• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm trying my utmost to not devolve into Conspiracy Theory, but the DNC is challengin

Re: I'm trying my utmost to not devolve into Conspiracy Theory, but the DNC is challe

Your emotional appeal aside, we the people don't actually run the party and never have. We vote for the party because it promotes a specific set of policies. We don't own it nor do we set the agenda on the people that the party believes are best and chooses to promote. Our only input we have in the equation with the party are our votes. If they support X candidate, the party has no choice but to put its resources into that candidate or risk losing an election.

That said, Sanders lost. The party, as a whole, was under NO obligation to back him in the primaries. You'd have to not understand politics to not see this. In short, Sanders didn't appeal to the party and failed to get its backing. This was PATENTLY obvious in the delegate run. Delegates, Senators, Governors simply didn't line up to Sanders and chose Hillary.

You'd have to not understand how politics work to not understand this.

I think in this case he thinks the Democratic in Democratic National Committee really stands for Democracy instead of the Democratic Party. Those are two totally different terms of the word Democratic which is why I'd rather have people say the Democrat Party. It's less confusing that way.

Re: I'm trying my utmost to not devolve into Conspiracy Theory, but the DNC is challe

Actually, it's not the job of the DNC leadership to determine who their candidate will be...just like it wasn't the job of the Republican leadership to determine that Jeb Bush would be their candidate. However, the leadership of both Parties did everything they could to do just that.

The "powers that be" should not be a few Elites in either Party...it should be the total membership of the Party.

Who says it's not their job to determine who their candidates are? Is there a law that says a political party has to put their donor's money behind someone they don't believe in or can't win? If there is, I'd sure like to see it.

Who says it's not their job to determine who their candidates are? Is there a law that says a political party has to put their donor's money behind someone they don't believe in or can't win? If there is, I'd sure like to see it.

I don't think it is against the law, but it is most certainly their job to remain impartial and not put their finger on the scales (ie rig) to favor the voice of one demographic over another. It does say it right in the party charter.

I don't think it is against the law, but it is most certainly their job to remain impartial and not put their finger on the scales (ie rig) to favor the voice of one demographic over another. It does say it right in the party charter.

Political parties favor candidates in their own party over others all the time. Remember Howard Dean? He was popular but the establish didn't think he could win and that was the end of him. The DSC supported Bernie's senate campaign in Vermont over another candidate that was a democrat. So it does seem that putting their finger on the scale in favor of one candidate over another in their own party is the norm, not the exception.

I'm trying my utmost not to devolve into Conspiracy Theory, but it almost seems as if the DNC is challenging me to do that.

Take this MSM article for instance: Is it truly shocking the Party preferred Clinton?

They RIGGED the primary and they GLOAT ABOUT IT, like in this quote:

You sick ****s.

People have DIED fighting for Democracy.
MILLIONS have died fighting for it.

Not bothered by this?

Consider seeking mental help.
The primaries and the parties have nothing to do with democracy though....never have. Neither are specifically mentioned in the constitution. This is the nomination process, and we've allowed in to devolve into this 2-party monster that it is today. We failed to heed the warnings of our Founders, like Washington. And through our pride, arrogance, divisiveness, greed, and hunger for power.....we've become beholden to the Bipartisan puppet masters.

Don't blame the DNC or the RNC....blame ignorant and apathetic citizens who have fed the machine for 200+ years while getting our palm greased in return. Anyone who is upset by these party shenanigans because they claim that it violates democratic principles...is just plain ignorant of who we are. This is nothing new....this system has been in place for a long, long time. Begs the question......Why has it become such a serious issue all of a sudden?

No it is not. Their job is to listen to and obey the will of the goddamned people.

Nominations are all about the will of the Party not the people. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's just a sad reality.

It's not "lefists" it's the DNC specifically.
A lot of liberals here want to do right.

It could be argued that the DNC isn't even that liberal anymore.

Of course she will resign. The playbook is not much different than for a mafia hitman. The guy does the job then also gets killed. Of course will Debbie, it will mean a cushy private sector job next year.

She doesn't need to wait till next year.

Wasserman Schultz to Have a New Role in Clinton Campaign
Wasserman Schultz to Have a New Role in Clinton Campaign - Fortune

Surprised the Democrats aren't going crazy over this.

Link me to direct evidence of the DNC paying people to push against bernie supporters.

What fake stories specifically are you talking about??

Best I can do at the moment.
I've read a lot and move on.
At the moment that's the best repository of quick links I can get.
There are still a lot of these emails, not read yet and they're going to release more very soon.
It was confirmed yesterday that there are more.

WikiLeaks List: Most Damaging Emails About DNC, Clinton, & Bernie | Heavy.com | Page 6

WikiLeaks List: Most Damaging Emails About DNC, Clinton, & Bernie | Heavy.com | Page 26

WikiLeaks List: Most Damaging Emails About DNC, Clinton, & Bernie | Heavy.com | Page 27

WikiLeaks List: Most Damaging Emails About DNC, Clinton, & Bernie | Heavy.com | Page 28

Why does any thinking person have a question about the Clintons wielding the long lived power. This is what they both dreamed of in college.

I think it's a host of phonies.
RNC is unlikely to be any better, to be fair.
They just haven't got caught, yet.

There's probably enough dirt to be had on both sides for a whole new planet. OTOH, exactly who truly wants to believe that our government is corrupt to the core? I know I don't, but we're forced to follow where the truth leads us.

During the primary process the DNC...by their own rules...are not to be biased toward any candidate. The DNC should not take into consideration the preference of anybody who donates to them. That money is to be used for DNC purposes only. If a donor wishes their money to be used to aid a particular candidate, then they should donate directly to that candidate...not the DNC.

Now...once the candidate has been chosen the DNC has every right to refuse support if they don't like that candidate. However, as we've seen with the RNC, that course of action is very dangerous and is liable to tear the Party to shreds because they would be working against the choice of their own Party members.

But that's not what happened in this case. The DNC actively worked against one of their own candidates for their Party nomination...and yes, that is against their own rules.

Last edited:

Best I can do at the moment.
I've read a lot and move on.
At the moment that's the best repository of quick links I can get.
There are still a lot of these emails, not read yet and they're going to release more very soon.
It was confirmed yesterday that there are more.

WikiLeaks List: Most Damaging Emails About DNC, Clinton, & Bernie | Heavy.com | Page 6

WikiLeaks List: Most Damaging Emails About DNC, Clinton, & Bernie | Heavy.com | Page 26

WikiLeaks List: Most Damaging Emails About DNC, Clinton, & Bernie | Heavy.com | Page 27

WikiLeaks List: Most Damaging Emails About DNC, Clinton, & Bernie | Heavy.com | Page 28

Just based on a quick glance most of these emails disprove the entire conspiracy about DNC having inside plants and working within to get rid of Bernie! Seems like the DNC actually didn't know all too well what was going on inside the Bernie Campaign. Isn't that what you guys preferred??? Half of these emails about about them trying to get information out of Bernie's people for news stories.

Just based on a quick glance most of these emails disprove the entire conspiracy about DNC having inside plants and working within to get rid of Bernie! Seems like the DNC actually didn't know all too well what was going on inside the Bernie Campaign. Isn't that what you guys preferred???

Dude there are 20,000 emails.
I'm not a reporter, just someone interested in the subject.
I've read probably more than 100 of them and don't have it saved on my pc to serve you.
That's the best I can do right now.

Dude there are 20,000 emails.
I'm not a reporter, just someone interested in the subject.
I've read probably more than 100 of them and don't have it saved on my pc to serve you.
That's the best I can do right now.

Yes, 20,000 emails to fill your faux outrage. It's Wikileaks clickbait that does a pretty good job bashing the establishment on the surface, but if you actually read these emails without any bias, you can clearly tell that there is nothing to it, except to outline that political officials are class-A douchebags.

There was an email that kinda confirmed what Trump said about Cruz's dad.
He was a Cuban militant.

LOL.....are you crazy? Please link this 'email' if you would. I'm sure we'd ALL love to see it.

:cuckoo:

Yes, 20,000 emails to fill your faux outrage. It's Wikileaks clickbait that does a pretty good job bashing the establishment on the surface, but if you actually read these emails without any bias, you can clearly tell that there is nothing to it, except to outline that political officials are class-A douchebags.

Ok, that's your opinion and I have mine :shrug:

Ok, that's your opinion and I have mine :shrug:

proof of a conspiracy to out Bernie needs to have facts. Therefore you have none.

I'm trying my utmost not to devolve into Conspiracy Theory, but it almost seems as if the DNC is challenging me to do that.

Take this MSM article for instance: Is it truly shocking the Party preferred Clinton?

They RIGGED the primary and they GLOAT ABOUT IT, like in this quote:

You sick ****s.

People have DIED fighting for Democracy.
MILLIONS have died fighting for it.

Not bothered by this?

Consider seeking mental help.

Believe me, I understand you anger. You certainly have more to be angry about than I do.

There are enough people who feel different.
You can believe what you want.

A feeling is not proof of your claims, just trolls patting each other on the back for a job well done taking down a political group.

Back
Top Bottom