• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If a woman's right to terminate were overturned

BDBoop

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
What would all you pro-lifers then do with all the hours you no longer needed to waste preaching on message boards. Would you start tilting at other windmills?

They'd go try to make homosexuality a felony.

What would all you pro-lifers then do with all the hours you no longer needed to waste preaching on message boards. Would you start tilting at other windmills?

This is a stupid question.

It is like asking someone during the civil rights movement, "If you were granted civil rights, then what would you do. Would you start tilting at other windmills?"

If you think it's stupid, then don't answer it.

This is a stupid question.

It is like asking someone during the civil rights movement, "If you were granted civil rights, then what would you do. Would you start tilting at other windmills?"

Not that stupid a question, when you consider that's exactly what they did.

Honestly, this isn't much other than trolling.

I'll answer it anyway, I suppose. I'm pro-life, but that isn't my only issue or even my primary one. There are other things that are already of higher importance to me.

Making adoption in America a simpler and cheaper process would be a good alternative though, for those who needed something to do with their spare time.

Seeing as I have a PhD in physics and work in a research lab, I have plenty to do. But sometimes, I'll humor the little people by responding to their stupid, smarmy (though failing), idiotic questions. They need to feel like they matter sometimes. Though they don't. Ever.

Funny. My best friend has a PhD, and she's never seen the need to try to make me feel 'less than'. I wonder why you did.

Seeing as I have a PhD in physics and work in a research lab, I have plenty to do. But sometimes, I'll humor the little people by responding to their stupid, smarmy (though failing), idiotic questions. They need to feel like they matter sometimes. Though they don't. Ever.

I'd spend time thanking God. I'd support adoptions. I'd support organizations that help women financially who weren't prepared to be mothers but don't feel they could give up the baby for adoption. Things like that.
What would the pro-abortion camp do? Go back to trying to overturn the law so they could get back to killing the unborn?

Thank you for asking. I don't know. You can't tell by these two threads, but this issue is not my passion. Reading is. Getting an online business off the ground. Once it is, then I would like to become involved in the support of no-kill shelters, possibly (big maybe) start one of my own. I figure it makes more sense to support one that's already done all the ground work, but is financially hurting.

I'd spend time thanking God. I'd support adoptions. I'd support organizations that help women financially who weren't prepared to be mothers but don't feel they could give up the baby for adoption. Things like that.
What would the pro-abortion camp do? Go back to trying to overturn the law so they could get back to killing the unborn?

That's funny that you have a PhD in blahty-blah-whatever, yet you frequently don't come off as being any more clever, articulate, or intelligent than me.
I have an eighth grade education, and a GED.
Whatever are they teaching in America's institutes of higher learning these days?

Oh for a moment there I thought I'd walk into an abortion thread and find everyone getting along.

Dividing my zero . . . and trying to grasp the concept of a universe before God will net the same results.

Gosh...lets see...

if a womans right to kill a baby was overturned what would I do...

Well..Im OPPOSED to banning abortions...so I would probably do what I do now...which is advocate for responsible sexual practices for men and women and work to provide better opportunities for adoption, for mentoring of teen mothers and providing private support (especially working hard to guilt the HELL out of the anti-abortionists to put their money where their mouth is), work really hard to identify the wealthy people sending their children away for 'legal' abortions and commenting on the disparity...

so probably not much difference...

Thank you for what you are doing, sir.

Probably still be here arguing with you about it.

That's funny that you have a PhD in blahty-blah-whatever, yet you frequently don't come off as being any more clever, articulate, or intelligent than me.
Whatever are they teaching in America's institutes of higher learning these days?

LOL, if you have a GED, you have a high school education, not an eighth grade education. Don't belittle the GED, it's every bit as good as a high school diploma. Just sayin'

I never passed high school mathematics and only graduated due to a clerical error. For all the things I'm accused of being on a regular basis, insignificant and unintelligent rarely come up.

LOL, if you have a GED, you have a high school education, not an eighth grade education. Don't belittle the GED, it's every bit as good as a high school diploma. Just sayin'

Hell, her GED probably means more than my diploma does, if you look at it objectively.

Last edited:
What would us pro-life people do? Move on to other injustices, and probably listen to a bunch of angry feminists scream about how they should have the right to murder their unborn. Then they would be the ones preaching. The roles would be reversed.

What would us pro-life people do? Move on to other injustices, and probably listen to a bunch of angry feminists scream about how they should have the right to murder their unborn. Then they would be the ones preaching. The roles would be reversed.

Every law offends someone's moral sensibilities. I think I should have the right to agree with other gentlemen to resolve our disputes with pistols at dawn.

Hmm, let's see. I'm pro choice so my answer isn't required here.

Roe vs. Wade was decided in 1973. My teenage girlfriend and I, at the tender age of 16 found ourselves to be near future parents. Those "safe days" don't really exist. The year was 1971. We lived in Nebraska at the time where abortions were against the State law. We had to come up with air fare and accommodations for a 2 day visit to New York, where abortion was legal prior to R vs W.

Many Pro-life people are under the assumption that overturning the Supreme Court decision in 1973 would suddenly end all legal abortions.

Read what I wrote and understand what it means. We were very much in love, but we felt that dropping out of HS to become parents would be very detrimental to both of our young lives. Her family moved to New Hampshire a few months later. Possibly to get her away from me.

Funny. My best friend has a PhD, and she's never seen the need to try to make me feel 'less than'. I wonder why you did.
That is probably because unlike in the past when people of higher education possessed a much broader knowledge base and thus could support their arguments with relevant facts and arguments, without needing top boast, some feel that by proclaiming a high degree in some field lends credibility to their non arguments. That of course begs the question as to the veracity of such proclamations on an anonymous internet forum.

Of course we would work to overturn such an invasive and wrong law. That and the fact that killing the unborn would never cease in the first place.

Hi Mr. Shane. Have you had any contact with her since 'back in the day'?

Her family moved to New Hampshire a few months later. Possibly to get her away from me.

Back
Top Bottom