• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If it's Trump v. Biden, who will win?

If it's Trump v. Biden, who will win?

• Total voters
Boogeyman might be the wrong word, but there is no reason to think Democrats are making stuff up about how bad he is. They go by what Trump has said and written himself, his body language, and a lot more. Only blind and deaf people can deny this.
A good economy and no major foreign wars is good.

A good economy and no major foreign wars is good.

Is the economy much better now than it was three years ago? And is it better in every way or just an increase in the absolute number of people wiht jobs?

I hate the establishment and you all still haven't learned your lesson by nominating old pervert Joe Biden.

The latter part does not make any sense. Joe Biden was never nominated for president.

Biden's got more baggage yet to be exposed. Remember, if Biden and his son did nothing wrong in Ukraine, why is he, and the dems, fighting so hard to stop the investigation? If there's nothing to see, and the Obama administration said they looked into it and there's nothing there, wouldn't another investigation produce the same result? The charge against Trump is he wanted Burisma and Biden investigated to benefit him in the 2020 election. If he did nothing wrong, and Trump/Barr/Durham all came up empty, it would benefit Biden. No?

Nobody is stopping the investigation and there barely is one. Meanwhile there is an impeachment for those who haven’t noticed.

Biden is not a strong candidate, period. He is Clinton lite, not hated but milquetoast, and that makes it more of a repeat of 2016 - a close run in a few counties that gives Trump the chance to scrape through and take the EC while losing the popular vote again and he will lose that for sure. Maybe the GOP can succeed in slinging the word Burisma around like Benghazi or Emails and the numbers will even be the same.

The Dems best hope is a more popular candidate - Sanders or Warren - a better played campaign and a lot of technical things such as the LA Times suggested recently: less foreign influence, people not as fooled by bots and social media, better fight against gerrymandering and voter suppression tactics such as we’ve recently seen Michigan; a few more populist ideas on the ballot like softer marijuana laws; general disgust at the GOP that might give them a stronger hand in senate races. but Trump energises his base and that’s all he’s got, he doesn’t pick up a single new vote in 2020, and Biden or not, EC or not he could lose the people by an even wider margin.

So Trump can beat Biden, like he beat Clinton, and that’s Biden’s weakness. Also Biden could win, by not making the same campaign blunders she did. However if he becomes the nominee they’re already halfway to losing because he brings a similar weakness of candidacy to the table and lacks the broad appeal to get people off their couches.

If it's Trump vs. any Democrat running or just considering running it's Trump. That ship sailed when the sham impeachment failed.

He will be though. The DNC already has it rigged.

Nonsense. For an election to be rigged, Joe Biden must be the only candidate getting any money from the DNC and sponsorships from liberal unions so that Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders have no chance to catch up. At this point, they are all on equal footing.

I don't even think there is going to be much of a chance for Biden here. On top of all his physical failings during the run up to this point and just how bad the whole Barisma thing with his son looked. It doesn't seem much is going to be working in his favor.

It has to be said that with the debates still going, he's had more and more softball questions thrown at his over the last few months and almost all of the democrats are busy taking pot shots at one another as well.

Trump on the other hand still have the incumbency, the increase in the economy to stand on, the increase in jobs. He's also seen a rise in support through both the black & Hispanic communities over the last two years. This all mixed in with the impeachment circus being little more than just a show and the democrats are still too afraid to commit on going through with it. All of this just piled on the exact same stage of him just winning out over the democrats repeatedly.

I'm just not seeing much hope for Biden at this point. Unless the democrats pull something crooked like they did in 2016, he'd need a miracle.

What does being a progressive mean?

It sounds good but the description is so vague it seems anyone can claim that they are "Progressive". What type of social organization are they referring to and how is it implemented?

If you look at the root word progress. If conservatives had their way we'd still be taking a dump in outhouses because that's the way George Washington did it. The biggest joke is when so called conservatives say they support Trump who is many things but conservative isn't one of them.

I am not convinced that Biden will be the nominee but if he is, he pretty much sank his chances winning the blue collar vote. He publicly stated in the last debate that in the name of Climate Change he will work to shut down industries even if it means thousands upon thousands of people losing their jobs. Do you think any blue collar worker in their right mind would vote for someone that threatens to take their job away? He may get support of some leaders of unions but not the workers. He can forget winning PA, OH, WI, MN, MI, with that kind of talk. The only place in the U.S. that will play well is the NE coast and the W coast. Everything else in between will be a kiss my grits moment from the blue collar workers to Biden .

Trump will win in 2020.

Trump will pound on this. The insensitivity of thinking folks who come from generations of blue collar workers will easily transition into computer jobs. Whole cities will be destroyed. The overall lack of awareness and inability to anticipate consequences seems to be rampant on the left.

Boogeyman might be the wrong word, but there is no reason to think Democrats are making stuff up about how bad he is. They go by what Trump has said and written himself, his body language, and a lot more. Only blind and deaf people can deny this.
You keep saying things like this, but it isn't so. Any fair minded person can look past such superficial attributes and see what his policies are or examine what the administration is doing.

Also, only a blind and deaf person can ignore what is being done to him. If you think Trump looks bad, Democrats look worse.

If you look at the root word progress. If conservatives had their way we'd still be taking a dump in outhouses because that's the way George Washington did it. The biggest joke is when so called conservatives say they support Trump who is many things but conservative isn't one of them.

So, you don't know? OK. Thanks for sharing at least.

You keep saying things like this, but it isn't so. Any fair minded person can look past such superficial attributes and see what his policies are or examine what the administration is doing.

Also, only a blind and deaf person can ignore what is being done to him. If you think Trump looks bad, Democrats look worse.

You denied Trump is mean. You denied he is a bad guy. As in a bad person, regardless of his policies. I am not talking about policies. I am talking about Trump being an evil man who does not deserve anyone's vote.

Trump will pound on this. The insensitivity of thinking folks who come from generations of blue collar workers will easily transition into computer jobs. Whole cities will be destroyed. The overall lack of awareness and inability to anticipate consequences seems to be rampant on the left.

Blue collar workers aren't too stupid to learn how to use computers.

If it's Trump vs. any Democrat running or just considering running it's Trump. That ship sailed when the sham impeachment failed.

This is something only trumpists believe. The impeachment is not over and is very popular. It’s a myth that somehow people disgusted by impeachment will come out of the woodwork and vote for trump. Those who are against it were in the bag for him already. He won’t get new voters out of this. In fact he’s maxed out or bottomed out as it is. His only hope for winning is low turnout because of a weak opponent like Biden

How is Biden a weak candidate against Trump?

Trump has a lot of enthusiasm behind him. Where is the enthusiasm for Biden?

That's it? Tell me how Biden is weak against Trump on his personality outside politics and fitness to be President.

ummmmmmmm my former boss. Ya i want to put my trust in a man who can't remember the president he served under

That's it? Tell me how Biden is weak against Trump on his personality outside politics and fitness to be President.

"That's it?" That's HUGE. If you have little enthusiasm behind a candidate, the voters won't come out to vote.

P.S. I started a thread in General Politics to ask you about why you think Trump can't lose the popular vote and win again.

"That's it?" That's HUGE. If you have little enthusiasm behind a candidate, the voters won't come out to vote.

We are 11 months and 2 days away (in a leap year) so that does not mean anything at all right now. Also, I was asking about the candidate, not the voters.

We are 11 months and 2 days away (in a leap year) so that does not mean anything at all right now. Also, I was asking about the candidate, not the voters.

The voters are the ones who will choose the winner. I know it's almost a year away -- we're making predictions as of right now.

Eh, I'm not going to vote at this point. If Biden wins the Democratic nomination, the election itself depends upon whether the progressive wing of the Dem party steps up and votes, or stays home to pout like they did in 2016.

Eh, I'm not going to vote at this point. If Biden wins the Democratic nomination, the election itself depends upon whether the progressive wing of the Dem party steps up and votes, or stays home to pout like they did in 2016.

That's exactly the way I see it. AOC & her crew plan to primary any democrat candidate who will not
pass the 'limus test'. Along that line, Bernie supporters will stay home in protest if someone other than he is the nominee.
They feel the Bern, they did not appreciate how things worked out in 2016. Maybe they'ed support Warren but not Biden!

Back
Top Bottom