• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iran nuclear scientist assassination timing raises questions over US involvement

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Iran was swift to blame Israel for the assassination of its top nuclear scientist, Mohsen Fakhrizadeh.
Indeed, eliminating targets in their cars is believed to be the hallmark of Israel’s intelligence agency, Mossad, which deployed the tactic on several Iranian nuclear scientists between 2010 and 2012.
But the timing of the attack also raises questions about US involvement, coming just weeks after Donald Trump is said to have sought options to strike Iran over its nuclear programme.

Iran nuclear scientist assassination timing raises questions over US involvement (yahoo.com)

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.....

The Mossad for sure. Perhaps with an intel assist from the CIA.

Obviously condemnation of the killing of civilians doen't extend to Iranians.

One can only imagine the outrage had Iran assassinated an Israeli or US scientist involved in their nuclear programmes.

One can only imagine the outrage had Iran assassinated an Israeli or US scientist involved in their nuclear programmes.

it had to be done, it's not a pretty world

it had to be done, it's not a pretty world

Oh please. It's a crime. If it were a US nuclear scientist you would be crying blue murder in your posts and probably shouting for revenge. Correct?

Why should your state be allowed the weapons needed to give some realistic defence but others not ?

It's not a pretty world ,imo , because too many folk have been brainwashed into worshipping flags instead of the rule of laws that seeks to protect everyone from such criminal actions.

Oh please. It's a crime. If it were a US nuclear scientist you would be crying blue murder in your posts and probably shouting for revenge. Correct?

Why should your state be allowed the weapons needed to give some realistic defence but others not ?

It's not a pretty world ,imo , because too many folk have been brainwashed into worshipping flags instead of the rule of laws that seeks to protect everyone from such criminal actions.
Cut the BS. if it were an American nuclear scientist run by the twelvers, yes, do it to him also.

You seem to want to ignore the nature of man, the order of the universe.

Absolutely.

because those same defensive weapons can be used offensively

no animal does not eliminate a threat, why do you thing humans in teh USA should break with the natural order of life?

you are far to altruistic my well intended friend
the world is serious as a heart attack

Iran exports terror through it's proxies all over the ME, it's not hard to imagine what they will do with nuclear bomb in their hands.

You seem to want to ignore the nature of man, the order of the universe.

Nope, I wish for people to try to free themselves from the junk fed to them by their own elites propaganda systems

Absolutely.

So , to be clear , you are knowingly and willingly supporting the murder of civilians from different countries because the state system says it's right. But you would not, to be clear again, be saying the same thing if it was your own citizens that were murdered?

because those same defensive weapons can be used offensively

The only nation that has been cruel/insane enough to use them so far has been your own and that was an offensive use that took the lives of well over a 100,000 innocent people. Should your country be allowed to possess such weaponry given your statement above ?

no animal does not eliminate a threat, why do you thing humans in teh USA should break with the natural order of life?

You do know that Iran has not done anything illegal in its nuclear programme ? You do know that, according to those charged with assessing it in line with the deal brokered with Europe etc etc that they were complying with it until the US decided to trash it and wage an economic war on Iran that has caused huge suffering there ?

You see, anything can be hyped up and excused if sort of thing is allowed to go unchallenged. Your neighbour might see you as a future threat, but if they murder you on those grounds it's a crime and rightly so.

you are far to altruistic my well intended friend
the world is serious as a heart attack

The world is what we make it, those that support this lunatic notion of the murder of civilians in different countries because they might pose a threat should be condemned by all reasonable people imo Human nature is both self serving and altruistic, if it were not we would never have gotten this far. I support altruism because it makes to a better world

If we could prove it it'd probably start a war.

The overwhelming majority of people on this entire website are political hacks, illogical, and unethical. Maybe 2% have any clue at all. They say stuff like, "I guess you don't understand the nature of man."

Iran exports terror through it's proxies all over the ME, it's not hard to imagine what they will do with nuclear bomb in their hands.

Obviously the murder of 4 Iranian scientists in the last 8 years , which are stonewall acts of terrorism themselves, appears to be absent from your views expressed in that post.

To try to make out that Iranians are somehow unlike other humans, insomuch that they have a complete death wish for their nation, as a justification for the murder of their civilians at the hands of state terrorists in all likelihood is something of a leap based on what ?

The overwhelming majority of people on this entire website are political hacks, illogical, and unethical. Maybe 2% have any clue at all. They say stuff like, "I guess you don't understand the nature of man."

I agree and that's why I take great pleasure in forcing them into performing the moral/ethical sommersaults their statements and actions are sure to engender.

Nope, I wish for people to try to free themselves from the junk fed to them by their own elites propaganda systems

My response has zero to do with "elites" and propaganda." I am offering you tutelage on teh nature of man, psychology 101 as it were.

So , to be clear , you are knowingly and willingly supporting the murder of civilians from different countries because the state system says it's right. But you would not, to be clear again, be saying the same thing if it was your own citizens that were murdered?

To be clear, I support defense of the tribe and sadly war and assassination is a part of that as it is in this case. You can shout crazy words as you are doing all you like, it just makes your posts ignorant and idealistic.

The only nation that has been cruel/insane enough to use them so far has been your own and that was an offensive use that took the lives of well over a 100,000 innocent people. Should your country be allowed to possess such weaponry given your statement above ?

Allowed? You keep wanting to play"make believe."

You do know that Iran has not done anything illegal in its nuclear programme ? You do know that, according to those charged with assessing it in line with the deal brokered with Europe etc etc that they were complying with it until the US decided to trash it and wage an economic war on Iran that has caused huge suffering there ?

You see, anything can be hyped up and excused if sort of thing is allowed to go unchallenged. Your neighbour might see you as a future threat, but if they murder you on those grounds it's a crime and rightly so.

I think our position on Iran is immoral and unwise. I was very much against pulling out of the Iran Nuclear deal. However, Iran is a threat and we did what we needed to do with a major attack that would kill thousands of innocent. Like I have been teaching you, it's a hard world. You need to toughen up.

The world is what we make it, those that support this lunatic notion of the murder of civilians in different countries because they might pose a threat should be condemned by all reasonable people imo Human nature is both self serving and altruistic, if it were not we would never have gotten this far. I support altruism because it makes to a better world

All of life is pretty damned awful. We eat the flesh of other animals and those that can eat ours. It's a horrible world if one is objective. Christ, even black wholes eat stars. Altruism is bridled in the real world by self preservation, greed, lust...
You should maintain your "dreams" of a world that works to be fair to all but realize we are nowhere close to being able to do such things. Tribe safety, survival comes first.

Really? As soon as Iran gets the bomb they will launch it at us?

Just like Korea has done? Like Russia has done? Like China has done?

Why do you want a country that endorses terrorist attacks and is run by religious extremists to have access to nuclear weapons?

Why do you want a country that endorses terrorist attacks and is run by religious extremists to have access to nuclear weapons?

I don't. I was simply showing you the silliness of your post.
I think Trump should have gone to War with North Korea rather than let them advance as he has. Iran is a different story as they were in a Nuclear Agreement. We did not need to go to war to stop Iran, we were containing them peacefully.
Trump ****ed up both. Bitch that he is.

I don't. I was simply showing you the silliness of your post.
I think Trump should have gone to War with North Korea rather than let them advance as he has. Iran is a different story as they were in a Nuclear Agreement. We did not need to go to war to stop Iran, we were containing them peacefully.
Trump ****ed up both. Bitch that he is.

Which of my posts was silly? I think you might be confused.

By the way you seem to be unaware of a lot of aspects of global politics. Us going to war with North Korea would possibly cause a war with China. North Korea acts as a buffer between their asshole and our forces piled up in South Korea. They already suspect that our presence there is more about them than North Korea. If we invaded it would cause a shit storm of epic proportions. They will not tolerate our military being closer to their border. Going to war with North Korea is not as easy as you seem to think it is.

If we were serious about military action against North Korea we would have to work closely with China and it would probably have to become their territory afterwards rather than another U.S military stronghold.

Last edited:
Cut the BS. if it were an American nuclear scientist run by the twelvers, yes, do it to him also.

Your post is the advocacy of the murder of civillians so long as they are associated with Islam/Muslims ? I can't say I'm surprised but it does make any posts you make or have made regarding crimes carried out by Muslims extremely hypocritical.

This assassination says quite a bit about security and counterterrorism in Iran. Fakhrizadeh was protected by the security arm of the IRGC.

Considering that there has been at least half a dozen such assassinations of Iranian nuclear scientists, it is obvious that the IRGC is not up to the job.

They're going to have to work hard at fixing this humiliation. The Mossad again makes the IRGC look like rank amateurs.

Many Iranians will be harshly interrogated in Evan prison in the weeks to come.

Obviously the murder of 4 Iranian scientists in the last 8 years , which are stonewall acts of terrorism themselves, appears to be absent from your views expressed in that post.
That’s part of the ongoing cold war between Israel and Iran, those scientists have direct connection to the nuclear bomb that Iran wants to build.

To try to make out that Iranians are somehow unlike other humans, insomuch that they have a complete death wish for their nation, as a justification for the murder of their civilians at the hands of state terrorists in all likelihood is something of a leap based on what ?
Where did I said – “Iranians are somehow unlike other humans”?
I don’t have nothing with people of Iran (btw it was Iranians who oppose the tyrannical regime of Iran, Mujahedin, who did it), I have a problem with Iran regime which exports terror to the whole area -23661892908_bbf1af9abb_b.jpg

The Mossad for sure. Perhaps with an intel assist from the CIA.
Agree on the Mossad. I doubt it since they have better intel on Iran than we do. They felt it was now or never, they knew trump would not say or do anything and that Biden just might, so it came down to timing.

Their aggressiveness in the ME will significantly increase, and I think small dirty bombs will be at the hands of the proxies(Hezbollah) in purpose to destroy Israel.

My response has zero to do with "elites" and propaganda." I am offering you tutelage on teh nature of man, psychology 101 as it were.

That's the beauty of successful propaganda, the people don't even realize they have been had by it. You probably have more in common with the average Iranian than you do with the elite of your own country but it's the elites set are in control of the perception management

To be clear, I support defense of the tribe and sadly war and assassination is a part of that as it is in this case. You can shout crazy words as you are doing all you like, it just makes your posts ignorant and idealistic.

Your post supports crimes so long as the victims are not from your own "tribe " and/or the crime was committed by your own tribe or an ally, as it is most likely the case here. If, however, those of another tribe commit a crime against you or yours it should be denounced. There is a word for that and I am sure you know what it is.

Allowed? You keep wanting to play"make believe."

Your argument was that nations that might use them ( which is everybody btw ) shouldn't be allowed to possess them. I reminded you that the only country that has been insane enough to use them is your own and that that use was an offensive usage. Thus your argument is not based on any logical analysis and as such doesn't hold much in the way of water.

You actually refute that argument yourself in your reply 15 here which makes your position even harder to understand.

I think our position on Iran is immoral and unwise. I was very much against pulling out of the Iran Nuclear deal. However, Iran is a threat and we did what we needed to do with a major attack that would kill thousands of innocent. Like I have been teaching you, it's a hard world. You need to toughen up.

Glad to see you disagree with the US attacks on Iran which, ironically, make it more of a threat to the US but it makes me wonder if you think Iran and Iranians have a right to defend themselves from it. It's like beating a dog with a stick so much that it might well attack you and you then justify the dogs killing on the grounds that the dog was a threat. Obviously the dog was a threat but only because you beat it. Fair enough to you ?

All of life is pretty damned awful. We eat the flesh of other animals and those that can eat ours. It's a horrible world if one is objective. Christ, even black wholes eat stars. Altruism is bridled in the real world by self preservation, greed, lust...
You should maintain your "dreams" of a world that works to be fair to all but realize we are nowhere close to being able to do such things. Tribe safety, survival comes first.

If you support the aweful things that go on it's hardly going to make a better world, that's the point. We are back to the wisdom of the supporting of dog beating imo Progress is slow and hard to judge sometimes but it's a historic truism imo. I don't eat meat myself anymore and have noticed that the shops here have a pretty good range of meatfree/vegetarian options. The number of people that are vegan/vegetarian has obviously grown significantly. That's a palpable change and there are many more examples of changes for a more humane /tolerant/civilized world. All started with just a few people making the necessary stands.

If we were solely creatures unable to make these humane changes they wouldn't have ever occured in the first place. We wouldn't need words in our vocubulary like charity, aid, empathy, compassion, etc etc and it all starts with being the change you want to see in the word yourself.

Back
Top Bottom