• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Idea while at convention

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
True LD debates!!

Would be classic and wonderfully fun.
I wonder if some of the best debaters here can LD as good in real life.

vauge said:
True LD debates!!

Or a karoke machine...

either or...

I have the whole set up, we could have it in my showroom, for free!

12,000 square feet

Deegan said:
I have the whole set up, we could have it in my showroom, for free!

12,000 square feet
Do I gotta stand in a vase?...:doh

vauge said:
True LD debates!!

lol, it would be completely different. we dont have to respond on the spot when debating online.

cnredd said:
Do I gotta stand in a vase?...:doh

No, it's all good, we don't have a vase to fit your big a$$, but we do accept tips.....................;)

vauge said:
True LD debates!!

But wouldn't that necessitate finding a venue with a steel cage, arena seating, and the setting up of complicated mathematical tables for accomidating the oddsmaking and betting?

I'm anxiously awaiting the line on the death match between Billo and Gunny, myself. I mean, after Billo dispatched Karl The Shredder with his patetened speed metal claw and Gunny had little trouble with Dr. Jihad using his classic Jarhead drop, I would think fans would be lining up in droves.

If it happens I think we should a little fun award ceremony, the craziest lib, the craziest con, best debater, the loudest etc etc etc.

Gardener said:
But wouldn't that necessitate finding a venue with a steel cage, arena seating, and the setting up of complicated mathematical tables for accomidating the oddsmaking and betting?

I'm anxiously awaiting the line on the death match between Billo and Gunny, myself. I mean, after Billo dispatched Karl The Shredder with his patetened speed metal claw and Gunny had little trouble with Dr. Jihad using his classic Jarhead drop, I would think fans would be lining up in droves.
haha :rofl

GarzaUK said:
If it happens I think we should a little fun award ceremony, the craziest lib, the craziest con, best debater, the loudest etc etc etc.

Ooh, I like that idea!!

I know that some people on here have mentioned that they were legit debaters back in the day. With some its plain, others not so much. Still be very fun.

So who's going to vid tape the whole thing?

128shot said:
So who's going to vid tape the whole thing?

Anybody got a digital camcorder? That would probably be the best route to go, as it's much easier to transfer a video to a computer and then to a CD than it is to transfer it to a VHS tape. I can take video with my digital camera, but that will only record for as long as my memory card will hold, which wouldn't be nearly long enough.

well, you could tape it all to computer form webcams too. I've seen this done with good results.

Unless you want close ups too.

(shake that sexy body......:2razz: )

128shot said:
well, you could tape it all to computer form webcams too. I've seen this done with good results.

Unless you want close ups too.

(shake that sexy body......:2razz: )

I don't think webcams are really viable, as you'd have to have a computer set up to even operate it, not to mention, they don't have a very long range and aren't exactly the most portable things.

And aim those sexy body comments elsewhere!!! Haha, I'll either be hugely pregnant when we have this thing, or will have a newborn in tow....not exactly my idea of sexiness!! :rofl

Stace said:
I don't think webcams are really viable, as you'd have to have a computer set up to even operate it, not to mention, they don't have a very long range and aren't exactly the most portable things.

And aim those sexy body comments elsewhere!!! Haha, I'll either be hugely pregnant when we have this thing, or will have a newborn in tow....not exactly my idea of sexiness!! :rofl

lmao. There is also Kelzie :2razz:'

I saw something on TV the other day about wireless webcams that can centralized to one hub

1. An in depth killer seminar of the tools of this site.

2. Pez eating flying monkeys.

3. A trivia/IQ, or whatever, team contest. Both sides always claim to be the smartest and that is the reason they give for winning any given debate. "Oh you conservatives are obviously too stupid to know what I'm talking about, therefor I refuse to debate you any longer and summarily claim victory." "Oh you libs have a mental disorder and are too stupid to follow my logic. I win." Let's find out and dispence with this weak bullshit out.

I, of course, will be my own team and will walk away with the crown.

4. A raffle. Grand prize? Winner gets to poke a caged Billo with sticks. (galenrox.)

Don't get me started!

teacher said:
1. An in depth killer seminar of the tools of this site.
Dude! We only have 3 or 4 days... pffth

We need time to do other stuphs. :mrgreen:

You are making me this look forward to attending this event more and more.

Hope I can.

For the record, I prefer Parliamentary to LD, but I'm awfully fond of Public Forum-- though the college circuit still hasn't picked it up.

Speaking of live debate, will there be a live Basement? A DP Fight Club?

Jerry said:
Speaking of live debate, will there be a live Basement? A DP Fight Club?

First rule of DP Fight Club: We do not talk about the DP Fight Club.

Back
Top Bottom