• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is adoption really a reasonable alternative to abortion?

Donkey1499 said:
Someone please answer this paradox! There is a group called Planned Parenthood, but it supports abortion. So how can a group with the words plan and parenthood support the killing of beings that result in people becoming parents? Shouldn't they be telling people how to raise the kid instead of killing it?

If I remember correctly, initially, that was exactly what Planned Parenthood was meant for. Planned Parenthood.... birth control, eduction, etc.....

But with the booming abortion market, how could they resist?

Donkey1499 said:
I'm only going to say this once. If you don't want kids, then don't have sex. It's quite simple really. Even a water-head understands that!

So the goal of making abortion illegal is to stop people from having sex?

Not a realistic suggestion. History shows people have sex, even if they don't want kids.

Even a water-head understands that!

Iriemon said:

Not a realistic suggestion. History shows people have sex, even if they don't want kids.

Waterhead..........:rofl

Iriemon said:

WHAT?!?!? Just because abortion is illegal it doesn't mean they have to stop having sex! If disciplined priests can refrain from sex than so can anyone else, if they want to. I know that there are some people out there that don't like kids, but then they have sex and get pissed off when they or their partner gets pregnant. That's adumb thing to get pissed off about though.

People are forgetting what sex is REALLY for.... reproduction of the species.

Donkey1499 said:

That, AND getting out of doing the dishes.....

Captain America said:
Lemme see....if I had to pick between a foster home or a grave...what would I do........:roll: <think, think, think,>

Uh.....I'm goin' with the foster home.

It is a tricky one.

You must choose wisely.

jimmyjack said:
It is a tricky one.

You must choose wisely.

Jimmy Jack, that's the name of that NASCAR rookie, J.J. Yeley. Jimmy Jack Yeley. I'm not a fan of his though. I just thought it was fun to bring it up.

Donkey1499 said:
WHAT?!?!? Just because abortion is illegal it doesn't mean they have to stop having sex! If disciplined priests can refrain from sex than so can anyone else, if they want to. I know that there are some people out there that don't like kids, but then they have sex and get pissed off when they or their partner gets pregnant. That's adumb thing to get pissed off about though.

You may think a celibate life is great. I disagree.

Regardless of our personal opinion, I don't think you could deny that the vast majority of humans do want to have sex, even if they don't want kids.

It is fine to say "don't have sex" in the abstract. In the real world, people (most of us anyway) have sex. In the real world, without an abortion option, lots of those people will have babies they don't want. And you are condemning at least a substantial portion of these kids into an unwanted, unloved live.

That is cruel, IMO.

A lot of people like to shoot guns too. However, they are responsible for where their bullets go. Should they be held unaccountable as well?

Donkey1499 said:
Jimmy Jack, that's the name of that NASCAR rookie, J.J. Yeley. Jimmy Jack Yeley. I'm not a fan of his though. I just thought it was fun to bring it up.

Thank you, he has a new fan now.

Captain America said:
A lot of people like to shoot guns too. However, they are responsible for where their bullets go. Should they be held unaccountable as well?

Good point. Do you think Cheney should be in jail for battery? Why not?

Iriemon said:
You may think a celibate life is great. I disagree.

Regardless of our personal opinion, I don't think you could deny that the vast majority of humans do want to have sex, even if they don't want kids.

It is fine to say "don't have sex" in the abstract. In the real world, people (most of us anyway) have sex. In the real world, without an abortion option, lots of those people will have babies they don't want. And you are condemning at least a substantial portion of these kids into an unwanted, unloved live.

That is cruel, IMO.

Tis' also cruel to stab a human with a coat hanger just because they are "unwanted".

Donkey1499 said:
battery? It was an accident, not premeditated!

You mean he didn't take a gun, load it, pull off the safety, and fire it purposely? Sure he did. It was all premeditated.

What was not intended was that a guy got shot.

Same thing with abortion. Few people have sex to intentionally get pregnant because they want to get an abortion. They have an abortion because the women got pregnant accidentally. If they don't use contraceptives, it is probably because the pro-lifers have prevented them from being freely and widely avaialable.

Contraceptives are like a safety lock. You use it to prevent an accident, but even with a safety lock, sometimes accidents happen.

Last edited:
What's the big deal? Cheney shot a lawyer instead of a bird.... I think the whole world's better off for it.

Iriemon said:
You mean he didn't take a gun, load it, pull off the safety, and fire it purposely?

It was an accident that he shot his friend. Cheney didn't go hunting with the intention to shoot his buddy. Don't be stupid!

Captain America said:
What's the big deal? Cheney shot a lawyer instead of a bird.... I think the whole world's better off for it.

That is the shoot a lawyer and it's not a crime theory! LOL. Well think of abortions as ridding the world of future lawyers.

Donkey1499 said:
It was an accident that he shot his friend. Cheney didn't go hunting with the intention to shoot his buddy. Don't be stupid!

People that get abortions didn't have sex with the intention of having an abortion. Don't be stupid!

Donkey1499 said:
Tis' also cruel to stab a human with a coat hanger just because they are "unwanted".

Yeah, they probably do that too in foster homes.

talloulou said:
As far as the question goes......it is very hard to adopt healthy newborn infants in our country. There just aren't hardly any available. So a woman who gave birth to a healthy newborn would have no trouble finding that baby a loving home in our country.

In that case, why were hundreds of thousands, if not millions of children born before abortion was legal raised in orphanages?

One of my friends (who is now 19) was put up for adoption when he was a toddler, having had abusive and neglectful parents. Sadly no one wanted him - an Asian kid with emotional/behavioural problems who wasn't a cute squealing baby anymore. He spent his entire childhood going from home to home in the foster system, feeling no family love from anyone and unable to form friendships because he was moved around so often, and was often bullied because the mean kids knew he was "the kid no one wanted". He has said himself he's glad abortion is legal - he wouldn't wish it on any little boy or girl. We all need a parent who loves us, who'll sleep in our room when we're children and we've got a fever, who'll put toys under the Christmas tree for us, who'll pack surprise treats for us in our lunch and go see our dance recitals or baseball games. The little things that mean everything.

I totally agree with him. Wanting to inflict that sort of suffering on any child is sick and damned heartless, and makes the pro-lifers' self-righteous "empathy" look completely pathetic.

Last edited:
Iriemon said:
People that get abortions didn't have sex with the intention of having an abortion. Don't be stupid!

No, most people that have sex like crazy don't think of the consequences (ie: pregnancy, disease, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom