• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm trying my utmost to not devolve into Conspiracy Theory, but the DNC is challengin

Re: I'm trying my utmost to not devolve into Conspiracy Theory, but the DNC is challe

Influencing and rigging are two separate things. And I do find it surprising just how many people from all sides are in favor of the tyranny of the majority. It's wholly un-American to blindly follow the will of the people. The reason the founders set up a republican form of govt was to avoid a election like the one we are about to endure. Generations of ignorant people voting thier own interests and leaders ignoring thier noblesse oblige in favor of gaining more power have destroyed all of the safety mechanisms the constitution and founding fathers had in place.

Just looking at all the silly people claiming the will of the voters must be obeyed almost makes me wish that Trump would win and burn this country to the ground. Yall deserve it.

The Founders and the government they set up have no connection to the rules set up by any Party. The Democrats set their party up in order for the majority of member's votes to decide their candidate.

Please don't conflate or confuse our Constitution and the Democratic Party rulebook. Two different animals.

Re: I'm trying my utmost to not devolve into Conspiracy Theory, but the DNC is challe

The Founders and the government they set up have no connection to the rules set up by any Party. The Democrats set their party up in order for the majority of member's votes to decide their candidate.

Please don't conflate or confuse our Constitution and the Democratic Party rulebook. Two different animals.

They were both founded with the same ideals of a representative govt that can reject the tyranny of the majority

They were both founded with the same ideals of a representative govt that can reject the tyranny of the majority

Ummm...sorry, but the Democratic Party is a club...not a government...and the Club rules determine whether the actions of individual members are acceptable or not.

Now they are certainly free to change their rules to say that the rank and file membership have no say in what goes on...that only the Elite can make such decisions. But if they do, they'll be destroying their Party.

I'm trying my utmost not to devolve into Conspiracy Theory, but it almost seems as if the DNC is challenging me to do that.

Take this MSM article for instance: Is it truly shocking the Party preferred Clinton?

They RIGGED the primary and they GLOAT ABOUT IT, like in this quote:

You sick ****s.

People have DIED fighting for Democracy.
MILLIONS have died fighting for it.

Not bothered by this?

Consider seeking mental help.

Have you ever considered that you might be EVOLVING into CT? ;)

Huh? Of course it is. The DNC is supposed to be neutral and simply support whatever candidate the Dems vote for.

Howard Dean was on Morning Joe's show talking about his time as head of the DNC and what rules they're supposed to follow. Yesterday, Ed Rendell was also on the show - he was head of the DNC at one time too.

Dean said he was supposed to be so neutral that he didn't even vote that year in the Vermont primaries, because a vote, even a private one, implied a lack of neutrality.

Rendell said that prior to getting the job as head of the DNC, he donated $1000 to Al Gore's political campaign. As soon as he got the nod, Bill Bradley, who was opposing Gore in the primaries, came to him and pointed out that the staff of the DNC is supposed to remain completely neutral during the primaries. Rendell said he agreed and immediately made a $1000 donation to Bradley's campaign.

Both of those men, who were in that role in the past, said the rules were quite clear. Neither the head of the DNC nor any DNC staffers were to take any kind of position during the primaries - period.

While it wouldn't surprise me if Hillary and DWS were directly involved in voter fraud I have not suggested that they were.

It was entirely possible that Bernie would have secured the nomination had the DNC and Hillary not interfered with an impartial process. We don't know what the outcome might have been. What we do know is DWS, DNC and Hillary colluded to make sure the process was not impartial.

My own political views are entirely oppositional to Sanders's, but there is much to admire nevertheless. What I find so troubling is the will of the people being secretly thwarted.

U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign raised almost $21.3 million in January from small donors who contributed about $27 apiece on average, according to a report filed on Saturday with the Federal Election Commission.

Through Jan. 31, Sanders had raised $94.8 million since the campaign was launched last April 30.

Altogether, Sanders’ grassroots campaign to date has received more than 4 million contributions.

https://berniesanders.com/press-release/sanders-grassroots-campaign-passes-4-million-milestone/

No, it's not. The job of the Democratic National Committee is to get Democrats elected.

And if ethical methods don't work then resort to skullduggery.

What am I missing? I'm not, nor have I ever been, a HC fan. Or a Democrat, for that matter. But what's all the fuss about? The DNC doesn't have a vote. Their job is to support a Democrat to the White House. Makes sense the powers that be would want HC as the nominee. No question she has the best chance than any OTHER Dem.

Maybe we ought to start looking behind the curtain for the smoke screen. This just isn't a big deal...

The DNC promised political appointments to high level donors. That's a crime and it's a big deal.

DNC Planned To Reward Big Donors With Federal Appointments | The Daily Caller

Howard Dean was on Morning Joe's show talking about his time as head of the DNC and what rules they're supposed to follow. Yesterday, Ed Rendell was also on the show - he was head of the DNC at one time too.

Dean said he was supposed to be so neutral that he didn't even vote that year in the Vermont primaries, because a vote, even a private one, implied a lack of neutrality.

Rendell said that prior to getting the job as head of the DNC, he donated $1000 to Al Gore's political campaign. As soon as he got the nod, Bill Bradley, who was opposing Gore in the primaries, came to him and pointed out that the staff of the DNC is supposed to remain completely neutral during the primaries. Rendell said he agreed and immediately made a $1000 donation to Bradley's campaign.

Both of those men, who were in that role in the past, said the rules were quite clear. Neither the head of the DNC nor any DNC staffers were to take any kind of position during the primaries - period.

Greetings, tres borrachos. :2wave:

And yet we have seen that everyone does not have to follow the rules! Seems to be a pattern here lately... :?: :?: It's unfortunate that each party can't elect their own POTUS, which means that half the populous is always going to feel unhappy, but that's the system we have.

"Feel good" laws that affect a few make sense, but not at the expense of deteriorating infrastructure that affects us all! It's easier to appeal to emotion than necessity, it appears, but our debt continues to get larger and larger by the minute, while at the same time more and more people are struggling from paycheck to paycheck - if they have a job at all - so WTH kind of strategy is this that we're seeing played? :thumbdown:

No, it's not. The job of the Democratic National Committee is to get Democrats elected.

Their job is to do it legally.

There is no, "tyranny of the majority", when it comes to elections.

That's worthy of its own thread, apdst.

You're right. You want to do the honors?

You're right. You want to do the honors?

You found it. You da man!

You found it. You da man!

You recognized It's value. Git after it! :)

A political party doing what it can to get its preferred members elected is, basically, just like Hitler.
Is this a recipe for another or multiple additional parties, or what?

Last edited:

What am I missing? I'm not, nor have I ever been, a HC fan. Or a Democrat, for that matter. But what's all the fuss about? The DNC doesn't have a vote. Their job is to support a Democrat to the White House. Makes sense the powers that be would want HC as the nominee. No question she has the best chance than any OTHER Dem.

Maybe we ought to start looking behind the curtain for the smoke screen. This just isn't a big deal...

Personally, I think any democrat candidate other than the ones who ran for it would have a cakewalk against Trump. Hillary will have a tough time.

It's not "lefists" it's the DNC specifically.
A lot of liberals here want to do right.

Then vote right.. Not left..

There is no, "tyranny of the majority", when it comes to elections.

At least not today. More likely, a "tyranny of special interests".

At least not today. More likely, a "tyranny of special interests".

Like green energy?

Back
Top Bottom