• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is adoption really a reasonable alternative to abortion?

Iriemon said:
Yeah, they probably do that too in foster homes.

No, they slap, they don't stab. But not all foster homes are bad. Really, people just have to learn to be RESPONSIBLE! Oh my, what concept. But God forbid it that anyone these days should be responsible for their own actions. But if you willingy have sex and a pregnancy occurs, then take responsibility like an ADULT and raise what you created!

What about married folks, Donkey? There are plenty of married couples out there that don't want to have any children. Are you suggesting that they abstain from sex as well?

Donkey1499 said:
No, most people that have sex like crazy don't think of the consequences (ie: pregnancy, disease, etc.)

Well, we both agree that is foolhardy. And you think we should force these fools, who can't even responsibly have sex, to have kids they don't want?

The best way to prevent accidents is to use the best safety mechanism. Contraceptive should be widely available, encouraged, and free for those who can't afford them. But may "pro-lifers" want to discourage contraception, make it less available, oppose government support for poorer women, and then say when they get pregnant -- you didn't think about the consequences!

Donkey1499 said:
No, they slap, they don't stab. But not all foster homes are bad. Really, people just have to learn to be RESPONSIBLE! Oh my, what concept. But God forbid it that anyone these days should be responsible for their own actions. But if you willingy have sex and a pregnancy occurs, then take responsibility like an ADULT and raise what you created!

And yet you think Cheney should not be responsible for willingly carrying around a loaded shotgun, and not take responsiblity like an ADULT for the injury he caused!

Stace said:
What about married folks, Donkey? There are plenty of married couples out there that don't want to have any children. Are you suggesting that they abstain from sex as well?

I've heard of married couples who CAN'T have children, but never couples that DON'T want children.

Iriemon said:
Well, we both agree that is foolhardy. And you think we should force these fools, who can't even responsibly have sex, to have kids they don't want?

The best way to prevent accidents is to use the best safety mechanism. Contraceptive should be widely available, encouraged, and free for those who can't afford them. But may "pro-lifers" want to discourage contraception, make it less available, oppose government support for poorer women, and then say when they get pregnant -- you didn't think about the consequences!

Birth control, like condoms and others of the sort, are fine. If they don't want children, but want sex, then slide on a rubber! Is it that hard, well, the wrappers are a little tricky, but the second part ain't.

Iriemon said:
And yet you think Cheney should not be responsible for willingly carrying around a loaded shotgun, and not take responsiblity like an ADULT for the injury he caused!

The injury was an accident, if anything should take blame it ought to be the blood-sucking lawyer. He shouldn't have been standing in the line of fire. He should've made it obvious that he was there, like a shout or a holler would've worked.

Donkey1499 said:
Birth control, like condoms and others of the sort, are fine. If they don't want children, but want sex, then slide on a rubber! Is it that hard, well, the wrappers are a little tricky, but the second part ain't.

I think we agree in contraception; though I don't particularly care what kind is used, it is a better alternative than an abortion.

But rubbers aren't foolproof. They can break, leak or fall off (not that I've ever had that problem, heh heh) and an accident can happen.

Donkey1499 said:
I've heard of married couples who CAN'T have children, but never couples that DON'T want children.

They're out there. Marriage involves more than just reproducing offspring, you know. Think about it this way: If YOU didn't want children, wouldn't you seek out a partner that felt the same way, so they wouldn't try to trick you a couple of years down the road?

Donkey1499 said:

Have you been living under a rock for the past thirty years?

Well, first and foremost, it WAS an accident. I am sure Cheney will regret that for the rest of his life. No point in pouring salt in the wound.

But who can deny that if he were one of us a simply apology and following remorse would not be the end of it?

Donkey1499 said:

You have never heard of couples that don't want childern?

Stace said:
They're out there. Marriage involves more than just reproducing offspring, you know. Think about it this way: If YOU didn't want children, wouldn't you seek out a partner that felt the same way, so they wouldn't try to trick you a couple of years down the road?

That wouldn't happen, cuz I want kids and to raise them to be little Ditto Heads. Thank God for Rush!

Iriemon said:
You have never heard of couples that don't want childern?

Not really. Do gays become included into your equation? Gays can't have kids the natural way anyways. Which is why I support gay adoption.

Donkey1499 said:
That wouldn't happen, cuz I want kids and to raise them to be little Ditto Heads. Thank God for Rush!

Good for you. I suppose what you are really saying is we should all be like you. Sorry.

Donkey1499 said:
Not really. Do gays become included into your equation? Gays can't have kids the natural way anyways. Which is why I support gay adoption.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am married and have two kids. I am part of a married couple. And I don't want any more kids.

I can also personally attest that I know many couples who also do not want kids, whether it is never to have any kids or they don't want any more.

And yes, some of us like sex. No, abstinence is not an option.

Originally Posted by Donkey1499
"I've heard of married couples who CAN'T have children, but never couples that DON'T want children."

Originally Posted by Iriemon:
"You have never heard of couples that don't want childern?"

"Not really."

I find this amazing! Haha, c'mon now. I know many couples that do not want kids...they are to self-involved. Another intersting fact is that almost every single couple, and it is quite a few...is Liberal. I live in the Liberal hotbed of Sonoma County north of San Fran...Liberals abound.

Iriemon said:
Allow me to introduce myself. I am married and have two kids. I am part of a married couple. And I don't want any more kids.

I can also personally attest that I know many couples who also do not want kids, whether it is never to have any kids or they don't want any more.

And yes, some of us like sex. No, abstinence is not an option.

Well, you have kids, so at one time you wanted them. But if you an your spouse "accidentally" had another kid, would you really abort him? Come on.

BodiSatva said:
"I've heard of married couples who CAN'T have children, but never couples that DON'T want children."

Originally Posted by Iriemon:
"You have never heard of couples that don't want childern?"

"Not really."

I find this amazing! Haha, c'mon now. I know many couples that do not want kids...they are to self-involved. Another intersting fact is that almost every single couple, and it is quite a few...is Liberal. I live in the Liberal hotbed of Sonoma County north of San Fran...Liberals abound.

I've never heard of a couple that when at FIRST married they didn't want kids.

Donkey1499 said:
Well, you have kids, so at one time you wanted them. But if you an your spouse "accidentally" had another kid, would you really abort him? Come on.

Without hesitation. I don't want another kid, I'd resent the imposition and responsibility on my life, and I am afraid I wouldn't give him the same energy, love and affection I gave my two daughters because I wanted them. Plus, while having another baby is not theoretically impossible, I personally don't think raising a kid who will be visiting me in an old-age home when he is a teenager is the best situation to be raising children.

I wouldn't have him because I don't want to do the baby thing again and it wouldn't be fair to him.

Iriemon said:
Without hesitation. I don't want another kid, I'd resent the imposition and responsibility on my life, and I am afraid I wouldn't give him the same energy, love and affection I gave my two daughters because I wanted them. Plus, while having another baby is not theoretically impossible, I personally don't think raising a kid who will be visiting me in an old-age home when he is a teenager is the best situation to be raising children.

I wouldn't have him because I don't want to do the baby thing again and it wouldn't be fair to him.

If you don't want another one then be careful. No need to kill the little guy! Besides, at your age you shouldn't be having sex. You might break your hip! :mrgreen:

I hear you donkey...Even then though, I knew many couples that did not want kids, they wanted to travel and earn degrees, etc. And they did not ever want kids, yet they married. Some ended up with kids for various reasons, but some got themselves fixed. Oh well.

Donkey1499 said:

It's called hypothetically speaking, Donkey. Think outside of the box. Pretend.

Back
Top Bottom