• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Democrats Did This It Would Be Genius (They Won't)

Then just admit that the question scares the shit out of you and we'll move in.

The question doesn’t scare anyone. The question has absolutely no relation to reality, and is therefore irrelevant.

I agree. The "debates" lately have become the Republican candidate vs the Democrat candidate and the Moderator.
True story.

The question doesn’t scare anyone. The question has absolutely no relation to reality, and is therefore irrelevant.
Then tell me you disagree with that statement and that it's totally absurd.

Oh, and it IS relevant as this kind of thinking is what gave wheels to Title 9 and equal opportunity employment.

Then tell me you disagree with that statement and that it's totally absurd.

Oh, and it IS relevant as this kind of thinking is what gave wheels to Title 9 and equal opportunity employment.

I have….repeatedly.

You being in tears because the government has prevented bigots from discriminating against minorities is rather telling though.

I have….repeatedly.

You being in tears because the government has prevented bigots from discriminating against minorities is rather telling though.
Thank you, but no thank you. I say that because you go right back to breathing life into that comment again.

Check it out:

"You being in tears because the government has prevented bigots from discriminating against minorities"
"if everyone can't do it, then no one should be allowed to do it".

See the similarities?

Thank you, but no thank you. I say that because you go right back to breathing life into that comment again.

Check it out:

"You being in tears because the government has prevented bigots from discriminating against minorities"
"if everyone can't do it, then no one should be allowed to do it".

See the similarities?

Nope, because none exists. Nobody argued that straight people shouldn’t be allowed to get married because bigots kept LGBT people from doing so. Duh.

Your persecution complex is pathetic.

Beau of the Fifth Column has a great idea in how to have the DNC respond to the GOP refusing to debate for the upcoming election: Invite Libertarian Party candidates to debate the Democrats instead. This would pull GOP votes towards the LP. It is a win-win for Democrats. Will the DNC do it, though? 99.9% chance they won't.

They won't, not in the least. But you're right, they should. Be nice to get third parties some exposure.

Nope, because none exists. Nobody argued that straight people shouldn’t be allowed to get married because bigots kept LGBT people from doing so. Duh.

Your persecution complex is pathetic.
Well, I'm sorry, Tigerace, but there IS a similarity and you believe both statements with every fiber of your being. You'd never admit that in public, of course, because there's still enough integrity out there to damage your cause.

This is a battle, my friend, and you are on the wrong side.

Just thought you should know. ;)

Well, I'm sorry, Tigerace, but there IS a similarity and you believe both statements with every fiber of your being. You'd never admit that in public, of course, because there's still enough integrity out there to damage your cause.

This is a battle, my friend, and you are on the wrong side.

Just thought you should know. ;)

There is no similarity.....except in the minds of those with out of control persecution complexes, who think minorities having rights somehow hurts them.

Oh, the fact that people like you fight fanatically to strip Americans of their rights is well known bud. Unfortunately for you, your heroes just keep getting their asses kicked 😂

There is no similarity.....except in the minds of those with out of control persecution complexes, who think minorities having rights somehow hurts them.

Oh, the fact that people like you fight fanatically to strip Americans of their rights is well known bud. Unfortunately for you, your heroes just keep getting their asses kicked 😂
Kick, scream or faux laugh hysterically -- I don't give a shit. The truth is the truth and we both know you're lying.

"If everyone can't do it, then NO ONE CAN DO IT!!".

That is your mantra. Own it.

Kick, scream or faux laugh hysterically -- I don't give a shit. The truth is the truth and we both know you're lying.

"If everyone can't do it, then NO ONE CAN DO IT!!". This is your mantra. Own it.

The truth is that your persecution complex is utterly pathetic. Nobody ever argued for banning marriage because LGBT people couldn’t marry.

As usual, your whining is both nonsensical and utterly deluded.

The truth is that your persecution complex is utterly pathetic. Nobody ever argued for banning marriage because LGBT people couldn’t marry.

As usual, your whining is both nonsensical and utterly deluded.
No, the truth is that you're sugar coating your mantra and that is being deceptive. The question is, are you being deliberate?

Do you understand what it means to lie, Tigerace? Do you even know what a lie is? I don't think you do because you keep running your cyber mouth with this charade.

No, the truth is that you're sugar coating your mantra and that is being deceptive. The question is, are you being deliberate?

Do you understand what it means to lie, Tigerace? Do you even know what a lie is? I don't think you do because you keep running your cyber mouth with this charade.
No, the truth is that you feel victimized by gay people having rights…..for absolutely no reason, because nobody ever argued that straight people shouldn’t be allowed to get married when gay people couldn’t.

Your desperation to find some excuse to “justify” your bigotry is, once again, truly pathetic.

This guy is brilliant. That's EXACTLY what the Democrats should do! If only 2% - 3% of moderate right and independent voters decide to vote for the libertarian candidate they see on TV, it hurts the Republican Party tremendously.

And it also sends another message -- Republicans are too cowardly to defend their racist, corrupt beliefs on TV.

I've been hoping that some of the Never Trumper Republicans would start a third party before the 2022 midterms in order to siphon off 3% - 5% of Republican votes, but unfortunately that has not happened.

This is a "self-inflicted" wound for the Republican Party, as the speaker stated. Just like the Republicans' idiotic decision to pull out of the Jan 6 Committee.
I am not so sure there would be that many Republican votes to cross the lines. Many of us still remember the "protest" votes cast for Perot. I actually thought he could and would win and voted for him twice (the second time was extremely weak and more protest than hopeful). Many Republicans see Ross Perot as the reason we got a Clinton second term. In today's climate, many feel the stakes are much higher and there is a greater tendency to "bunker" in my opinion.

Personally, I won't cast another vote for an independent or 3rd party or Libertarian unless I believe there is an almost certain chance that candidate will win. If there isn't, I'll go with my second choice.

As for the debates, the Republicans were right to pull out. It makes no sense when the rules are stacked against you. Reagan paid for his own debate. Put this back on the candidates to work out...or not... The debates have devolved into gotcha moments and opportunities for soundbites, quips, and a collection of uninformative responses on subjects about which many voters have no interest. I think most seem to think something needs to change and now is good time to change things.

Point out where I said that.
I just assumed, since apparently the existence of two men getting married "****s with" marriages of other people. Can you elaborate on what you meant by that? How has marriage been "****ed with?"

I am totally okay with the GOP running and hiding at debate time.

Why don't republican P-USSIES want to debate?

What are the pathetic little republican "snowflakes" cryin' about now?
They have zero policies that help anyone in any way. All they run on is hating Dems, hating gays, hating trans and hating crt... Aka hating blacks.

The only real policies they have is tax cuts for the rich, destroying social security and abolishing medicaid/medicare. And they don't want to run on those publicly.

I just assumed, since apparently the existence of two men getting married "****s with" marriages of other people. Can you elaborate on what you meant by that? How has marriage been "****ed with?"
Don't just assume, get the facts first.

I'll answer starting with this:

Talk to me about the history of gay marriage and how it has been so important to the homosexual community (and to the rest of humanity for that matter) throughout the ages.

Last edited:
Don't just assume, get the facts first.

I'll answer starting with this:

Talk to me about the history of gay marriage and how it has been so important to the homosexual community (and to the rest of humanity for that matter) throughout the ages.
No, I will not do that.

You are the one declaring that marriage is being "****ed with," the burden to demonstrate the claim rests with you. You are arguing to deny two human beings the right to sign a legal contract that has nothing to do with you, if you want the government to enforce your desire you're gonna need a better reason than "I don't like it."

Good news! You have a better reason, supposedly. You have claimed they are "****ing with marriage." So all you have to do is explain to us what that means. So simple!

No, I will not do that.

You are the one declaring that marriage is being "****ed with," the burden to demonstrate the claim rests with you. You are arguing to deny two human beings the right to sign a legal contract that has nothing to do with you, if you want the government to enforce your desire you're gonna need a better reason than "I don't like it."

Good news! You have a better reason, supposedly. You have claimed they are "****ing with marriage." So all you have to do is explain to us what that means. So simple!
Yes, you will do that if you want to continue this discussion.

If you can't handle it, simply tap out.

Yes, you will do that if you want to continue this discussion.

If you can't handle it, simply tap out.
I see you can't handle defending your own claims, which means the discussion is already over, my friend. You've proven to my satisfaction that you can identify no way in which marriage of any sort has been harmed, and as far as rights go in America that's the end of the discussion as far as I'm concerned.

If you have nothing else, have a nice day.

I would be curious to have libertarian candidates explain why they support open borders.

Or the contradiction of why they don’t.

“I don’t believe the government should infringe on any individual’s freedoms… unless they cross an invisible arbitrary line on a piece of paper.”

I see you can't handle defending your own claims, which means the discussion is already over, my friend. You've proven to my satisfaction that you can identify no way in which marriage of any sort has been harmed, and as far as rights go in America that's the end of the discussion as far as I'm concerned.

If you have nothing else, have a nice day.
I see you've already tapped out.

I don't blame you, of course. The truth burns people like you probably on a daily basis.

It's no matter. You're only a small part of a much bigger problem. A simple cog, if you will. ;)

I see you've already tapped out.

I don't blame you, of course. The truth burns people like you probably on a daily basis.

It's no matter. You're only a small part of a much bigger problem. A simple cog, if you will. ;)
The truth you are for some reason unwilling to describe, sure. The reality is that your silly question just doesn't matter. This is America, and in America we value freedom. Gay people don't need to justify why they should have equal rights, least of all justify it to you. LOL. You're some rando on the internet, you don't get veto power over freedom. You want to restrict something, you need to prove why.

And you can't. That's why you're running away and trying to smugly declare victory. Run along, then! Keep hiding from your own words. It's always fun to watch the gymnastics.

Back
Top Bottom