• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Democrats Did This It Would Be Genius (They Won't)

Beau of the Fifth Column has a great idea in how to have the DNC respond to the GOP refusing to debate for the upcoming election: Invite Libertarian Party candidates to debate the Democrats instead. This would pull GOP votes towards the LP. It is a win-win for Democrats. Will the DNC do it, though? 99.9% chance they won't.

Please by all means do it.

They are more likely to pull from moderate Democrats/liberals, imo, as it's a debate.

For every Democrat/leftist the LP candidate will take away, he/she will take away at least 10 Republicans/conservatives. Meanwhile, the Republican candidate(s) will just continue their rally circle jerks for the most loyal cultists.

That's not an answer. I'm looking for the non-political reason why you believe people should be allowed to freely cross state borders, but not country borders.

Sorry I can't help you. If the fact that illegals are not citizens but Americans are, is not disparity enough, I don't know what your looking for.

It is also an odd way to debate when you try to tell me my answers to your questions are not good enough and to try again.

How?

I don't care about all of this political shit. You could make similar arguments for/against abortion laws or for/against gun laws and it wouldn't convince anyone.
This is a good point.

It had not occurred to me that like abortion and gun laws, the right to travel is a constitutional right that applies to US citizens.

While illegals do rightly have some select constitutional rights, I do not believe the right to travel is one of them. I doubt current SCOTUS would even touch that.

Unfortunately, progressive hero Bernie doesn't see it that way:

Not only is he wrong, but he uses the most ignorant argument against immigration ever conceived.

Bernie's not my hero. I don't have heroes.

What supposed ignorant argument?

For every Democrat/leftist the LP candidate will take away, he/she will take away at least 10 Republicans/conservatives. Meanwhile, the Republican candidate(s) will just continue their rally circle jerks for the most loyal cultists.
I disagree as they will be going after each other. Anything said to the other does damage, and since the LP really can only go up, it will basically just be the Dem that takes the hits. Either way, I'll concede that this point is speculation at best, on either side.

Bernie's not my hero. I don't have heroes.

What supposed ignorant argument?

He thinks the economy is a jobs program (just like Trump does), hence he believes immigration makes America poorer.

Cry some more.

^'I know you are but what am I?'

If that were the case then the GOP candidates would be champing at the bit to get on the debate stage. Instead, they're doing the opposite.

My side isn't pretending that JFK Jr. is coming back from the dead to run with Trump...
Your greatest dilemma to date. ;)

Democrats would never willingly go head-to-head with libertarian. Dems HATE libertarians. Even more than the republicans hate libertarians! :LOL:
Just a small reminder that the official Libertarian Party platform is one of open borders, holding police accountable, and Jo Jorgensen came out in support of Black Lives Matter.

Meaning "libertarians" also hate themselves.

Lol, Matt Walsh the 'children's author.' Well that explains a lot.
It explains that you have zero explanation. lol

Here, let's view it again. ;)

It expalins that you have zero explanation. lol

Here, let's view it again. ;)

Zero explanation for why you are hijacking the thread? Sure. Get lost and go read another children's book.

He thinks the economy is a jobs program (just like Trump does), hence he believes immigration makes America poorer.

Jobs are a big part of the American economy.

I suppose that immigration could be a net positive or a net negative.

You should stop trying to coddle minorities. Did you even ask them if they want to wear your favorite diapers?

Real Human beings don't ask "how high?" when radicals tell them to jump.

We already know that to people like you a “radical” is anyone to the left of Pinochet, so that’s a meaningless label as usual.

Almost as meaningless, in fact, as your tearful whining about “diapers”.

We already know that to people like you a “radical” is anyone to the left of Pinochet, so that’s a meaningless label as usual.

Almost as meaningless, in fact, as your tearful whining about “diapers”.
Radicals embrace abortion rights. Do you embrace abortion rights?

"Diapers" are worn by anyone who supports growing government. Would you be happy if the government stopped growing? Or do you feel the government has so much more to expand on and put in place?

Radical implies outside the norm. In case you've been living under the rock, abortion rights are recognized by federal law. Cant get more 'norm' than that.

"Diapers" are worn by anyone who supports growing government.

I guess Charlie Kirk likes growing govt.

"Diapers" are worn by anyone who supports growing government. Would you be happy if the government stopped growing? Or do you feel the government has so much more to expand on and put in place?

Being pro choice isn’t particularly “radical”. Even Ireland is pro choice now.

Given that “small government” has basically always been code for enabling the suppression of minorities’ constitutional rights, that’s a laugh.

Being pro choice isn’t particularly “radical”. Even Ireland is pro choice now.

Given that “small government” has basically always been code for enabling the suppression of minorities’ constitutional rights, that’s a laugh.
Translation: Yes, Ren, I embrace abortion rights.

Translation: Yes, Ren, government has so much more to expand on and put in place.

Thank you for being at least semi-honest, Tigerace117.

Radical implies outside the norm. In case you've been living under the rock, abortion rights are recognized by federal law. Cant get more 'norm' than that.

I guess Charlie Kirk likes growing govt.
No, radical is "very different from the usual or traditional". See, the only people who buy your definition are radicals themselves.

We already knew that you're a government expansionist, Geoist, but thank you for your reconfirmation anyways. ;)

As usual, Beau misses the point. Democrats could host these debates NOW, but they don't. They could debate libertarian, green, constitution, american solidarity or reform parties, or allow independent candidates at debates. They don't... and infact none of these groups are represented by the CPD anyway.... What a whiff.

What he should be arguing is how this is an opportunity to enact reforms to disperse political power to more groups, not concentrate it into one group...

Translation: Yes, Ren, I embrace abortion rights.

Translation: Yes, Ren, government has so much more to expand on and put in place.

Thank you for being at least semi-honest, Tigerace117.

You being triggered by the facts can’t change them, no matter how much you cry.

You being triggered by the facts can’t change them, no matter how much you cry.
Facts and you fight each other at every turn.

See, this is how it works: I provide the facts, and you provide the circumvention of the facts. It's the only thing your side is really good at.

Facts and you fight each other at every turn.

See, this is how it works: I provide the facts, and you provide the circumvention of the facts. It's the only thing your side is really good at.

You wouldn’t know a fact if it bit you in ass 😂

Maybe in your fantasy world, but not in real life, which is why all you can do is sob impotently about minorities having rights.

You wouldn’t know a fact if it bit you in ass 😂

Maybe in your fantasy world, but not in real life, which is why all you can do is sob impotently about minorities having rights.
Facts are not your friends, my friend.

It's why you stupidly insist that I have trouble with minorities having rights. ;)

Back
Top Bottom