• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In Less Than 12 Hours, "2000 Mules" Grosses More Than One Million Dollars on Locals and Rumble

If it were up to me, I would have voting booths on base and the military would vote the same way everybody else does.

I would continue to allow mail in voting for anyone who has a legitimate reason for being incapable of showing up in person to cast their vote.

The only reason we relaxed the rules like we did was to address peoples Covid concerns. That is behind us. The rules need to be returned to what they were.
There are a handful of states that have had mail-in voting for many years, very successfully. Perhaps the rest of the states could learn from them. The problem is republicans are dreadfully scared about letting everyone vote. They know if that happens, they lose. Hence, the hundreds of voter suppression laws in red states.

They know there was no widespread voter fraud. Rules were changed to make it easier during Covid. Those new rules worked so well, we had record voter turnout. The new laws are all based on lies. Republicans never want that many people voting again.

It is done securely.

You were told not to have trust in the election process, fed the lies about possibilities. It isn't true, but you believe it because it fits with other fears and beliefs you have. It isn't about legitimate reasons to be untrusting. It is about people wanting power and using gullible people to get it.
I don't trust what can not be verified

I don't trust what can not be verified
Then you shouldn't trust anything at all because the level of verification you seem to expect here is far above rational. Especially true since you trust voting in person, despite fake IDs being a thing and poll workers do not get nearly enough training to spot those. Voting in person has a lot of flaws too.

Except that at least 4 states have had and will continue to have mailin voting as their main voting option. That is how all states should be.
Implement a reliable form of verification and I have no objection to mail in ballots

Implement a reliable form of verification and I have no objection to mail in ballots
They have that already. You want something unreasonable. They are stating, through research, that the votes are secure. You don't want to believe the experts because it does not fit your preconceived beliefs about the security of mail in votes.

There are a handful of states that have had mail-in voting for many years, very successfully. Perhaps the rest of the states could learn from them. The problem is republicans are dreadfully scared about letting everyone vote. They know if that happens, they lose. Hence, the hundreds of voter suppression laws in red states.

They know there was no widespread voter fraud. Rules were changed to make it easier during Covid. Those new rules worked so well, we had record voter turnout. The new laws are all based on lies. Republicans never want that many people voting again.
How do you know it worked well?

Then you shouldn't trust anything at all because the level of verification you seem to expect here is far above rational. Especially true since you trust voting in person, despite fake IDs being a thing and poll workers do not get nearly enough training to spot those. Voting in person has a lot of flaws too.
It is much harder to defraud the vote in person than remotely

They have that already. You want something unreasonable. They are stating, through research, that the votes are secure. You don't want to believe the experts because it does not fit your preconceived beliefs about the security of mail in votes.
What is unreasonable about requiring anyone voting remotely to sign their ballot?

v
It is much harder to defraud the site in person than remotely
No it isn't. There are millions of fake IDs in this country. And they are fairly easy to make. It is so much easier to defraud in person than via the mail, especially if you link the registered voter to a phone number or email that is contacted every time something new happens with their "ballot" on an official level, including when it is sent out, received, signature verified and put into the "to be counted" pile.

What is unreasonable about requiring anyone voting remotely to sign their ballot?
They sign the envelopes for their ballots. That is enough. They shouldn't have to sign their actual ballot to appease paranoia.

You haven't watched the video, have you? Every one of your issues were dealt with.

Get back to me when you know what you are talking about.

Good luck waiting for that to happen.

I have expressed my opinion in the past that I would be amicable to remote voting if the ballots were signed so that each ballot was tied to the person casting it.

That simple harmless concession was met with a great deal of resistance when I suggested it. As if it is sacrilegious to require a person put their name on their ballot.

Absent of being able to tie a ballot to the voter makes having a chain of custody of each ballot imperitive. It reassures people that the votes are authentic.

In the absence of a simple compromise like signatures on ballots I have no choice but to endorse everyone casting their votes in person, at a polling center, in front of poll workers.
The Secret Ballot is an important consideration for most people. People have the right to trust that nobody will come after them for voting "wrong". If sig. confirmation is on the envelope, there has to be away to separate the envelope from the ballot, without exposing how the person voted.

Maybe there should of been a fuss sooner. In any case if remote voting is to be done on a wide scale level, it needs to be done securely.

People have to have confidence in the election process or we will see events worse than Jan 6th
I haven't been awake that long, this morning, but that is the most hypocritical or clueless statement I've read today.

Aug 4, 2020 — Trump wrote in a tweet “Florida’s Voting system has been cleaned up (we defeated Democrats attempts at change), so in Florida I encourage all to request a Ballot & Vote by Mail! #MAGA”

Jun 22, 2020 — President Trump tweeted a conspiracy theory that foreign countries could print and send counterfeit absentee ballots.
https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37673797

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-rigged-election-guide-230302

October 25, 2016
"...Then the “rigged” rallying cry Trump has been using for months to excite his base would matter a great deal during the standoff. Only a few of Trump’s claims would actually be relevant to any legal challenges, but they’d be especially potent pieces in the corresponding PR war that could go a long way toward delegitimizing a new Clinton administration..."

US election 2016: Trump says election 'rigged at polling places'​

https://www.bbc.com › news › election-us-2016-37673...

Oct 17, 2016 — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says those who cast doubt on his claims that next month's US elections will be rigged are "so ...

Experts Say Trump’s Fears of 'Rigged' General Election Largely Unfounded​

Experts weighed in on Trump's contention the election was rigged.
By LAUREN PEARLE
August 2, 2016,
— -- "Speaking to crowds of supporters in Columbus, Ohio yesterday, Donald Trump said that the Republican primary was “rigged” against him and he is “afraid the election is going to be rigged.”

And he is not the only beleaguered candidate, in his mind. In 2012, after then-Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney lost his election bid, Trump tweeted: “This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!”

Trump has longstanding history of calling elections 'rigged' if he doesn’t like the results​

The president has refused to acknowledge his loss to Joe Biden.
ByTerrance Smith
November 11, 2020
"..This is not the first time Trump has made claims about election fraud when the results do not please him. It has been a part of his playbook for years -- long before he entered politics.
2012 general election

On election night in 2012, when President Barack Obama was reelected, Trump said that the election was a "total sham" and a "travesty," while also making the claim that the United States is "not a democracy" after Obama secured his victory.

Trump even wrote on Twitter, "We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!"

I see right through your leftist playbook garbage, you are not fooling anyone. There's an entire film of evidence, but nothing will be enough for the American Marxist haters.
Lol look at you, once again being totally unable to provide a single shred of evidence to support any of the batshit things you've stated in this thread. And no, as I and a dozen other people have shown you, there is no evidence in the video.

People saying stupid things don't hurt me it hurts them. I'm just here to help people like you, even though those types are a lost cause.
but every single claim you've made has been thoroughly disproven. Mostly by TRUMPS VERY OWN HAND PICKED DEPARTMENT HEADS lol. Did his hand picked department heads, along with over 25 federal judges, appointed by republicans, several appointed by trump himself, ALL conspire to elect Joe Biden to the presidency? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

First off I didn't exclude your links. I hit reply and it quoted whatever was there. Perhaps you added those links afterward?

Both of those articles are opinion pieces and neither of them express the ability to verify the vote as being authentic
The Slug who told you the election was rigged is a known Liar. There are at least some verifiable lies even someone such as yourself didn't fall for, example, Day one, the size of the inaugural crowd. It was not the biggest in history. Photos show it wasn't. So if a person willingly lies about an easily disproven claim, what would be the barrier to claiming that because he was "Beaten Like A Drum", that the election was stolen by those mean people, voting for the old man, hiding in his basement.

I have expressed my opinion in the past that I would be amicable to remote voting if the ballots were signed so that each ballot was tied to the person casting it.

That simple harmless concession was met with a great deal of resistance when I suggested it. As if it is sacrilegious to require a person put their name on their ballot.

Absent of being able to tie a ballot to the voter makes having a chain of custody of each ballot imperitive. It reassures people that the votes are authentic.

In the absence of a simple compromise like signatures on ballots I have no choice but to endorse everyone casting their votes in person, at a polling center, in front of poll workers.
Many conservatives don't trust our government, to the extent that they think they need a bunch of guns to prevent government tyranny, yet you would allow that government to access your ballot to see how you voted?

They sign the envelopes for their ballots. That is enough. They shouldn't have to sign their actual ballot to appease paranoia.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree
The Secret Ballot is an important consideration for most people. People have the right to trust that nobody will come after them for voting "wrong". If sig. confirmation is on the envelope, there has to be away to separate the envelope from the ballot, without exposing how the person voted.
If secrecy is important to an individual they have the option of voting in person.

People have the right to know that the votes being cast are legally eligible.

I haven't been awake that long, this morning, but that is the most hypocritical or clueless statement I've read today.

Aug 4, 2020 — Trump wrote in a tweet “Florida’s Voting system has been cleaned up (we defeated Democrats attempts at change), so in Florida I encourage all to request a Ballot & Vote by Mail! #MAGA”

Jun 22, 2020 — President Trump tweeted a conspiracy theory that foreign countries could print and send counterfeit absentee ballots.
https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37673797

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-rigged-election-guide-230302

October 25, 2016
"...Then the “rigged” rallying cry Trump has been using for months to excite his base would matter a great deal during the standoff. Only a few of Trump’s claims would actually be relevant to any legal challenges, but they’d be especially potent pieces in the corresponding PR war that could go a long way toward delegitimizing a new Clinton administration..."

US election 2016: Trump says election 'rigged at polling places'

https://www.bbc.com › news › election-us-2016-37673...
Oct 17, 2016 — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says those who cast doubt on his claims that next month's US elections will be rigged are "so ...

Experts Say Trump’s Fears of 'Rigged' General Election Largely Unfounded​

Experts weighed in on Trump's contention the election was rigged.
By LAUREN PEARLE
August 2, 2016,
— -- "Speaking to crowds of supporters in Columbus, Ohio yesterday, Donald Trump said that the Republican primary was “rigged” against him and he is “afraid the election is going to be rigged.”

And he is not the only beleaguered candidate, in his mind. In 2012, after then-Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney lost his election bid, Trump tweeted: “This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!”

Trump has longstanding history of calling elections 'rigged' if he doesn’t like the results​

The president has refused to acknowledge his loss to Joe Biden.
ByTerrance Smith
November 11, 2020
"..This is not the first time Trump has made claims about election fraud when the results do not please him. It has been a part of his playbook for years -- long before he entered politics.
2012 general election

On election night in 2012, when President Barack Obama was reelected, Trump said that the election was a "total sham" and a "travesty," while also making the claim that the United States is "not a democracy" after Obama secured his victory.

Trump even wrote on Twitter, "We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!"
Tldr

I guess we will have to agree to disagree

If secrecy is important to an individual they have the option of voting in person.

People have the right to know that the votes being cast are legally eligible.
They can't guarantee that even when people vote in person, so it is unreasonable to demand more for those who vote by mail.

Gosh darn it! Leave them damned FACTS out of this discussion!
That letter only says there isn't enough evidence. It didn't say it didn't happen.

Keep an open mind please.

Back
Top Bottom