed as military engagement against Russia. Moreover, I think Biden is terrified of the far left segment of his party who are all to willing to see gas prices skyrocket to make a point about fuel.

If there's something to be afraid of, it's the public moving toward support of military engagement. This naturally pushes a democratically elected leader to lean toward this as well, especially in an election year, and then you have the ingredients for direct military engagement and WWIII.

What do you think?

No, I don't think he's afraid of Putin, but I do think he's really unsure about how to confront him. If he's afraid of anything, it's that he's afraid of misreading the situation and making a catastrophic mistake, either by being too soft or by being too aggressive. Biden is just being Biden. He's aiming for the middle ground. He's going by the book. He's being measured. He's not really showing a willingness to take risks or gamble, and that's the way he's always been.

When the people in the situation room had a chance to take out Bin Laden back in 2011, Biden was among those who opposed it. It was not because he was afraid of Bin Laden, but he was afraid of repeating another major intelligence mistake (he got burned for supporting the nat'l security assessment leading up to the invasion of Iraq, you may remember). He was afraid of getting Navy SEALS killed in Pakistan, killing civilians in a neutral 'allied' country, and deteriorating relations with Pakistan. So he opposed it. Obama, however, is someone who occasionally is willing to put a big bet down on the table, and so Obama went for it. And as it turned out, Obama was right and Biden was wrong.

But Biden does Biden, and here the stakes are much, much higher. This is pretty much what I'd expect. Biden is cautious -- you could argue he's being too cautious. For the record, I think he is being too cautious right now. But at the same time, don't confuse cautious with being afraid or scared. I don't think he's afraid of Putin. There's actually a lot of risk in choking Russia's economy the way we have, as it puts tremendous pressure on the regime's long-term survival. That actually does take some courage, because these sanctions have real consequences, and those consequences are already making Russia's regime feel pressure and frustration. It took courage for Biden to push for these harsh sanctions. It also takes the ability to build and coordinate alliances, which is something that Biden does exceptionally well, whether it's working in domestic or international politics.

Tl/dr: Yes, Biden's being too cautious, and is worried about making a big mistake, but no, he's not afraid of Putin.

There's plenty on the shelves in the U.S., Boris. You should've tried to come over before we closed our airspace.

Sureeeeeeee! But, old China Joe is more worried about who keeps shitting in his pants?

3C1A1AF0-A47B-4E5B-8E27-740F978322DC.jpeg

Our President, President Joe Biden, is not afraid of pootin.
President Biden is holding all the cards, and he's carrying a big stick. No need for big talk, no need for stupid Tweets, no need to act like a child at all.

Our President has seen it all before, President Biden is not going to get rattled.

We're in good hands with President Biden, GAWD I sure am glad the Reality TeeVee host was shown the door by America, can you imagine that IDIOT in office right now?

Steady as she goes Mister President, you're doing well!! I support it!(y)

biden dont be scared.gif

No, I don't think he's afraid of Putin, but I do think he's really unsure about how to confront him.

Disagree, President Biden is leading well on this issue Multi. Sanctions and economic pressure, supplying weapons and billion$$$ in aid to Ukraine is the best method to "confront" pootin, and thats what Our President is doing.

Nice job Mister President!(y)

Back
Top Bottom