• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iran nuclear scientist assassination timing raises questions over US involvement

Your posts indicate that you don't understand that you actually live in a plutocracy, not a democracy. Thus the other claims found within them are to be considered in that context imo

Moronic gaslighting. What kind of a total idiot falls for that crap.

Moronic gaslighting. What kind of a total idiot falls for that crap.

Nope, no gaslighting going on . :)

You have made a number of claims in your posts about my commentary here and none of them have any credibility.

Nope, no gaslighting going on . :)

You have made a number of claims in your posts about my commentary here and none of them have any credibility.

The US is a democracy and no amount of moonbat pothead bs changes that. I don't need your sophomoric lamenting on the state of civilization. In defense of the Iranian regime, it's worse than pathetic; it's disgusting. Even small children could smell the cave mosque on your horseshit.

The US is a democracy and no amount of moonbat pothead bs changes that. I don't need your sophomoric lamenting on the state of civilization. In defense of the Iranian regime, it's worse than pathetic; it's disgusting. Even small children could smell the cave mosque on your horseshit.

:)

The doubling down on the false claims in your posts doesn't make them morph into accurate assessments.

What? You live in either a dictatorship or plutocracy. A Democracy or even the rule of law wouldn't allow genocide or mass murder, torture rape and sodomy of illegally held prisoners in secret American jails.
But obviously saying rude words gets you off!

Read the definition given, there are no excuses for sponsoring terrorists or engaging in terrorism yourselves. Everyone has their reasons/excuses so that's why they are rejected by that definition.

The , then, World Court found the US guilty of the crime of aggression wrt to the proxy attack by Contras. That you class such a mass HRs violator as Pinochet as a hero is my cue to end this discussion with you

The world court is not a legally constituted court with jurisdiction to determine such things.

And furthermore Pinochet was not a mass human rights violator. He defended the human rights of Chileans to not die in Cambodian style genocide.

Fruit supremacism is as odious as any other forms of supremacism and would be just as dependent/reliant on the selective viewing standard supremacism is built on, imo

Why aren't you answering the question?

Why aren't you answering the question?

Because the question is an obvious attempt at deflection and has no relevance to my commentary here.

Why we are on the subject of answering questions, or not , how come it took you so long to admit that if Iran had offed an Israeli nuclear scientist in such a way you wouldn't see it as murder/terrorism/a crime?

The world court is not a legally constituted court with jurisdiction to determine such things.

And furthermore Pinochet was not a mass human rights violator. He defended the human rights of Chileans to not die in Cambodian style genocide.

The World court ruling was made using judges that were experts in international law and the decision is solid. That the USA decided to ignore it and get out of paying reperations is just an example of the contempt the US govts have for international law. Eitherway it is not part of the thread topic so I won't respond again to this accept to say the US attacks on Iran are just as illegal.

Pinochets dictatorship tortured and murdered thousands of Chileans and overthrew the democratically elected govt of Allende. Your post shows you don't appear to know this and that you, just like the US govts, only accept the results of democratic elections if the people vote the right way ,the right being according to your opinion. On those grounds your many posts that attack Iran for being dictatorial and/or cruel to the Iranian people just tick the boxes for major league hypocrisy

Because the question is an obvious attempt at deflection and has no relevance to my commentary here.

Why we are on the subject of answering questions, or not , how come it took you so long to admit that if Iran had offed an Israeli nuclear scientist in such a way you wouldn't see it as murder/terrorism/a crime?

So it's not relevant if apples and oranges are the same when you say apples and oranges should be treated the same?
Am I missing some great oneworld2 logical thinking here?

The World court ruling was made using judges that were experts in international law and the decision is solid. That the USA decided to ignore it and get out of paying reperations is just an example of the contempt the US govts have for international law. Eitherway it is not part of the thread topic so I won't respond again to this accept to say the US attacks on Iran are just as illegal.

Pinochets dictatorship tortured and murdered thousands of Chileans and overthrew the democratically elected govt of Allende. Your post shows you don't appear to know this and that you, just like the US govts, only accept the results of democratic elections if the people vote the right way ,the right being according to your opinion. On those grounds your many posts that attack Iran for being dictatorial and/or cruel to the Iranian people just tick the boxes for major league hypocrisy
Allende Was not democratically elected, he was installed by a parliamentary procedure after overwhelmingly losing the popular vote. He was installed as the president on the promised to the Congress that he would obey the Chilean constitution, however he proceeded to undergo action after action that was ruled illegal by the Chilean courts. Over 200 times if I remember correctly. Also left us were forming armed band carrying out acts of terrorism that Allende did not have them arrested and prosecuted for. Chile has become a Marxist dictatorship before Pinochet launched his coup. I have actually been to the museum of national history in Santiago, You can see the exhibits related to the coup in 1973. There is contemporary newspaper articles of working class Chileans cheering the arrival of Pinochet. Mini Chileans supported general Pinochet because he remove the threat of communism.

So it's not relevant if apples and oranges are the same when you say apples and oranges should be treated the same?

Correct. If there are laws to protect fruit from abuse it matters not if it is an apple or an orange is the victim of the abuse.

I agree. Such a basic inability in your posts to recognize this universal application of the law on the basis that you prefer apples to oranges shows a contempt for the laws themselves. Laws your posts later rely on to justify the crimes by and/or against apples.

Correct. If there are laws to protect fruit from abuse it matters not if it is an apple or an orange is the victim of the abuse.

I agree. Such a basic inability in your posts to recognize this universal application of the law on the basis that you prefer apples to oranges shows a contempt for the laws themselves. Laws your posts later rely on to justify the crimes by and/or against apples.

Yes but the law is the same for all. 'Legitimacy' is not independent of the facts surrounding the act, and in fact changes when they do.
Is an apple an orange and an orange an apple?

Yes but the law is the same for all.

That's what I told you, yes. And that's how the law enjoys legitimacy/credibility or not. If we understand your posts here, you want the law to be selective and discriminatory based on your own biases and that's why your posts are rightfully called out on grounds of hypocrisy.

'Legitimacy' is not independent of the facts surrounding the act, and in fact changes when they do.

Nobody claimed it was but you have changed tack here. What they are saying is that the laws governing such events do not depend on the identity of the victim and the attacker, which is what you are saying in your posts as shown below again, just for good measure..

Is an apple an orange and an orange an apple?

See ?

That's what I told you, yes. And that's how the law enjoys legitimacy/credibility or not. If we understand your posts here, you want the law to be selective and discriminatory based on your own biases and that's why your posts are rightfully called out on grounds of hypocrisy.

Nobody claimed it was but you have changed tack here. What they are saying is that the laws governing such events do not depend on the identity of the victim and the attacker, which is what you are saying in your posts as shown below again, just for good measure..

See ?

The law? Who said anything about the law? You were talking about what is legitimate and stated that if it is legitimate for Israel to kill Iranian nuclear scientist it is legitimate the other way around. This statement of yours can only be true if Israel is Iran and Iran is Israel. Is that the case? Are apples oranges and oranges apples? Are we to ignore the surrounding facts of the case (which faction he belonged to, who he was for them) when judging legitimacy? Doesn't seem smart or logical.

Reactions: NO1
What? You live in either a dictatorship or plutocracy. A Democracy or even the rule of law wouldn't allow genocide or mass murder, torture rape and sodomy of illegally held prisoners in secret American jails.
But obviously saying rude words gets you off!

Great use of an oxymoron.

Obviously your post indicate that you are maybe not familiar with how the western propaganda system works. Allow me a diversion to illustrate a point. I know, judging by your posts, you probably don't want to see this but I will put it up anyway.

When the Skripals were poisoned in the UK the authorites here put enormous pressure on the Portland Down scientists to come out and say that the Novichok used was Russian. They couldn't say it because they were not sure and also aware that others had manufactured Novichok. So a phrase was coined that satisfied this dilemma. The term " Novichok of a type developed by Russia " was born. You can check it out in articles from every news agencty in the West including all those you have cited and you will find it. It served the purpose of implicating Russia without having the problem of proving anything and of course the plausible deniability if challenged on it. You know, " Hey, we didn't say it was Russian did we ? "

So when people say this man WAS a member of the Revolutionary Guard but maybe omit that he was a former member ,there hasn't been a lie told. " Was " because he is no more or was because he once was a serving member but when he was assassinated he wasn't a serving officer ? Clever, no ?

Now , I am interested to see how this plays out. Will The Times retract and fall in line with the script or is it a genuine error. Time will tell I suppose but to think there is no value in stripping Mohsen Fakhrizadeh of his civilian status in order to justify his murder would be foolish/naive.

Remember Murtaja was reported as being a Hamas commander, recall how it was made out he was flying a drone and thus was murdered ? All covered in the western media but long since forgotten, they served their purpose at the time and the truth will never catch up and few in the West care anyway. Such is the world we live in.

I will wait until it is clarified as to whether Mohsen Fakhrizadeh was a serving member ( or not ) of the IRG when he was murdered because I don't actually have much faith in the reporting of such incidents here.
So now it became western propaganda…
Probably in the next months it will be revealed he was innocent climate scientist which study global warming who have nothing to do with Iran military nuclear program.
I get it, it doesn’t fit your agenda so it western media propaganda. I’ll remember that.
Anyway I think it’s clear who was Mohsen Fakhrizadeh and what he worked on.

Btw, from aljazeera - https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...ng-scientist-remotely-in-sophisticated-attack
Fakhrizadeh, a top nuclear and military scientist, was killed on Friday after an explosion and automatic gunfire near Tehran in broad daylight.

I think we should wait and see who actually takes credit for it before saying it was Mossad.

I owned a home in Turkey and had a Muslim wife. You read a book and came away knowing nothing of the people in the religion and cultures therein today.
YOU are what is wrong with academia although I feel reasonably certain your studies were at a Christian wingnut institution like Liberty rather than at an essteemed institution and of course, in true academia style, you have ZERO real world experience.
Eh i always took that poster to be a Sam “i have a thought experiment for you” Harris fan.

There is a reason to limit the spread of Nukes and you can't see it? We can't get rid of our nukes unless everyone else who has them does the same. The only one trying to "bully" is Russia. They are threatening to build a "doomsday" nuke to blackmail the world. They are the ones you need to worry about.
Russian media threatens US with 100-megaton nuclear doomsday device after key arms treaty fails
https://www.businessinsider.com/rus...lear-doomsday-device-after-inf-failure-2019-2
So they trying for another tsar bomba?

So now it became western propaganda…
Probably in the next months it will be revealed he was innocent climate scientist which study global warming who have nothing to do with Iran military nuclear program.
I get it, it doesn’t fit your agenda so it western media propaganda. I’ll remember that.
Anyway I think it’s clear who was Mohsen Fakhrizadeh and what he worked on.

Btw, from aljazeera - https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...ng-scientist-remotely-in-sophisticated-attack

Well at least you will be a little more familiar with how these things are covered when official enemies of the state are involved by reading that post.

How long was it before we knew, and how many people still don't know, that Qasem Soleimani was one his way to a meeting to discuss the easing of tensions in the ME when he was killed ?

The truth tends to lag behind and by the time it surfaces people have forgotten. Who would even think of Mr Murtaja today or care whether the allegation that he was " flying a drone ( leiberman ) or was a " Hamas commander " at the time he was murdered by Israeli snipers?

Back
Top Bottom