• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Obama wins

You are wrong. All presidents in the past have done things like this. It isn't against the constitution or illegal.

Oh, but it is. you are totally incorrect. you get a F on this thread.

radical in what way? what in your view is radical right wing?

The radical right wing are the ones who claim they want smaller government, but get government more involved in personal issues like abortion and same sex marriage. THey want to make laws based on biblical morality. They listen to people like Rush and Beck. They want to protect the right for anyone to stock piles weapons, no matter how harmful it is to society. They want an economic system that is 100% free market.

actually you mean republicans and YES it did happen, links have already been posted :shrug:

of course not ALL reps want that but it has been pushed in areas and thats a fact

No, I mean Democrats. They are the ones talking about this to distract from Obama's failing record as President.

The radical right wing are the ones who claim they want smaller government, but get government more involved in personal issues like abortion and same sex marriage. THey want to make laws based on biblical morality. They listen to people like Rush and Beck. They want to protect the right for anyone to stock piles weapons, no matter how harmful it is to society. They want an economic system that is 100% free market.

lots of us don't give a damn about abortion or gay marriage. we tire of income redistribution, the creation of more and more dependent teat sucklers who demand more and more of our wealth. and what weapons are harmful to society? why are libs so interested in consolidating both wealth and weapons in the hands of the government

or is it you whine about guns because you figure most gun owners are conservatives who oppose your far left agenda?

balanced budget = far right radical idea. :lamo you make me :lamo hairy.

That makes no sense. What does balancing the budget have to do with what radical right wing nuts want to do?

No, I mean Democrats. They are the ones talking about this to distract from Obama's failing record as President.

that makes ZERO sense compared to your last post? nice try to back pedal but you fail.

You also fail in the fact that you are kneejerk and think this is an attack on the republicans, its not, you need to take off your biased sunglasses go back re-read the conversation and catch up LMAO what is being discussed has nothing to do with democrats

Oh, but it is. you are totally incorrect. you get a F on this thread.

Obama issued an executive order, which is well within his power to do. Most, if not all, presidents have done it in the past. Obama has used them far less than more have.

that makes ZERO sense compared to your last post? nice try to back pedal but you fail.

You also fail in the fact that you are kneejerk and think this is an attack on the republicans, its not, you need to take off your biased sunglasses go back re-read the conversation and catch up LMAO what is being discussed has nothing to do with democrats

I am not back pedaling on anything.

I am not back pedaling on anything.

you said that it wasnt happening and it in fact is, then when called out on it you said oh I mean its just a smoke screen, which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion I was having.

that is a back pedal

you said one thing, you were 100% wrong and then you tried to reword it to mean something totally different and non-related to the topic at hand

what would you call that?

lots of us don't give a damn about abortion or gay marriage. we tire of income redistribution, the creation of more and more dependent teat sucklers who demand more and more of our wealth. and what weapons are harmful to society? why are libs so interested in consolidating both wealth and weapons in the hands of the government

or is it you whine about guns because you figure most gun owners are conservatives who oppose your far left agenda?

I am against weapons that are designed to take out massive amounts of people in a short period of time. I am also against allowing ex-cons of violent crimes getting guns. I think it is best to have some gun controls in place. The radical right would allow people to stock piles asult weapons, which can be very dangerous.
Lots of us do care about abortion and gar marriage. Why should government be involved in these issues? The radical right would create a more intrusive government. I suppose the radical right wouldn't mind letting children starve either. They support doing away with all social welfare programs, and even claim SS and Medicare are welfare programs.

you said that it wasnt happening and it in fact is, then when called out on it you said oh I mean its just a smoke screen, which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion I was having.

that is a back pedal

you said one thing, you were 100% wrong and then you tried to reword it to mean something totally different and non-related to the topic at hand

what would you call that?

You may have misunderstood something. You said, "yes IMO its definitely insane to talk about banning or limiting birth control and morning after pills etc Same thing with the rape discussions absolutely nuts."

You were referring to Republicans/conservatives. I in turn purposely said, yes it is insane for Democrats to talk about that, because it is not happening (as in...Republicans are not banning birth control). Birth control is not going to be banned by Republicans, but a lot of Democrats seem to want people to think that.

...Maybe some miscommunication but no back pedaling.

You may have misunderstood something. You said, "yes IMO its definitely insane to talk about banning or limiting birth control and morning after pills etc Same thing with the rape discussions absolutely nuts."

You were referring to Republicans/conservatives. I in turn purposely said, yes it is insane for Democrats to talk about that, because it is not happening (as in...Republicans are not banning birth control). Birth control is not going to be banned by Republicans, but a lot of Democrats seem to want people to think that.

nope I didnt misunderstand anything at all

you are factually wrong

some republicans have in fact tried to ban/limit/bar birth control, morning after pill. This is a fact.

False choices are not true, no matter how much you want them to be. Please get new talking points, we were ready for liberals to call whoever the candidate was radical and far right from the get go. Thanks for not disappointing and thanks for having such integral logic fail in your posts that they are without merit.

Liberals dont want to interfere in reproductive rights, they just want everyone else to pay for them.
Laws are based upon biblical morality because the value system of the founding fathers was along those lines--the value system of the culture involved shapes the laws, ignoring this basic maxim is akin to hitting your head against a brick wall and expecting not to bleed.
Could this be the same guy talking about social issues that is whining and bitching about who people listen to on the radio? Thoughtcrime in progress!
Stockpiling weapons has not been proven to be harmful to society and in fact, may accomplish the opposite.
100%? We didnt even have that when we were a colony.

God damn if you were failing any harder you would have fallen off the internet.

False choices are not true, no matter how much you want them to be. Please get new talking points, we were ready for liberals to call whoever the candidate was radical and far right from the get go. Thanks for not disappointing and thanks for having such integral logic fail in your posts that they are without merit.

Liberals dont want to interfere in reproductive rights, they just want everyone else to pay for them.
Laws are based upon biblical morality because the value system of the founding fathers was along those lines--the value system of the culture involved shapes the laws, ignoring this basic maxim is akin to hitting your head against a brick wall and expecting not to bleed.
Could this be the same guy talking about social issues that is whining and bitching about who people listen to on the radio? Thoughtcrime in progress!
Stockpiling weapons has not been proven to be harmful to society and in fact, may accomplish the opposite.

I have to disagree that the founding fathers was along the lines of biblical morality. There is nothing that exists to prove that the founding fathers based anything on any religion within the formation of our government and it's laws. In fact, the opposite is true. According to the tready of Tripoli, the founding fathers claim this country was not established based on Chrisitanity in any way.
I think you should take a better look at what the radical right wing are proposing.

Is this before or after they wrote the first amendment.

he wont win.. but our country will be quickly sliding toward France and the USA that was the world beacon will be gone and all freedom loving people will be in peril.. the Jihad will go into a more active and violent period..

the GOP will survive as Liberalism is a failure

Mnnmm.... I love French food.....

They are pro life and pro death penalty too.

How can this be true? What they really mean is this

They are against women rights and pro killing people.

You can't say that the Republicans won't ban Birth control. They have shown themselves to be totaly insensitive to the rights of women and easily swayed by their most radical members. The whole GOP is off the rails and won't be able to win until they find their way back and it's going to be a long road.

You can't say that the Republicans won't ban Birth control. They have shown themselves to be totaly insensitive to the rights of women and easily swayed by their most radical members. The whole GOP is off the rails and won't be able to win until they find their way back and it's going to be a long road.

Birth control is a medical procedure and a choice, not a right.

Is this before or after they wrote the first amendment.

Go look at the criminal and civil code and tell me how many similarities you find to basic Christian tenets. It is insane to deny the basic truth that the laws of a culture are shaped by its mores. The majority, if not all of the early Americans were Christians of various stripes and the basis of American law is rooted in those values. It does not mean we are a Chritian nation, it means that Christian values shaped the things that were going to be codified into law.

Its a nuance that liberals and conservatives try to oversimplify way too often.

I have to disagree that the founding fathers was along the lines of biblical morality. There is nothing that exists to prove that the founding fathers based anything on any religion within the formation of our government and it's laws. In fact, the opposite is true. According to the tready of Tripoli, the founding fathers claim this country was not established based on Chrisitanity in any way.
I think you should take a better look at what the radical right wing are proposing.

Oh, so you want to argue that Romney is further to the left than Obama is to the right? This should be fun. Offer up your first piece of evidence in governance or policy. Be ready to back this with a manistream news source and not mother jones or a left wing blog, please---Ill even accept the NYT.

GO!

I agree. If they do it right I could even see myself voting for them. However they'd have to take a position of economic fairness and stop groveling at the feet of the rich, I don't think that will ever happen.

I see it more like diefying the rich. They refuse to see them as they really are. Business is not in business to create jobs, they are in business to create wealth, for themselves. Jobs are just a by-product. They need people to create that wealth, and the less people they employ, the more wealth for themselves. What business's do you know will hire more people based on how much they pay in taxes? How much profit margin they have? They hire people based on need.

I never said Clinton was a convicted rapist. I said accused. And there are plenty of other women who came forward and claimed Clinton assaulted them. If you don't remember all it takes is a Google search. It is beyond ironic though that the democrats while accusing republicans of a war on women resorted to such a predator to give the speech at their convention that nominated Obama. Extremely extreme.
Morning after pills and IUDs are classified as abortaficents by the Catholic Church. Their religious rights are being violated by the Obama administration. Obama and his administration do not respect the Constitution.

So if you're not Catholic, you have to live by their laws? Gee, can't wait for the next upcoming religion to come into majority, bet that will be great. :doh

Where did Obama violate religious rights? He didn't. Where did Obama and his administration disrespect the Constitution? It's a line from the play book the right keeps repeating, but it's false.

Back
Top Bottom