• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ian McCormack - an Atheist - Dead on Morgue Slab - Goes to Hell . . .

Guys, they've tested these "near-death" and/or "revived from dead" experiences. They started hiding stuff on top of lights, shelves, and other "tall" things. Funny enough, even though most of their interviews involve seeing an eagle-eye view of the room or even floating through the ceiling, not one interviewee has been able to describe anything they couldn't have seen from eye-level. There's just no evidence that they have obtained any knowledge from "beyond".

I won't act like I'm not afraid of death, I am, but I've found a lot of peace in the notion that it's an unknown. By definition, you have no idea what's going to happen, so why be afraid of it. Even the atheist idea of "nothing" is still not a completely known experience; I've never died and experienced this "nothing", so how can I know it? I don't. I feel that your death will be defined by your life. Just live a good life and stop worrying about whether you're "right" about death.

If you were in the process of drifting out of your body, do you really think that you would be noticing what was on the shelves....?

Without the equipment to see, you wouldn't know they were there.

They are very credible to those that experience them...
I'm sure they are, and I don't judge people for finding them credible. I just don't agree with them. And I'm sure that lady that found the virgin mary in her cheese sandwich thinks it a very credible experience.

If you were in the process of drifting out of your body, do you really think that you would be noticing what was on the shelves....?
All I know is that they haven't. Without evidence or proof, it's not really much of a debate; If we don't need proof to back up what we say, why not just say whatever we want? I am the King of Spain.

How would you explain a woman who was in a bad accident, was comatose in the hospital, her soul/conscienceness leaves her body--she sees herself lying on the bed, surrounded by family, goes out to the hallway, watches and listens to her son and nephew talking, wanders about for a bit, comes back into her body--eventually wakes up to see her mother and stepfather standing by the bed, only the stepfather had transitioned a couple of years before this...Explain how you think that biology played any part of this.....

Because the brain isn't completely shut off in a coma. At some level, there is still some awareness of ones surroundings. No different than when your brain incorporates the sound of your alarm clock into your dream, causing you to wake up late.

All I know is that they haven't. Without evidence or proof, it's not really much of a debate; If we don't need proof to back up what we say, why not just say whatever we want? I am the King of Spain.

I am a Spiritulist......

Because the brain isn't completely shut off in a coma. At some level, there is still some awareness of ones surroundings. No different than when your brain incorporates the sound of your alarm clock into your dream, causing you to wake up late.

You need to reread my post, as apparently you didn't comprehend it......

I am a Spiritulist......
That's cool, opinions and personal labels do not need proof.
There are a dozen people on this forum who question my claim to Libertarianism, but their is no proof that I can give them to prove it. It's just a label, one that even I don't support fully.

I am a me.

You need to reread my post, as apparently you didn't comprehend it......

I understood just fine. It's not magic, it's a distorted perception caused by an injured brain. You know, the organ that is responsible for how we perceive things by processing information. If that is damaged so is the persons perception of everything. Some schitzophrenics, and people with psychotic disorders experience a lot of bizarre things because of their malfunctioning brains. Should we use their distorted malfunctions as proof that toast can talk, and that the CIA can read our minds with flouride?

I understood just fine. It's not magic, it's a distorted perception caused by an injured brain. You know, the organ that is responsible for how we perceive things by processing information. If that is damaged so is the persons perception of everything. Some schitzophrenics, and people with psychotic disorders experience a lot of bizarre things because of their malfunctioning brains. Should we use their distorted malfunctions as proof that toast can talk, and that the CIA can read our minds with flouride?

OK, so you are saying that an injured brain caused this woman to see, hear and understand a conversation that is taking place outside of the hospital room and down the hallway? Is this correct?

That's cool, opinions and personal labels do not need proof.
There are a dozen people on this forum who question my claim to Libertarianism, but their is no proof that I can give them to prove it. It's just a label, one that even I don't support fully.

I am a me.
K

Is this not the thread for Religion and Spirituality? I certainly am not questioning your political affiliation, am I....This would not be the proper thread for that conversation, would it?

Well, you don't have any proof either to back up what you say. Supernaturalism isn't covered by natural laws.
It can't be proven by science. Yet. Who knows maybe in the near future science will be able to.

If we're all blind with no way of knowing what we know now, would you say the sun doesn't exist?
Just because something hasn't been proven to exist doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't exists.

You say you're the king of Spain. I say, "yeah, right." :lol:

Last edited:
My mom had a near-death and experienced the light. Like non-believers I was thinking that she could've been hallucinating. Some could've been truly hallucinating....but all of them??

If all these people who'd had similar experiences were hallucinating, or reacting to drugs....why do they have similar hallucinations?

They mostly mentioned about the "light." The peaceful feeling. The warmth.

Someone argued here say that biologically we react differently....if so, why the same, or almost similar hallucinations?

Last edited:
Well, you don't have any proof either to back up what you say. Supernaturalism isn't covered by natural laws.
It can't be proven by science. Yet. Who knows maybe in the near future science will be able to.

If we're all blind with no way of knowing what we know now, would you say the sun doesn't exist?
Just because something hasn't been proven to exist doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't exists.

You say you're the king of Spain. I say, "yeah, right." :lol:

The point is that you shouldn't claim it as fact unless you can prove it, or there's someway to prove it.

My mom had a near-death and experienced the light. Like non-believers I was thinking that she could've been hallucinating. Some could've been truly hallucinating....but all of them??

If all these people who'd had similar experiences were hallucinating, or reacting to drugs....why do they have similar hallucinations?

They mostly mentioned about the "light." The peaceful feeling. The warmth.

Someone argued here say that biologically we react differently....if so, why the same, or almost similar hallucinations?

I'd guess it's because we all have similar chemicals in our bodies/brains. Also, many of these people have probably heard the story about the light, so it could influence their description.

The point is that you shouldn't claim it as fact unless you can prove it, or there's someway to prove it.

You don't need to prove you're the king of spain, I already have tons of evidence NOT to believe it .....

OK, so you are saying that an injured brain caused this woman to see, hear and understand a conversation that is taking place outside of the hospital room and down the hallway? Is this correct?

If you believe that, I can get you the Statue of Liberty at a good price.

That's your opinion.

Why yes it is. Problem?

Last edited:
I never said I was the King of Spain.

My point was you saying "i'm the king of spain" is difference than giving testemony of an experience ... and I explained why.

I'd guess it's because we all have similar chemicals in our bodies/brains.

If that's the case, then everyone should have similar experiences - everyone who died and got resuscitated ought to have had the same experience. Either everyone have had "hallucinations" of lights, or no one should have had that experience.

Also, many of these people have probably heard the story about the light, so it could influence their description.

Pure assumption on your part.

Back
Top Bottom